question about bug farm xp

hello everyone, as you well know reaching level 100 is a long way.

We know that using a turbo controller helps but, on the other hand, leaving it for more than an hour produces a bug that makes you lose all the experience gained in that race, if this happens it crashes when you look at your hero card.

Has anyone tried reaching level 100 leaving it for many hours reaching this level and ignoring the setback because the trophy was already achieved?

Edited by MANU1950

I recently got the platinum and I safely turbo-boosted the game via remote play and Ghost Control. I did sessions of 3 to 4 hours and the glitch never happened. After each session I closed the application and launched it again. When I did sessions of over 6 hours I got screwed every time, so 3 to 4 seems good. 

• Like 1

Hi. I had a lot of problem with this crash.

I read a post about a guy explaining a workaround to keep the XP even if the game crashes. I tried to replicate what he was doing, but it didn't work for me. But I found a way that worked for me.

The idea is to get on the menu the message about the data being corrupted. When you get this message, you should be fine: the game will crash, but your XP is saved.

I don't remember exactly how I did, but it is something like that:

- I farmed with the remote App (the second player being a guest account). When I am done, I quit the game to the menu. If you don't see at that time the save signal in the bottom of your screen then the game will crash for sure.

- On the menu, I think I disconnected the remote App, then switched to the guest account, then disconnected it. When back in the game with the main account, the message was displayed.

- I then made a simple Vs fight, just to be sure.

- When the game crashes, close and relaunch it: you should have the XP you farmed.

But as I said, maybe it will not work for you that way.

My advice: try to find a method that works everytime for you to get this "corrupted data" message. Once you know how to replicate it, just farm how long as you want. You will lose your multiplier in the end (because you have to close the game), but thrust me, it is worth it. And make a backup of your save so that you don't lose your multiplier in case you mess up.

Hope that will help, that grind is a  huge pain in the ...

Edited by MiniBouss
  • Like 1

This is in the forum for the NA region. The trick worked fine for me in that version, but in this version I’m unfortunately kinda sleeping on the same issue hanging in the balance (in rest mode). I’ve been using a guest account in lieu of an alt account. I think I could manage to trigger the “data corruption” error again if I make a new guest user and reattempt. I think the reason the trick works is because once you log out of a guest user, the entire profile (so to speak) is completely gone.

Edit: I was forgetting not to just switch user from the guest user, but actually log out to cause the error and thus brute force the auto save. Rest mode surely has nothing to do with getting it fixed.

Edited by EqualityEarth

• 1 month later...

Step 1 : go back to the main menu after finishing your Versus match

Steo 2: go to your hero card and view it. (this will take a while cause it is bugged) 

Step 3: go back to the main menu.

Step 4: now go to the hero card and view it with the second account you are using to setup the versus match. 

Step 5: as soon as you hit the VIEW button with your second acount log OFF the PS4 or PS5 as fast as possible.  (it works on both i have tested it)

Step 6: press ok on the corrupt Data message.

Important notes: 

1:The second account you're using should be an actual account not a guest account it has always failed for me when i used a guest account for quick play

2: if you reach level 100 and the game is freezing and the trophy has not popped DONT worry try to do the corrupt data workaround anyway. reboot the game play 1 versus game and the trophy should pop immediately after that match.

3: it is important to log off as soon as you hit the view button and the game starts freezing on the 2nd account because i have noticed it fail if i was taking too long and the game would end up crashing without it saving.

send me a message if you have any questions i might be able to anwser.

• 4 months later...
On 21/01/2023 at 4:12 PM, scarface0318 said:

Step 1 : go back to the main menu after finishing your Versus match

Steo 2: go to your hero card and view it. (this will take a while cause it is bugged) 

Step 3: go back to the main menu.

Step 4: now go to the hero card and view it with the second account you are using to setup the versus match. 

Step 5: as soon as you hit the VIEW button with your second acount log OFF the PS4 or PS5 as fast as possible.  (it works on both i have tested it)

Step 6: press ok on the corrupt Data message.

Important notes: 

1:The second account you're using should be an actual account not a guest account it has always failed for me when i used a guest account for quick play

2: if you reach level 100 and the game is freezing and the trophy has not popped DONT worry try to do the corrupt data workaround anyway. reboot the game play 1 versus game and the trophy should pop immediately after that match.

3: it is important to log off as soon as you hit the view button and the game starts freezing on the 2nd account because i have noticed it fail if i was taking too long and the game would end up crashing without it saving.

send me a message if you have any questions i might be able to anwser.

it doesnt work at all, tryed this 3 times now, can't be faster.

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2022 at 0:45 PM, ScyMantis said:

My farming method.

Buy 4x boost, time 5-6 hours, flash method (required 1 turbo controller)

1. Disconnect your wifi connection before ending the match.

2. when on the rematch screen you want to log out on the 2nd account

3. Press main menu.

4. Turn back on wifi.

Can confirm this DOES work. Thank you very much ScyMantis. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 9:45 AM, ScyMantis said:

flash method (required 1 turbo controller)

1. Disconnect your wifi connection before ending the match.

2. when on the rematch screen you want to log out on the 2nd account

3. Press main menu.

4. Turn back on wifi.

Can also confirm that this works. Used this method a few times, including one 8-hour match. You’ll most likely need to restart the game once you’re back at the main menu though since it tends to freeze afterwards when choosing any option, but you do see the save symbol in the bottom-right corner when going back to the main menu. Thanks for this, appreciate it! 👌

• 1 month later...

So I found a consistent way to get the corrupted data message for this shitty bug.

My Setup : Remote Play 1P with a controller connected on your PC as your main account & a 2nd controller connected directly on PS5 for 2P connected as a Guest
(I think just having 2 controllers and your account + a Guest account is the key here)

1. After your software or turbo controller grinded for hours in the match, I made sure that both controller are connected (with their accounts on ofc).
2. I ended the match by beating 2P, accepted every rewards and got back to the menu.
-> Game does not save, there's no logo on the bottom right of the screen.
3. With the guest controller, I then go to the Guest's hero card and try to view it.
-> The game is slow and trying to get to the Guest's hero card, and you can't move anything in the menu.
4. While this happens, I quickly disconnected the Guest ACCOUNT (not just the 2P controller) while it's trying to view the Guest's Hero card.
-> I got the corruption save data and the game crashed but everything is saved.

It's fairly simple, and it's been consistent on my side.
I need only one more run of this and this trophy will pop, I'll update if annything occurs but I highly doubt it

Edited by DUSK_lane