Death Mode Materials

TheKazuma410

Just some small info, contrary to what some sites and forums say, you don't need an SS rank for the boss materials, at least I didn't with Blackhole.

Speaking of Blackhole, I got his in 3 victories, anybody want to share the wins they got before obtaining the materials ? (With any other boss of course)

• Like 1

I’ve read on Reddit and GameFAQs in the past that some people reported better rewards, the worse rank they had. Last night I got C on Native Dancer and got his rare drop first try. Whereas I’ve been getting SS on Mr Blackhole repeatedly and gotten nothing, whereas the first time I’d gotten it from him was with a B rank my second time trying. Not saying this is concrete fact and don’t want to have anyone waste any time based on here-say but it is interesting that’s it’s happened a few times, or a huge coincidence, but I’m thankful it happened!

• Like 2

Yeah, as an update it took me a LOT of wins against Midori to get her materials, like 8 hours straight or something, and Destroyman thankfully gave his after 12 or so wins.

So, pray to RNG gods you get the harder ones' materials faster.

Edited by TheKazuma410

2 minutes ago, TheKazuma410 said:

Yeah, as an update it took me a LOT of wins against Midori to get her materials, like 8 hours straight or something, and Destroyman thankfully gave his after 12 or so wins.

So, pray to RNG gods you get the harder ones' materials faster.

8 hours... 

These were my drop rates for bosses—

Boss #1 Mr Black Hole [Got Super Rare on 11th Win]
Boss #2 Gold Joe [Got Super Rare on 5th Win]
Boss #3 Native Dancer [Got Super Rare on 3rd Win]
Boss #4 Kimmy Love [Nothing so far after 10 Wins]
Boss #5 Ohma [Got Super Rare on 6th Win]
Boss #6 Midori [Got Super Rare on 1st Win ?]
Boss #7 Destroyman [Got Super Rare on 13th Win]
Boss #8 Sonic Juice [Got Super Rare on 10th Win]
Boss #9 Henry Cooldown [Got Super Rare on 3rd Win]
Boss #10 FU [Nothing so far after 6 Wins]
Boss #11 Damon [Got Super Rare on 10th Win]

If I had to *guess* I’d put the super rare drop rate in Death Mode at 15% chance. 

I need to get the Twin Fist Beast Blood Crystal from Midori 2 more times. 8 hours is ?. If Death Chip trophy doesn’t pop/isn’t fixed soon after/needs a blank save file to work I officially give up. 0.8% of Ps4 players got the platinum and 0.0% of Ps5 players so far. 

PSA: SAVE YOUR GAME 

On Monday I got Midori and Destroyman's drop within about 20 minutes of each other, went onto Sonic Juice aaaaand the game crashed. 40 hours into the game with nothing of the sort happening and it decides to do it right then. I then spent the next 5 hours getting the items back. Ive had some other good luck to even it out like getting Ohma's Tears first try but still, save. I'm usually pretty good at saving but I guess I was so elated from getting them so fast I kinda forgot, I certainly didnt expect the game to crash. Saying that Ive gotten stuck in bosses a few times after doing a combination of close up moves so be careful. And this is the trophy that is still bugged- the hardest one, find that poetic in a way.

Also rant time, the drop rate for these items is absolutely ridiculous. Ive played for about 15+ hours at this point trying to get these and I dont think I even have half. I saw this comment somewhere else but its essentially like, I can play the game perfectly without getting hit, why do I need to prove myself for items that I have no use for? Ive gotten the Z chip now but I think it made my drops worse, when I was getting lower ranks I was getting more drops but Id take speed of fight as opposed to dying over and over to mayhaps get a better drop. I just played for 2.5 hours and I got 1 drop and I fought Mr Blackhole 30+ times easy. Im losing my patience and Im someone that shiny hunts Pokemon with full odds. I just wanna get it done and move onto something else, no wonder I never attempted this on the Switch. Only bought this game again to stream for some friends LMAO. I knew this would happen. Getting 500 scrap in Mad Max wasnt as boring as this, at least youd know it was there, except for the times when that game bugged too! LOL.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lianco said:

Ive gotten the Z chip now but I think it made my drops worse, when I was getting lower ranks I was getting more drops but Id take speed of fight as opposed to dying over and over to mayhaps get a better drop. I just played for 2.5 hours and I got 1 drop and I fought Mr Blackhole 30+ times easy. Im losing my patience and Im someone that shiny hunts Pokemon with full odds.

I can tell you that after Midori I've gotten the stuff needed in less time with Sonic Juice giving me a bit of a scare at worse.

Now with a Z-Chip I haven't gotten stuff nearly as bad and even cleared out Midori (here's hoping no jinx)

It's obvious, and psychologically easier said than done, but from my experience don't go believing every feeling, sometimes we're just extraordinarly unlucky.

But still, why the fuck is it so (seemingly) low of a chance with no fail-safe for player sanity ?

I can't imagine somebody making the horrible mistake of trying to get 3 of every chip with this RNG.

On 12/11/2022 at 1:46 PM, APaulingGameplay said:

Thats my biggest fear right now, the patch comes out and I find out that you need to create the duplicates as well. I think I would honestly cry

Don't be worry about that. I asked a guy who got the platinum on the PS4 version and he confirmed that we only need one of each chip for the trophy.

It's definitely a bug.

Edited by V-Phantomhive
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2022 at 9:49 AM, retrohiit said:

I've beaten Henry 37 times and he still doesn't give me Cross Sword :/

I have yet to get the pink drop from Fu. 

I need 2 more Twin Fist Beast Blood Crystals, 1 more Cross Sword and 2 Fu Pink Drops for Galactic Power. 

Aside from Fu, the pink drop rate for me was about 14% of the time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I need 2 more Fu drops and one more Midori. Every boss except for Fu had super rare drop rates that seemed to follow the same bell curve. I’ve beaten Fu upwards of 40 times (and for 2 hours straight today) and he hasn’t dropped ‘Mark of a Goddamn Superhero’ once.   My best time beating him is in 2min 58sec and it’s never more than 3min 30sec using the stun lock. He drops other pink materials but never the unique one ???