Is this bug there for other people or just me?

Dooleh_404

So I just finally played through this on my PS5 through PS plus extra (having played through the free ep. 1 years ago on my PS4 pro that didn't have any problems), and during every cutscene, that I'm guessing wasn't really "in-game", I had a horrible diagonal line (more like a staircase shape, or very pixelated/aliased line) stretching from bottom left of my TV to the top right, and the half of the screen below that line would flash black, very noticeable when a thunderstorm was happening in game, but the line was still there if there was no storm, in which case it sort of behaved like a v-sync tear, where the picture would be misaligned through that line.

btw the gameplay worked fine, even during the thunderstorm in ep. 5. I had a few slowly flickering textures during the game, and Max stopped moving her lips when she spoke in the diner during episode 5, but I 100% bet that was the game being buggy, because I know it has it's issues.

I just want some people who played this on their PS5 to let me know whether they have the diagonal line or not (even if you didn't have this bug, please leave a comment), because I can't find anything about this online. I played a bunch of other games recently and everything else is looking fine, including LIS before the storm that I started after I finished this game.

20 minutes ago, Dooleh_404 said:

So I just finally played through this on my PS5 through PS plus extra (having played through the free ep. 1 years ago on my PS4 pro that didn't have any problems), and during every cutscene, that I'm guessing wasn't really "in-game", I had a horrible diagonal line (more like a staircase shape, or very pixelated/aliased line) stretching from bottom left of my TV to the top right, and the half of the screen below that line would flash black, very noticeable when a thunderstorm was happening in game, but the line was still there if there was no storm, in which case it sort of behaved like a v-sync tear, where the picture would be misaligned through that line.

I had this exact same issue in cutscenes and exactly as you've described (diagonal pixelated staircase line). I didn't run into any other problems with the game but it was very distracting I must say.

It's kind of reassuring to see that this isn't an isolated incident as I thought there might be something wrong with my PS5 after not being able to find any information on it elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trancexistence said:

I had this exact same issue in cutscenes and exactly as you've described (diagonal pixelated staircase line). I didn't run into any other problems with the game but it was very distracting I must say.

It's kind of reassuring to see that this isn't an isolated incident as I thought there might be something wrong with my PS5 after not being able to find any information on it elsewhere.

Great to hear that, that means both our PS5s are doing A-OK. :)

I'm just surprised nobody on the internet made a post about it.

25 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This sounds like a backwards compatibility issue to me 1f914.png. Also, are you playing the original release or the remaster?

It's the original release that came with this months PS plus extra tier.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a PS5 issue with the PS4 version. Gameplay is fine but most pre rendered cutscenes have some terrible screen tearing - I only finished chapter 2 and this one was kinda okayish but chapter 1 was really, really bad towards the end. Definitely play this one on your PS4 if you still have it or the PS5 remaster. 

You can actually see it in pre game logos etc sometimes

Edited by the1andonly654
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/10/2023 at 4:39 AM, Hugo_11223 said:

Are you sure the problem is caused by bugs in the game, because as I said I played the original release on the ps5 and noticed nothing unusual during cutscenes?

I just ran through the ending cutscene again later than that and it still has this issue. How far were you in the game? IIRC this problem doesn't start until the end of the first episode. Do you have the physical or digital version?