Boosting ranked mp / Co op.

So I'm wondering if there is a trick to this, I tried w/ boost partner for almost 3 hours to connect to each other. An only managed to get into 1 standard non ranked game.

Aside from changing my ports on modem/router (need to find my either net cord  )

We were unable to match at all. Kept getting the '"can't join host. Change host"

Is this due to shit e.a servers. Or just because we are on nat type 2.

The highest chances for me and my boosting partner were to have both our consoles off at the start of the session. Enter the mp roughly at the same time and the host tries to invite the other person. Whether this is coop or mp, it doesn´t matter, if one works the other does as well. Try to connect, you only need to try this once, if the first invite doesn´t work the others will not work either. If it doesn´t work, both shut your consoles off and wait 10 minutes. Repeat and try again. It never took us more than 3 times to connect this way, but mostly we were successful first time.

If this all doesn´t work after multiple attempts (or you have the invisible name glitch) Try again with another boosting partner. I don´t think it is fixible or we haven´t found a way, I don´t think nat type matters either, we were both nat 2. You just need to find a friend to connect well to

I'll attempt that one next time they are on. 

We were going to try different ps3's  - but that ran into a hiccup as well lol.

Question:

If we manage to connect. And go thru co op story.

Do we need to re-find each other each mission change. Or are we able do do all 9 missions for x faction in one run?