Happy Town Alternative Method

Kazduin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28.1.2023 at 0:51 AM, Kazduin said:

Hey fellow trophy hunters! I have an alternative method I would like to share to help those stuck on this trophy like I was. This method is best for people who already have all the monuments unlocked in a developed city.

1. Move all monuments into a one street span. Make sure they are pretty close together and that essentials like sewage/water/cemetary will still have power and function.

2. Unzone your entire cuty until happiness reads zero for every catagory

3. Zone a little residential in that area with all the monuments. You DO NOT need to zone anything other than residential as the game doesn’t factor in 0% happiness.

5. Always reject the bail out!(If you accidentally accept it you will need to reload as the bailout disables trophies.) Yes it sucks needing to keep hitting circle to keep time moving but I just did other things while I waited.

If you did this correctly and patiently wait your residential happiness should easily be above 95% and stable and you will be guaranteed the trophy. I hope this helps someone who struggled like I did :)

Thank you! Much better! 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

damn that sucks ?. was almost one year in and it dropped down for like 1 day. hopefully it won't happen again. sometimes it spikes up to 96 but it will mostly stay at 95. For now this way of doing it seems to be the easiest way. so thanks a lot !

Edit: I found the problem after it happened again. some houses were to far away from the hospital monument. Therefore the body was in the house too long. deleted the houses and know it goes from 96 to 97 all the time. so for people who had the same problem as me, check if everything is close enough to the monuments!

Edited by Gerritjr28

No need to make this trophy any harder than it actually is people. Only residential happiness counts, play the game until you unlock the monument that increases happiness and just by having it (if your city isn't a nightmare to live in) you will reach the minimum. I got this trophy with 140k population and the happiness never dipped below 99%, and I never did anything fancy.

6 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

No need to make this trophy any harder than it actually is people. Only residential happiness counts, play the game until you unlock the monument that increases happiness and just by having it (if your city isn't a nightmare to live in) you will reach the minimum. I got this trophy with 140k population and the happiness never dipped below 99%, and I never did anything fancy.

That bolded part is not right - it's average happiness (the "happiness" that is tracked on the happiness graph,) which includes all zoned types...

...but you're right in that once you get that monument, residential will get so high, that it will likely offset any lower happiness for commercial (which is usually the problem one) and the trophy will happen organically. 

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I found this one easy to do by using eggshell shapes to build small pockets, 3 per roundabout with a connection to your main roadway. Each eggshell having 2 parks and every type of service (fire,clinic, schools etc). Use a bus route in either direction of the shell shape and a metro to connect each eggshell together. All roads having bike lanes. I tend to use pet and smoke bans as citizen health is more important to happiness. Add a farm and timber industry to keep your income stable enough to reduce taxes.

Should push you up to the 90+ mark. From there you just tinker with noise pollution mitigation and do everything you can to get your health and land values up (trees/water, pollution reduction, traffic effiecency etc).

Edited by VigilantCrow

11 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That bolded part is not right - it's average happiness (the "happiness" that is tracked on the happiness graph,) which includes all zoned types...

...but you're right in that once you get that monument, residential will get so high, that it will likely offset any lower happiness for commercial (which is usually the problem one) and the trophy will happen organically. 

Except that it doesn't, at least for me and a lot of people online. My residential happiness was staying at 99%, sure, but Industrial was at 79, commercial at 81, and Office was at like 70 (i only zoned a bit and it was basically across the entire map from residential so people weren't happy about getting there to work). So my combined happiness was way below 95%, plenty of people over at Trueachievements also say only residential is required. 

• 1 month later...
On 28.01.2023 at 2:51 AM, Kazduin said:

Hey fellow trophy hunters! I have an alternative method I would like to share to help those stuck on this trophy like I was. This method is best for people who already have all the monuments unlocked in a developed city.

1. Move all monuments into a one street span. Make sure they are pretty close together and that essentials like sewage/water/cemetary will still have power and function.

2. Unzone your entire cuty until happiness reads zero for every catagory

3. Zone a little residential in that area with all the monuments. You DO NOT need to zone anything other than residential as the game doesn’t factor in 0% happiness.

5. Always reject the bail out!(If you accidentally accept it you will need to reload as the bailout disables trophies.) Yes it sucks needing to keep hitting circle to keep time moving but I just did other things while I waited.

If you did this correctly and patiently wait your residential happiness should easily be above 95% and stable and you will be guaranteed the trophy. I hope this helps someone who struggled like I did :)

Works perfectly. Built about 5 low residential houses near the monuments and some buildings required for them, and the happiness have not fell less 98% though all 5 years