Can't play campaign.

ICY_Jack

Hello all!

I read from similar problems on other forums but without a clear solution:

I own the disc version but only ever played Warzone mode. Now I wanted to go back and play the campaign, but I just can't get it to run.

When in the title screen no matter how I try to launch or install the respective packages I get the error: "The store is currently not available".

I tried the following mitigations:

- Uninstall and re-install with all packages from the "manage game contents" tab (I do not see the campaign packages there, only multiplayer, coop, high res. textures and compatibiliy)

- Clearing the PS5 cache.

- Installing the game with the console offline.

- Installing the digital Warzone version and access campaign via also inserting the disc.

- Upon inserting the disc only download the Modern Warfare update and not Warzone (gives error that all updates are required).

None of them worked and I get only the warzone mode to work. Multiplayer, Co-op and Campaign cannot be accessed: saying either installation suspended or package missing - even if I downloaded all packages. And if I try to install them from within the title screen by pressing R3 I get the error: "The store is currently not available".

I am out of ideas at this point. Maybe somebody has experienced something similar, hopefully with a solution. Happy to take ideas!

It is ridiculous that I cannot play the game literally owning the disc...

And yes I checked:

But as the Campaign packs are not in the manage game content menu and I only get an error when pressing R3 in the menu I have no idea what to do.

Edited by ICY_Jack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2022 at 11:05 PM, coldspectre said:

I have tried everything to get this game to work. I only want to play the campaign but it continues to BS about how a download pack is missing even though it says 6/6 installed. 

This game is broken garbage. If you are reading this before you bought it, then save your money. 

Did you manage to fix it? I managed to play 9/16 missions then decided to install Spec Ops multiplayer pack and now it won’t work. It’s saying the same thing as yours. I then installed all  6 and it wouldn’t work. Won’t even let me uninstall the packs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 16/12/2022 at 5:15 PM, GirguinPengaffes said:

Try turning off internet in the Playstation Network settings on the console. When internet is turned off and you boot up the game, you should be able to enter offline mode which let's you play the campaign. Hope this helps!

Cheers Man!

For anyone else having issues, this worked for me.  I downloaded the campaign pack and the campaign/spec ops pack.  It still wouldn't let me play the campaign, so I followed these instructions and simply turned off my network connection, restarted the game and I was then able to access the campaign in offline mode.  Once I was on the mission selector screen I then just switched my network connection back on in case it caused any issues with the trophies popping.  

I've switched my console off... here's hoping I can get back on tomorrow, if not I'll go through the same process.

Good luck all!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I had a different issue but along somewhat the same line.

I recently bought the disc version for this game. PEGI18 Region 2. CUSA17486.
I faced this issue "The store is currently not available" since this disc is imported and not designed for my local market.

I signed into my alternate UK PSN account, and launched the game. The option to download "campaign pack" and "campaign/spec ops compatibility pack" appeared instead of the message "The store is currently not available". I downloaded all 7 packs that showed up and restarted game to play campaign. Hope this help.

Hint: Try signing into the game from another account just to download the packs.

Edited by sergent_yuri

• 4 months later...

Ya funciona, tengo el mismo problema pero , aplaste el botón de ps del control , me dirigi a descargas y marque el paquete que instale, arranca el juego iniciando desde el paquete que está en descargas . ( Debes descarga antes todo lo q te pide a mí me funcionó y eso q ya di por perdido al juego ) Espero q puedan disfrutar de este COD 

• 3 weeks later...

It's a broken mess. Installed it on PS5 last night to replay the campaign after several years, downloaded every single pack, game crashes every time in the main menu when it's connecting to their servers. Tried it in offline mode, then it says I'm missing several packs for the campaign - which were just downloaded and installed prior and are now magically gone!

The fact that Activision can't be bothered to put out a fix or a native PS5 version for this game, shows what a disgrace they are. Because now you're stuck with a useless pile of gigabytes. They took everyone's money and ran.

Edit: 24 hours later after trying the same thing on PS4, I came to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 1 crashes on that console as well. The first game in the MW reboot is effectively dead on PlayStation. And everyone who bought it, has been robbed. How in the holy fuck hasn't there been any more awareness about this?

Edited by JoaLoft
  • Like 1