Back 4 Blood: Is it done?

jackmadrox

As of right now, it's unclear if B4B will get another season pass worth of content, but I really hope it does. This game didn't exactly hit the ground running when it released, but it slowly got better with new cards, weapons, and acts. I think it's still got more to offer. One major important mode they don't have is the campaign versus from the Left 4 Dead games. Myself and others are convinced that a campaign versus mode is why after 12 years after release, Left 4 Dead 2 still has roughly 20,000 daily players, while B4B struggles to have just 5,000 daily players (according to steam charts). Not having CV at launch was a major oversight on Turtle Rock's part. But I believe this game has more to offer, and I want there to be more coming, I'm just worried that the drop in players will persuade them to call it quits and move on to another project. I guess we shall see.

• Like 1

It seems to me that the game has a lot of potential and I had a really good time playing it. On the other hand, I've had a really bad time, the difficulty peaks were never well calibrated, the recruit is very easy but he doesn't hope it's terribly hard. Many people have seen the difficult and complex game for a low-medium level player, I know because I have friends like that and they have told me that they feel overwhelmed with the game, at least from veteran up. Not to mention when it came out that the difficulty was insulting. With a nightmare that was impossible. I never understood such an obsession with the versus theme, even so the game has plenty of room to grow. For example horde mode, survival or time trial to give examples. If they never release more content, at least for my part in Trophy hunting, I'll be happy because each DLC was torture, No Hope. But on the other hand, I'll be sorry because the game stayed in the middle of what it could be. Surely when they give it to the Plus it will hit a rebound.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 10:57 AM, MANU1950 said:

It seems to me that the game has a lot of potential and I had a really good time playing it. On the other hand, I've had a really bad time, the difficulty peaks were never well calibrated, the recruit is very easy but he doesn't hope it's terribly hard. Many people have seen the difficult and complex game for a low-medium level player, I know because I have friends like that and they have told me that they feel overwhelmed with the game, at least from veteran up. Not to mention when it came out that the difficulty was insulting. With a nightmare that was impossible. I never understood such an obsession with the versus theme, even so the game has plenty of room to grow. For example horde mode, survival or time trial to give examples. If they never release more content, at least for my part in Trophy hunting, I'll be happy because each DLC was torture, No Hope. But on the other hand, I'll be sorry because the game stayed in the middle of what it could be. Surely when they give it to the Plus it will hit a rebound.

Ugh, No Hope difficulty... I've attempted it, but everyone just gets frustrated after a couple of fails and abandons ship. Can't blame them honestly. Like isn't nightmare hard enough?

• 4 weeks later...