What's your honest thought on the platinum for this game?

I just got the platinum and couldn't feel any more prouder as there were times I wanted to give up on the game and yet I still kept at it and got there in the end. 
This is the first GTA game I've 100% in-game and trophy wise before, so it's left me feeling like I can do the same with others. I think Vice City and 3 will be just as grindy and rage inducing, yet it'll be fun because it'll be like I'm reliving my childhood. ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeadDexterous said:

I did the platinums for the original trilogy and the definitive.

You should be proud because no GTA is easy. If you can platinum one of the trilogy chances are you can plat them all.

They are must plays and some of the best games ever made. So play them all & enjoy them.

My personal favourite was San Andreas. What a game !

I need to go back to the original for SA and platinum that at some point as well, that's on my backlog and needs to be done properly.
Definitely, I can't believe I managed to platinum SA. I want to work on Vice City and 3 next, 'cause I have to get them all now. ??
They really are fun games to play, stressful at times but really fun all the same.
Same here, it's the one I went for out of the trilogy first because of how I played it as a kid and I never properly beat the story myself, so I wanted to go down memory lane and actually see how the game played out for once. "All you had to do was follow the goddamned train, CJ!"

• Like 1

I am going to finish up the platinum for this by the end of the weekend hopefully. It was the most enjoyable one so far. I would say GTA 3 is the hardest for sure, specifically the vehicle missions will be the worst part. Vice City was easier and San Andreas being the easiest. Good Luck on doing them all! 

• Like 1

Just now, TheV1talogy said:

I am going to finish up the platinum for this by the end of the weekend hopefully. It was the most enjoyable one so far. I would say GTA 3 is the hardest for sure, specifically the vehicle missions will be the worst part. Vice City was easier and San Andreas being the easiest. Good Luck on doing them all! 

Good luck with the platinum! And I'm excited to give Vice City and 3 a go but also not looking forward to the grind. So, thank you! ?

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed every moment of it honestly. San Andreas is one of my favorite PS2 titles. The cars for the import is really lengthy, sometimes it can get boring driving for that long. 

San Andreas is pretty impressive out of the trilogy. It's definitely the longest to finish for me. I haven't jumped into VC very much yet

• Like 1

The platinum is great as it could be "worse". We don't need to do all unique stunt jumps or complete all burglar missions, for example. Also, in comparison with the OG GTA SA that was on PS4 before, we don't need to get arrested 50 times. But it's fun all the way. I'm going for my second platinum playing on a PS5 this time.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ViniMbapKyrgios said:

A well deserved platinum from a beautiful remaster. :)

I completely agree. ?

9 hours ago, ollo99 said:

I enjoyed every moment of it honestly. San Andreas is one of my favorite PS2 titles. The cars for the import is really lengthy, sometimes it can get boring driving for that long. 

San Andreas is pretty impressive out of the trilogy. It's definitely the longest to finish for me. I haven't jumped into VC very much yet

Yeah, it's something I remember fondly playing as a kid when I know I shouldn't have been on it. xD Those missions take the piss, it felt amazing to get them done once and for all when they were done. 

It is. I haven't even attempted Vice City or III yet. I was focusing on GTA V after San Andreas and I managed to platinum that as well. 

9 hours ago, FlashbekBR said:

The platinum is great as it could be "worse". We don't need to do all unique stunt jumps or complete all burglar missions, for example. Also, in comparison with the OG GTA SA that was on PS4 before, we don't need to get arrested 50 times. But it's fun all the way. I'm going for my second platinum playing on a PS5 this time.

I agree, not having to do any of that towards the platinum made it a hell of a lot more fun and easier than GTA V! And good luck. :3 

Vice City starts off a bit annoying because you have to use a glitch to get the "Take the Cannoli" Trophy.

Most guides will tell you to collect 80 hidden packages in order to spawn the sea sparrow.

However there is a different method where you dont have to collect them, I could explain it but its better to post a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtLLYA5K8yU

You still have to collect all 100 hidden packages for the 100% trophy but a lot of them are located on roofs and later in the game you will have easy access to helicopters.

Makes the collecting much more convenient and I personally dont like it to do collectibles as on of the first things in a game.

As someone who played every version of the trilogy over the past years I still would choose the PC or PS2 versions over the definitive ones all day.

