How far did you get on your 1st run?

RuggedProGaming

I died on my very first run but I think it mightve been scripted? I died pretty quickly maybe 4 or 5 rooms in. But after that super early death, I was able to finish Act 1 on my next run through which I'm proud of. So far I'm loving the game and it's a really nice change of pace from my recent Session and Skater XL plats. 

• 1 month later...

Not really, i was able to defeat the first Boss without dying and died in the second World.

You can check this as well in my trophy time stamp for defeating the first Boss (a shadow in the fog) and beginning a new cycle for the first time (eternal return)

Nothing is really scripted. The game is forgiving and aim assist is really helping.

If you want to avoid the death trophy and you are almost screwed, you can restart the cycle by pressing option.

Too bad that if you are too good and never die, it’s impossible to platinum. Because there’s a log that spawns only after your first death, yet another log after you spawn through the reconstructor. And there’s a trophy for reviving via an artifact.

On 07/03/2023 at 7:35 AM, archangeltw_ said:

Nothing is really scripted. The game is forgiving and aim assist is really helping.

If you want to avoid the death trophy and you are almost screwed, you can restart the cycle by pressing option.

Too bad that if you are too good and never die, it’s impossible to platinum. Because there’s a log that spawns only after your first death, yet another log after you spawn through the reconstructor. And there’s a trophy for reviving via an artifact.

My man, I have to disagree..

This game is everything but forgiving, until you learn how to play it. 

I died on the first word - third encounter, to be precise (had the audacity to face a containment room only a few minutes in the game).

But then, on my third run, I was able to defeat the third boss straight (playing carefully and from very far).

Now I play like "NOW I AM BECOME DEATH! THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS!"

• Like 1

So in terms of first death it's similar to Demon's Souls. There was also first big enemy that should kill you, but if you don't make a mistake then you can beat it.

I died once on this enemy. Then did all act 1 first try. After that I was struggling for a while (3-4 deaths) on 4th biome and when I finally got to the boss I did whole act 2 without any problems. I was expecting the game to be much harded after what I've read about it. Especially bosses were disappointing. Now when I'm speedrunning for surveys I found that you can use only melee attack for most of the game and you should be fine.

Anyway, completing all 3 acts was one of better gaming experience I had in last few years. Great world, superb gameplay (if you play as it was intended) and intriguing story.