I barely get any rp in ranked 2.0

Hello, I’ve been plying rainbow again lately, I finally hit level 50 and I’m playing ranked with 3 friends. I’m currently in copper 2 but I was in copper 1 earlier today. I get around 40 rp per win and I lose almost 35 rp per loss. I think this is incredibly unfair as I’m only in high copper. I also keep playing against players that are a lot better and have way better knowledge in the game which is rediculous as I’m no where near their skill level. 
Does anyone know if I’ll eventually lose more rp per loss then I’ll get when I win once I’ll hit bronze/silver?

• 2 weeks later...
On 27.12.2022 at 11:32 PM, MLGeffen2004 said:

Hello, I’ve been plying rainbow again lately, I finally hit level 50 and I’m playing ranked with 3 friends. I’m currently in copper 2 but I was in copper 1 earlier today. I get around 40 rp per win and I lose almost 35 rp per loss. I think this is incredibly unfair as I’m only in high copper. I also keep playing against players that are a lot better and have way better knowledge in the game which is rediculous as I’m no where near their skill level. 
Does anyone know if I’ll eventually lose more rp per loss then I’ll get when I win once I’ll hit bronze/silver?

You'll stay around that rp loss/gain level

On 27.12.2022 at 11:32 PM, MLGeffen2004 said:

Working on hitting gold myself, currently in silver 5. From how I understand the system you will probably not lose more rp then you gain.

The ranked system is split in to two, skill and rank. Skill is hidden from the player and based on the old MMR (ranked) system. Your skill determines who you match against. Rank determines what your visible rank is, example copper 1. How much rp you gain and lose depends on what rank your skill indicates you are. If the hidden skill level thinks you are a copper 1 player you will gain and lose around 40 rp per win and lose respectively. The key is that if you go on a winning streak your hidden skill will increase as well as your visible rank. Therefore you will most likely never lose more then you can gain. There are some more factors, but skill is the most important.

In my personal opinion the new system seems unnecessary complicated. The reason for this is that if your skill is equal to a silver 2 player why not just show your rank as silver 2. Instead the devs makes you grind more to hit the rank that the game thinks you belong in. The only reason I can see that justifies the new system is that the devs wants players to grind more to get rewards. Most other expansions would not justify a so dramatic shift in the system.

Good luck to all new players pushing to gold

On 28/12/2022 at 8:32 AM, MLGeffen2004 said:

Someone has to be copper and if you say you're consistently against people a lot better, but your RP difference is still in the positive, then the game is being nice to you. That's the opposite of unfair for you. Maybe copper 1 and 2 isn't where you should be at yet.

If you usually play worse than others in your games then eventually you'll start to lose more than you earn as the game will realise you're too high for your actual skill level. I don't think copper is an exception either

Edited by Riiszk

On 9.1.2023 at 11:52 PM, pikaopas said:

Working on hitting gold myself, currently in silver 5. From how I understand the system you will probably not lose more rp then you gain.

The ranked system is split in to two, skill and rank. Skill is hidden from the player and based on the old MMR (ranked) system. Your skill determines who you match against. Rank determines what your visible rank is, example copper 1. How much rp you gain and lose depends on what rank your skill indicates you are. If the hidden skill level thinks you are a copper 1 player you will gain and lose around 40 rp per win and lose respectively. The key is that if you go on a winning streak your hidden skill will increase as well as your visible rank. Therefore you will most likely never lose more then you can gain. There are some more factors, but skill is the most important.

In my personal opinion the new system seems unnecessary complicated. The reason for this is that if your skill is equal to a silver 2 player why not just show your rank as silver 2. Instead the devs makes you grind more to hit the rank that the game thinks you belong in. The only reason I can see that justifies the new system is that the devs wants players to grind more to get rewards. Most other expansions would not justify a so dramatic shift in the system.

Good luck to all new players pushing to gold

The battle pass gives rewards. The old system was bad, we'll have to see if this one is better. Gamers helped design this new system.

On 11.1.2023 at 10:21 PM, lostforever77 said:

The battle pass gives rewards. The old system was bad, we'll have to see if this one is better. Gamers helped design this new system.

Just returned recently to the game so I would not know if the reward system is better then the old. I was just commenting on the ranked system.

I think it is good that the devs takes feedback of players into account off course, but it is hard for gamers to know how a ranked system should be designed. I am probably only an average player so I can only provide my perspective, maybe high or low tier players would disagree.

Rank update I am super close to hitting silver 2, wise me luck on my push to gold.

Edit: Also experienced losing more RP when losing then I am gaining for a win. Mostly RP gain/lose seems to even out when preforming at the stable level, but it can drop if you preform badly or go on a loosing streak. Went on a 7 game losing streak in silver which then caused me to gain 29 and lose 45 if I remember correctly.

Edited by pikaopas

On 12/27/2022 at 2:32 PM, MLGeffen2004 said:

I am currently losing more points when I lose then I am gaining when I win. I think I gain around 32 and lose about 37. I am currently emerald 5 and this started low plat and has maintain consistent the last couple games so I think once you surpass your skill level the game does start to punish you more and reward you less. I am currently leveling up another account to level 50 and plan to solo queue to gold to see how many games it takes for a new account and what the rp gain and loss will be like. I will keep you updated