Best way to experience it if you want a platinum is probably to play the "non-definitive" PS4 versions because these are ported from the original PS2 ones.

Dont get me wrong after all the patches the definitive trilogy is still a fun experience and this just my personal preference.

Good luck! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KingTom95 said:

Vice City starts off a bit annoying because you have to use a glitch to get the "Take the Cannoli" Trophy.

Most guides will tell you to collect 80 hidden packages in order to spawn the sea sparrow.

However there is a different method where you dont have to collect them, I could explain it but its better to post a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtLLYA5K8yU

You still have to collect all 100 hidden packages for the 100% trophy but a lot of them are located on roofs and later in the game you will have easy access to helicopters.

Makes the collecting much more convenient and I personally dont like it to do collectibles as on of the first things in a game.

As someone who played every version of the trilogy over the past years I still would choose the PC or PS2 versions over the definitive ones all day.

Best way to experience it if you want a platinum is probably to play the "non-definitive" PS4 versions because these are ported from the original PS2 ones.

Dont get me wrong after all the patches the definitive trilogy is still a fun experience and this just my personal preference.

Good luck! 

Thank you for the link and letting me know how to get the trophy, I'll keep that in mind! ?

Collectible hunting in any game can be annoying to do, so I'm with you for not wanting to do it right at the start especially when they're in not-so easy accessible areas. Sometimes I don't mind doing mindless tasks if I have Netflix on in the background to keep me somewhat entertained and the whole collecting stuff less like a chore.

San Andreas and Vice City are the only ones I properly played back in the days of PS2. I do have the original San Andreas PS2 version on PS4 and I heard that it's meant to be easier to platinum compared to the Definitive Edition as you're able to enable cheats and so you don't die so easily and want to rip your hair out to the stupidity that is the AI. So, that is something I am wanting to do at some point. It'll make me more nostalgic as well with it being more like the game I played as a kid. 

That's why I waited as long as I did to not only buy the trilogy but to play them as they aren't as buggy as they once were. Then again I still had the odd glitch but that happens on a game no matter for me and I don't know why it's always me who deals with such glitches. ??

Edited by Lucibur
  • Like 1

For San Andreas I've got the platinum on all ports (PS4, PS3 remastered, PS4 Definitive edition) Working my way through the PS5 Definitive edition.

For Vice City I've got the platinum for all versions (PS4 port, PS4 Definitive edition and PS5 Definitive edition.

For GTA 3 I've got the platinum for the PS4 port and the PS4 Definitive edition... Will be doing the PS5 Definitive Edition soon.

The trilogy is pure nostalgia from my childhood and loved playing them on all the platinum journeys (for the most part). I know the Definitive editions of the trilogy got a lot of negative feedback when it got released but I was actually impressed with them as you could tell work had gone into them and not just a colour lift. But people expected them to be like GTA V ?

I hope they do a Definitive edition of GTA 4 as I've never actually played that one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

For San Andreas I've got the platinum on all ports (PS4, PS3 remastered, PS4 Definitive edition) Working my way through the PS5 Definitive edition.

For Vice City I've got the platinum for all versions (PS4 port, PS4 Definitive edition and PS5 Definitive edition.

For GTA 3 I've got the platinum for the PS4 port and the PS4 Definitive edition... Will be doing the PS5 Definitive Edition soon.

The trilogy is pure nostalgia from my childhood and loved playing them on all the platinum journeys (for the most part). I know the Definitive editions of the trilogy got a lot of negative feedback when it got released but I was actually impressed with them as you could tell work had gone into them and not just a colour lift. But people expected them to be like GTA V 1f648.png

I hope they do a Definitive edition of GTA 4 as I've never actually played that one.

Was it easier to platinum the PS4 and PS3 versions of the games? I read somewhere you can use cheats to make it easier with there being no checkpoints in the missions at all. - I have the PS4 port of San Andreas and want to know if there's a chance I can do that because even though I had checkpoints for the Definitive Edition it took the absolute piss at times. ?
Also.. Damn, quite the dedication to go after all versions! It's something I do too sometimes. ?

