Genuinely my favorite game of all time

willows_blessing

This remains one of the most unique and enjoyable games I've ever played. Can't say I've come across anything quite like it before, or since. Maybe the closest would be E.V.O.: Search for Eden, but that's kind of a stretch. Really hope it does get remastered/ported eventually, though I sadly don't have high hopes for that considering Japan Studio is dead, and I'm not sure Sony would be too interested in making this available on more modern consoles (maybe via streaming with PS+ though).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2023 at 5:36 AM, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

This remains one of the most unique and enjoyable games I've ever played. Can't say I've come across anything quite like it before, or since. Maybe the closest would be E.V.O.: Search for Eden, but that's kind of a stretch. Really hope it does get remastered/ported eventually, though I sadly don't have high hopes for that considering Japan Studio is dead, and I'm not sure Sony would be too interested in making this available on more modern consoles (maybe via streaming with PS+ though).

Actually it is available for streaming. You need PS Plus Premium for it though.

• Like 3

I find this to be a vapid experience with inconsistent "combat". I can't see to dodge enemies. And not the purple mouth dodge but their normal attacks. I did do the tutorial. There's no other button to use or mechanic. Do I just eat the attacks and mash the attack button?

And yea, this is available on PS Premium. Looks like most people overlook how large the premium catalogue is and poo poo the whole tier solely based on monthly additions.

Edited by RaidenXS
  • Like 2

On 12/03/2023 at 1:03 AM, AttilaThe13th said:

Actually it is available for streaming. You need PS Plus Premium for it though.

Ah, well that's good to hear at least, for those with PS Plus Premium anyway, lol. I personally have little interest in streaming or subscription/rental services when it comes to games though, so it doesn't mean much for me, but I still have my PS3 set up anyway so it's still accessible for me if I did ever want to return to it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Ah, well that's good to hear at least, for those with PS Plus Premium anyway, lol. I personally have little interest in streaming or subscription/rental services when it comes to games though, so it doesn't mean much for me, but I still have my PS3 set up anyway so it's still accessible for me if I did ever want to return to it.

Same here. Original hardware is always better and far more stable. I can see the benefits of streaming as well, I'm not totally against it, it's just not for me. If I can, I will always choose to play on actual hardware rather than streaming. About the subscription games part, I use the PS+ service anyways, so if it comes with some bonus games free of charge, it's just a bonus for me, but if it's about games I really want, I always get those physically as well.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I only just discovered the game today, I had probably heard about it before but it didn't catch my eye then. Managed to find a copy for €20 so it should arrive in the post soon (fingers crossed) Really looking forward to experiencing the game for myself.

• 7 months later...