*Patched* You can get the "Going Dark" trophy solo if your partner leaves

Thanks to @Luckymaniac for sharing his idea - my teammate and I only changed some minor details for our run and wanted to share.

Notes: Travel through the river for all transitions, use the recon class, no dying allowed, and exit to the main menu if an alarm goes off before you start again.

1st Step (Clear Site C): One player lands on the electrical tower and the other player lands on the tallest pillar located in the middle area. Leave the juggernaut for last, you should use sniper rifles for regular enemies and can use your secondary weapon for the juggernaut if he didn’t go down with sniper rounds (he will just stand there and take it if you are shooting from a distance). The player located on the pillar should also clear out the enemies located on the outside of Site A before going to Site C. Throw the recon device that sees through walls down before entering any buildings in Site C just in case there is someone inside.

2nd Step: (Clear Site A): Take out the guy who is standing at the bridge that links Site A to Site B. The only enemies that should be alive at this point are located inside the building. Climb the water tower located towards the back of Site A. Verify nobody is on the roof before you glide down there. Attract attention while laying prone on the roof, be ready to headshot any enemies that walk up the stairs. Take turns using the recon device. Once you go down to the second floor, one person disables laser and takes the item while the other watches over the first floor stairs. Once you have the item, both can jump off the roof and parachute towards the river.

3rd Step (Clear Site B): Take out anybody standing in front of the building. Crouch/prone your way towards the back of the building where the ladder is and climb slowly. Coordinate to take out the guys in the room below the roof opening. ADS the doors for incoming enemies while letting your recon devices provide intel. Once all enemies on the second floor are eliminated, jump down and retrieve the last item. The trophy should pop at that point.

Huge thanks to @skroq for getting this tricky trophy with me, good times.

Edited by SilkyHen
  • Like 1

Hey, i don't know what we are doing wrong. Me and my mate completed the requirements for the trophy multiple times. Even fullfilled it solo. No trophy. We tried sniping from the tower in the middle of the map, cleared the nuclear sites. No alarm, no trophy. I think it's bugged, we are playing the european version of this game. We are glad for every help. Thx

Edit: Just unlocked it. Changed the direction, started with B  (silent, worked our way downstairs), moved to A, then to C. Unlocked at the very moment we picked up the device at C. Hope this will help

Edited by JimmyGlitchy_
  • Like 1

This trophy is 100% glitched, but can be earned still.

My mate and I had been trying for days, in the order C > A > B, since B seemed to be rather unpredictable and given the trophy was supposed to pop after collecting the third and final piece. No alarms raised, always restarted from the lobby (no retries) and not being spotted.

Today the trophy finally popped, as we went points B > A > C. However, we didn’t even reach point C, let alone a collect the piece. After clearing A we went to the roof of the building opposite and started to snipe enemies at C, and whilst doing this the trophy popped, with only 2 pieces collected. Our objective even said we had 1 more remaining to collect (as well as a new instruction to exfiltrate), but we were still able to exfiltrate. So, my only advice is to not do point B last if you are having problems with the trophy not popping after doing point B last. Try B > A > C instead, worked first time for us and we didn’t even need to go anywhere near C!!

The time the trophy popped was also the only time we used the suicide/retry method after we collected the piece at point B. This was because there were a lot of enemies still downstairs so it made sense to use this method to clear them automatically, since no alarm had been raised.

And despite the trophy description, I’m almost certain you cannot even be spotted by enemies (not just letting the alarm be raised), as if they spot you they fire their weapon which causes the alarm to be raised.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add my two cents. Just got this trophy (and the platinum), and I can confirm: it works, you just need to make one run (from lobby) with no alarms and no deaths/retries. The exploit of restarting the checkpoints no longer works—did this several times using this trick and the trophy did not pop. I did it solo, using some of the tricks/techniques posted by other people but ultimately just trying to minimize kills/chaos/possibility of alarm. Here’s my run with commentary:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 31.12.2022 at 7:28 PM, Youles said:

This trophy is 100% glitched, but can be earned still.

My mate and I had been trying for days, in the order C > A > B, since B seemed to be rather unpredictable and given the trophy was supposed to pop after collecting the third and final piece. No alarms raised, always restarted from the lobby (no retries) and not being spotted.

Today the trophy finally popped, as we went points B > A > C. However, we didn’t even reach point C, let alone a collect the piece. After clearing A we went to the roof of the building opposite and started to snipe enemies at C, and whilst doing this the trophy popped, with only 2 pieces collected. Our objective even said we had 1 more remaining to collect (as well as a new instruction to exfiltrate), but we were still able to exfiltrate. So, my only advice is to not do point B last if you are having problems with the trophy not popping after doing point B last. Try B > A > C instead, worked first time for us and we didn’t even need to go anywhere near C!!

The time the trophy popped was also the only time we used the suicide/retry method after we collected the piece at point B. This was because there were a lot of enemies still downstairs so it made sense to use this method to clear them automatically, since no alarm had been raised.

And despite the trophy description, I’m almost certain you cannot even be spotted by enemies (not just letting the alarm be raised), as if they spot you they fire their weapon which causes the alarm to be raised.

Yes, same for me. I did it solo today. The route was B -> A -> C.

At B I killed myself and at A I died twice by C4. Then when I wanted to clean up at C, the trophy came without me getting the 3rd object.

So if anyone is reading this. It's best to do it in this order. Otherwise has not worked for me.

Edited by jannik_1904