Capcom ID recquired to play ?

NaxRaW

Seriously ? You need to have a Capcom ID to play ? This is so ridiculous... I delete my Capcom ID like 2 years ago and of course there is no way to link your PSN account to a new Capcom ID. Why did they do that ? Resident Evil Resistance didn't need to have one. So yeah... unless they removed this, no resident evil reverse for me. Anyone in the same situation as me ? 

Edited by Ravxxnss
  • Like 1

I would like to add some info regarding the ID.
As someone who has been playing a lot for fighting games and competitive Mps this ID check is a must ESPECIALLY for the future. SF6 is the first one that comes to my mind, I think that from now on this ID will be mandatory for every Capcom game. To be honest at first I wasnt a fan but after but after having to do the same for Square Enix and Blizzard and so on this time it doesnt bother that much as before.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ravxxnss said:

Seriously ? You need to have a Capcom ID to play ? This is so ridiculous... I delete my Capcom ID like 2 years ago and of course there is no way to link your PSN account to a new Capcom ID. Why did they do that ? Resident Evil Resistance didn't need to have one. So yeah... unless they removed this, no resident evil reverse for me. Anyone in the same situation as me ? 

did you not finish the creation process? after you create the new capcom id it lets you put ur PSN in...i had no problems signing up at all..yeah it took a few minutes but once again no problem at all

14 minutes ago, Ravxxnss said:

I delete my capcom ID 2 years ago. Once you link your Psn account to a Capcom ID you cant link your psn account to another Capcom ID. Thats why, my psn account is linked to a dead Capcom ID.

This is the actual problem for most people with Capcom IDs currently. They won't let you link your console or PC accounts to another name/account & recovering your old account is pretty much impossible apparently.

They built this system up the last year or so to support crossplay with their newer titles, so its necessary to keep it. But they need to improve accessibility for it by letting people recover older names or allowing people to link console/PC accounts to a brand new Capcom ID/account instead.