I know what you mean, I waited a while to get around to even buying the trilogy based on how bad it started out. I'm excited to give Vice City and III a go sometime soon. People always set high expectations for just about everything these days, it's mental..
Talking of GTA 4 I need to go back to it and finish the story. It was fun from what I remember playing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucibur said:

Was it easier to platinum the PS4 and PS3 versions of the games? I read somewhere you can use cheats to make it easier with there being no checkpoints in the missions at all. - I have the PS4 port of San Andreas and want to know if there's a chance I can do that because even though I had checkpoints for the Definitive Edition it took the absolute piss at times. 1f605.png
Also.. Damn, quite the dedication to go after all versions! It's something I do too sometimes. 1f604.png

I know what you mean, I waited a while to get around to even buying the trilogy based on how bad it started out. I'm excited to give Vice City and III a go sometime soon. People always set high expectations for just about everything these days, it's mental..
Talking of GTA 4 I need to go back to it and finish the story. It was fun from what I remember playing.

I actually found the Definitive Editions harder as the A.I hit harder so you lose health faster. If you play it smart and not go in all guns blazing you won't have any issues.

Regarding cheats, only Vice City allowed them and the other 2 don't as far as I'm aware, but I didn't use cheats at all as I played these a bunch of times as a kid (except GTA 3, getting the platinum of the PS4 was the first time I actually played the game)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

I actually found the Definitive Editions harder as the A.I hit harder so you lose health faster. If you play it smart and not go in all guns blazing you won't have any issues.

Regarding cheats, only Vice City allowed them and the other 2 don't as far as I'm aware, but I didn't use cheats at all as I played these a bunch of times as a kid (except GTA 3, getting the platinum of the PS4 was the first time I actually played the game)

It was a pain in the arse, 'cause I tried to play smart but I got killed far too many times over stupid reasons when I was working on San Andreas. 
Interesting as I read somewhere you can use cheats for San Andreas. At least it was easy for you! - I've never properly played GTA 3 myself, so I'm excited to see what the story has to offer when I get around to playing the Definitive Edition. 

On 22.1.2023 at 2:07 PM, Lucibur said:

It was a pain in the arse, 'cause I tried to play smart but I got killed far too many times over stupid reasons when I was working on San Andreas. 
Interesting as I read somewhere you can use cheats for San Andreas. At least it was easy for you! - I've never properly played GTA 3 myself, so I'm excited to see what the story has to offer when I get around to playing the Definitive Edition. 

GTA 3 story is absolutely bare bones and I wouldnt even call it a "revenge" story like many people like to do. Every time you meet the "villain", its mostly just pure coincidence and also you dont even know what your main characters Intentions are as he never talks and everybody around him just tells him what to do all the time. Dont expect much Story wise. 

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow

13 hours ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

GTA 3 story is absolutely bare bones and I wouldnt even call it a "revenge" story like many people like to do. Every time you meet the "villain", its mostly just pure coincidence and also you dont even know what your main characters Intentions are as he never talks and everybody around him just tells him what to do all the time. Dont expect much Story wise. 

That's one way to make me not so excited to play the game then. ??

• 1 month later...
On 26/02/2023 at 9:15 AM, Waspfarmer said:

iv done 3 and vice city, few months apart and now its SA time, i dont see a guide for it tho i did them in order , as iv read here aswell its the longest one SA ....here we go

Good luck! I haven't even started the other two in the Definitive trilogy as I got the platinum for GTA V not long after San Andreas. 

On 12/31/2022 at 4:28 PM, Lucibur said:

I need to go back to the original for SA and platinum that at some point as well, that's on my backlog and needs to be done properly.

Good luck with that, there wasn't trophies on PS2.. ;)

On 1/21/2023 at 7:13 PM, Lucibur said:

GTA 4 wasn't all that, IMHO.  I finished the game before they introduced trophy support.  Trophies weren't a thing on Playstation back then.

16 hours ago, mickywrx said:

Good luck with that, there wasn't trophies on PS2.. ;)

GTA 4 wasn't all that, IMHO.  I finished the game before they introduced trophy support.  Trophies weren't a thing on Playstation back then.

I've enjoyed GTA IV for what it's worth, I want to go back to it so I can clean up as many of the trophies I possibly can because not only do I enjoy trophy hunting and getting the platinums, I enjoy cleaning up my backlog. Y'know? It was my brother who was on PS3 before me and he likes going for trophies on games but not as much as I do, I know he was working on trophies for GTA IV all the same. :,)