PS3 save file import

Hello, 

I’m currently playing the Drakengard / Nier saga with a friend of mine. We played Drakengard 3 on his PS3 (his profile: https://psnprofiles.com/Gantai_Owl)

Since he’s not going to 100% the game, I was wondering if I can use his save file (which i 100% contribuited to it, we shared the controller through every session that was played) to save time on my personal platinum run.
Since it’s the first time I’m trying to import saves from another account, I don’t know if it’s gonna work / autopop some trophies / legit on this website.

If someone could clarify it to me it would be very nice. Thanks

5 minutes ago, greatfede said:

Hello, 

I’m currently playing the Drakengard / Nier saga with a friend of mine. We played Drakengard 3 on his PS3 (his profile: https://psnprofiles.com/Gantai_Owl)

Since he’s not going to 100% the game, I was wondering if I can use his save file (which i 100% contribuited to it, we shared the controller through every session that was played) to save time on my personal platinum run.
Since it’s the first time I’m trying to import saves from another account, I don’t know if it’s gonna work / autopop some trophies / legit on this website.

If someone could clarify it to me it would be very nice. Thanks

Saves are encrypted to the profile that created it. If you use an external program to change the save to your profile and earn trophies with that, you will get flagged

Using any “external save file” other than your own. This includes, but isn’t limited to:

• Usage of save files (including unencrypted ones) downloaded from the internet.
  • Usage of save files given to you by friends, relatives, PSN users, or anyone else.
  • Transferring local save files from different user profiles from your PlayStation. (AKA Profile Swapping)
Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

No, that breaks a lot of rules and will get you flagged in a heartbeat:

Using external software to alter PlayStation system or save data. This includes but isn’t limited to:

• Usage of unsupported software tools to unlock, edit, or alter PlayStation data files in any way.
  • Usage of PlayStation Emulation software or similar programs that may unlock trophies.
  • Usage of self-built game software / patches, modified data, or custom network software (*see exceptions below) 

Using any “external save file” other than your own. This includes but isn’t limited to:

• Usage of save files (including unencrypted ones) downloaded from the internet.
  • Usage of save files given to you by friends, relatives, PSN users, or anyone else.
  • Transferring local save files from different user profiles from your PlayStation. (AKA Profile Swapping)

Using multiple PlayStations to simultaneously play a single [one] game title, at the same time on the same PSN account. This includes:

• One person launching the same game on multiple PlayStations and earning trophies in an impossible manner, if compared to a single console.
  • Multiple people “teaming” together at the same time on a specific game title, all under one account, if compared to a single person.
Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Saves are encrypted to the profile that created it. If you use an external program to change the save to your profile and earn trophies with that, you will get flagged

I read that not all the game saves are encrypted. I haven’t searched / tried yet with D3. Anyway If it’s blocked i’m just gonna drop it. I don’t want to alter the save file.

Edited by greatfede

2 minutes ago, greatfede said:

I read that not all the game saves are encrypted. I haven’t tried yet with D3.
If it’s blocked i’m just gonna drop it. 

I don’t want to alter the save file.

Don't use any save that wasn't created with your own profile. Only earlier releases had unencrypted saves. Even those will get you flagged for leaderboard removal if you try using them 

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, greatfede said:

I read that not all the game saves are encrypted. I haven’t tried yet with D3.
If it’s blocked i’m just gonna drop it. 

I don’t wasn’t to alter the save file.

It doesn't matter if it's encrypted or not, you're still using a save that's not yours - which is against the rules. If you want to to Plat/100% this game, it has to be done on your account with your own saves, not someone else's.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It doesn't matter if it's encrypted or not, you're still using a save that's not yours - which is against the rules. If you want to to Plat/100% this game, it has to be done on your account with your own saves, not someone else's.

Technically I played (and watched, when i wasn’t the one with the controller) the entire game regularly, therefore I should own atleast the 50% of the progress made. I’m not stealing anything. 

Beside the purpose of the platinum, i think I should be entitled to be able to replay the game with the progress made, without having to farm it again from scratch. If not on my account i’m then forced to use my friend’s one.

Edited by greatfede

8 minutes ago, greatfede said:

Technically I played (and watched, when i wasn’t the one with the controller) the entire game regularly, therefore I should own atleast the 50% of the progress made. I’m not stealing anything. 

Beside the purpose of the platinum, i think I should be entitled to be able to replay the game with the progress made, without having to farm it again from scratch. If not on my account i’m forced to use my friend’s one then.

Nobody is entitled to anything in a place that has its own rules.

Your profile would show an out of order / impossible times with trophies and it is 100% flaggable, no matter the explanation. You could do it, keep the game without hiding it, but you would lose your place on the leaderboard. You're entitled to accept or not accept these terms. Your PlayStation consoles would still display it, it will be still 100%, you'd still know you did it, but you will be flagged here, end of story.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I understand what you mean - but remember, this site is PSN Profiles, not PSN People.

It doesn't track people, it tracks profiles.

The person behind that profile is irrelevant.

(That's why, for example, a person can have multiple profiles, or use burner profiles to protect completion rate, or start fresh with a new profile, and discard all their previous stats.)

Whether you, as a person, contributed to the progress made on that save is irrelevant -  your profile didn't.

Your profile is the thing the site tracks stats for, places on a leaderboard, adds to "achiever lists"....

...and it's your profile that the site would consider to have cheated if it imported a save from another profile.

Good explanation, thanks!

• Like 1