Parker's Xbox One First Impressions (Gaming Setup Picture Too)

Parker

If there was a blackout wouldn't you be out of electricity also.  :unsure:

Of course, that's what i mean. Without electricity your modem & xbox can't turn on, preventing you from accessing the Internet to i guess "check in".

So if you go a day under these conditions, your Xbox 1 would have suffered the policy they wanted to implement; which i guess was shutting down offline play(which means you can't play even offline). They basically were also forcing people to purchase a internet service to play the console. 

I would have expected Microsoft's #1 Improvement towards the next Gen to be the "No longer Use of Batteries". I still remember a time when my friend brought his 360 over and we would actually have to find a battery lying out, we even checked the damn sofa. 

I guess Microsoft must have a Partnership with "Duracell" to keep it in effect. I agree that the "having to subscribe for a Subscription" seams ridiculous on the fact that it's another company's service. Also imagine if they went along with the "must have internet available 24/7" policy, because just imagine if there's a "Blackout"...Which I got today due to heavy winds knocking down a Utility pole, and if they did go with that policy my Xbox One would be fucked right now(if I had one).

Either that or they know assholes like me will spend money on this...

14764775_201308291837.jpg

Parker

Makes Sense, it even has the Xbox logo on the kit..lol

Yup I was going to post about that until I scrolled down the page :) Companies make no money on Hardware, instead they make it on Peripherals and Software. That is why the more stuff you can upsell along with a system the better. So Charge Kit and XBOX Live Membership are two great things to add on to a Xbox sale. I mean back in the day you could add both of those things plus a network adaptor and if they bought an Arcade system you could get them later with the Hard drive.

The Wii was really good for this as well as parents would come in and want to be able to play with their kids so you would sell them 3 extra controllers and 4 nunchucks. Plus you could add on the charging station as well.

Then there was the PS3...you could add on an HDMI cable usually and maybe a second controller (more often you would upsell the controller bundle that came with a game as well) but beyond that there wasn't too much else that the customer needed that wasn't included in the box already. Stupid Playstation giving the customer what they need right out of the box :shakefist:

Well, my Xbone scared the shit out of me today. I booted the system up and went to launch Forza 5. It went to the first loading screen of the game and then blacked out. Well shit, so I hit the home button on the controller and hear it but I still can't see anything. Maybe my HDMI port is messed up, so I switch to another port (that I know works) and it does the same thing. Maybe it is my HDMI cable, it is some years old so I try the cable that came with the system and still nothing. At this point I'm thinking I'm fucked and I'll have to send it to Microsoft. 

Turns out all I needed to do was unplug it and plug it back in. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come but it certainly had me a little heated for a few minutes today. Other than that the system has been pretty much flawless and I'm still really enjoying it. 

Parker