Question about No Death runs.

aap_9000

I have a question about doing the No Death runs. When you want to do the levels in a certain order, and die in the first level, do you need to fully exit the game and start that level again or do you only need to return to the map? I don't know whether the no death streak triggers when you're just quitting to the map, and then selecting that level again

Скажу даже больше. Если ваш перс помер, но вы успели нажать паузу и экран не сбросился. Это не считается за смерть и можно спокойно переигрывать этот уровень или выбрать другой. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't started your streak yet you can die multiple times till you complete a level. Once you finish a level the streak starts now you can't die unless you have to restart the entire world without dying again. Quitting to the main menu resets your streak so you don't want to exit the game once the streak starts, if you are about to die you can pause the game and go back to the map and it won't count as a death.

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 9:21 PM, gamercris066 said:

If you haven't started your streak yet you can die multiple times till you complete a level. Once you finish a level the streak starts now you can't die unless you have to restart the entire world without dying again. Quitting to the main menu resets your streak so you don't want to exit the game once the streak starts, if you are about to die you can pause the game and go back to the map and it won't count as a death.

Thanks! That was the answer I was looking for  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/15/2022 at 3:21 PM, Kimura Shikichi said:

thanks!! Im kinda terrified of this plat rn lol

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 06.11.2022 at 1:16 PM, LOKO20022004 said:

Скажу даже больше. Если ваш перс помер, но вы успели нажать паузу и экран не сбросился. Это не считается за смерть и можно спокойно переигрывать этот уровень или выбрать другой. 

This is wrong and misleading, as soon as you hear the splashing sound of your character death, you must start over, tested this multiple times

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ChuckieH said:

Are you able to try some levels one day and then leave the rest for another day?  It's not clear for me if the main menu quit counts if you go to the map and then stop playing for a while.

You have to finish them all in 1 sitting. If you quit to main menu you loose your progress. You can quit to the levels map and even to the chapter select screen (without moving to a different chapter). I don't know if it's possible to quit to levels map and go to the ps desktop tho ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 1:16 PM, ChuckieH said:

Are you able to try some levels one day and then leave the rest for another day?  It's not clear for me if the main menu quit counts if you go to the map and then stop playing for a while.

Going back to the main menu will reset the entire deathless run back to zero, so you would have to redo everything. You can sit on the map for as long as you want, just don't quit to the main menu.
Edited by Kimura Takahashi
  • Like 1