Trophies popping all at once?!

Ancestral_Spirit

So my partner and I did the online multiplayer for this game a while back in fear of server closures.

We just started playing the co-op campaign today, and finished the first chapter.

My partner is player 2. His trophies popped as they should: Dude Bro, Chapter 1

However for me it just popped: Meatheads, Dude Bro, Chapter 1, Easy Going and Normal Guy.

We've not even touched the campaign single player or otherwise, so why does the game think I've finished the game TWICE when I've not even SEEN past chapter 1 let alone PLAYED IT!!!

I signed out the second I realised something seemed off, but have no idea if these fucked up trophies have synced. What the hell do I do?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NamoPh said:

Did either console have another account that had already finished the game?

Regardless, it would be interesting if it's reliably reproducible.

Nope, none of them.

The only data from the game I still had on the console was the install, it was sat on there since 2016, so around 7 years completely untouched.

Just reformatting right now.

One of my friends that we boosted the online with all those years ago, didn't have the same issue, nor did my partner, his popped fine after we did the 1st chapter together.

I'll be perfectly honest, I'm kinda hoping it isn't reproducible, at least for me.

I didn't find anyone else with the same issue, and even people I played with didn't. So I wouldn't blame others for not believing me and it would also mean a potential flag.

Additionally, the only reason we tried the campaign was because at first we were trying to play Dead Space 3 together.

Installed it on my PS3 no problem.

My partners, 3 beeps and red light.

His slim PS3, 3 beeps and red light and corrupted his hardrive.

Fuck it, we'll play Inversion instead. Then all this malarky happens with my trophies. ?‍?

All on THE SAME DAY during my holiday....

It's like a freakin sitcom!

Edited by Ancestral_Spirit
  • Like 1

On 26/01/2023 at 6:38 AM, Smashero said:

Rather blessing I would say ;) 
Let us know how it went second time, this is kinda interesting.

Right, so we've started up again and my trophies seem to be popping normally now thankfully.

I forgot to mention I was the host when my trophies were popping weirdly, but I'm also hosting this time so I dunno if that made any difference.

And while my trophies are popping as they should, I'm experiencing a very VERY large delay as opposed to my partner whom, again, has trophies popping normally and with virtually no delay at all.

Starting to wonder if the game just has a vendetta against me after I said how atrocious its dialogue and voice acting was. ?

• Like 1