Private matches

RawrItsAndrew

• 11 months later...
On 1/15/2024 at 12:31 PM, baboon_overlord said:

Hi, I'm sorry that no-one replied to your question before.

I only started the game over the Christmas holidays and wanted to confirm a couple of things before replying to you, and also helping anyone else who wants to know the answers to your questions.

Firstly, in the game settings, you can change the matchmaking options. You can either choose "account" or "worldwide". In terms of game SKUs, I know that Australia has the same games/DLC as the EU region, but in terms of the BR servers, I don't know. Given your experience, it sounds like you are only being matched with people in your "account region" but that appears to be some arbitrary thing the devs decided on, not your PSN region.

If you set it to worldwide, then you should have no problems finding matches. This game isn't super populated but it is far from dead, and finding games, especially on Quick Match, will always find a busy lobby in my experience.

So to answer your questions:

Pretty much, yes! I got 70% of the trophies with just my alt on a second PS4 (which I got for Christmas).

I got these trophies:

This is For Fun
Taunt During a Match 100 times

Kleptomaniac
Played 20 Matches of Capture the Flag

Who Needs Friends?
Played 20 Matches of Deathmatch

No One Left Behind
Played 20 Matches of Kill Confirmed

Team Player
Played 20 Matches of Team Deathmatch

One Life to Live
Played 20 Matches of Search and Destroy

This is For Shooting
Purchase Ammo from the Depot 10 times

Big Winner
Earn 3500 CP in a single match)

Toasty
Kill 10 Hardsuits with the Flamethrower

Gunman Guru
Kill 50 enemies with the Gunman Hardsuit's Auto-Cannon

Biohazard
Played 20 Matches of Onslaught

Mechanized Soldier
Kill 50 enemies with the Hardsuit's Minigun

Field Agent
Reach Level 10

Welcome to Blacklight
Complete the Training Level

Damn, I look Good
Fully Customize your Agent

This is My Rifle
Fully Customize a primary weapon

This is My Gun
Fully Customize a secondary weapon

The only reason I hadn't replied to you yet was because I wanted to wait until I had done the session we finished tonight to see if you can unlock the Onslaught trophy in private - you can! This makes it trivially easy as you can give your team 3X health and also 3,000 starting CP. I know people say this can be self-boosted but it's fun with some other people so feel free to contact me if you want to get that done. This will give you:

To the Bitter End
Complete a Match of Onslaught

This trophy:

Reanimator
10 Revives used

I tried to boost last weekend with a friend and my alt in private and we weren't able to use revives. I was pretty sure that was because the teams were unbalanced. We tried it tonight 2 Vs 1 humans with one bot and we could do revives. Next weekend it should be 2 Vs 2 humans (my other friend wasn't able to join tonight so we did Onslaught and tested this with three people). I will confirm that next weekend for you.

I already had six revives just playing Team Deathmatch in public in a handful of games, so that's not a big deal. I think you can do revives in a private match with two+ bots but it's too chaotic due to the bot behaviour.

For the other trophies, you can just suicide ten times a day with you and your alt on Onslaught IN PUBLIC  for 10k XP. It may take a few weeks but it's minutes a day (this is how I self-boosted Assassin's Creed IV). Obviously if you get randoms in the lobby play properly, these people are trying to legit play the game (and it IS a very good game IMO). In your case, if no-one is playing, then you are quids in and can just go for gold. 🙂 If you have autofire turbo controllers, you can rig up the controllers with elastic bands to look down and throw grenades to kill yourself. The only problem with Onslaught mode is that you have to ready up each time, autofiring X won't help you (I need to confirm this also applies to public but I think it does).   

For the GP trophy, I'm already at 25k. I bought the double GP microtransaction (no issues there, this game is easily worth £8). If you have autofire turbo controllers, then you can just set up a game of Search and Destroy (I just need to double confirm this) and have your alt repeatedly suicide. I'm going to measure the GP amount gained in an hour and report back. 

I gained 15k GP (on the stats page, it was more overall) by just leaving the game AFKing all night. I set up a playlist for every game mode but not every game mode counts towards the GP needed for the trophy. 

Just bear in mind this game is buggy as hell and the servers aren't the best. It's STILL a good game, but what can happen is, even when AFKing when automating multiple buttons, you can still sometimes get kicked. The last thing I want to do is land in a real match [you have to autofire X to AFK and if you get kicked, you are going straight into a quick match] is annoy people who are trying to legit play the game.

Going forward I am only going to run the game AFK to get GP when I am around and can supervise it. I'm somewhat certain this game has some kind of "intelligent AFK monitoring" in that you can AFK for ages by, for example, simply just jumping and then for no reason at all, that will suddenly stop working.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

I would like to also say thanks to @NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR @Mori and @johncnstntn__ for the tips on this thread:

Absolute legend, thank you for the well written and detailed reply ❤️  

I appreciate your efforts in finding all this out it will help a lot !

Edited by RawrItsAndrew
  • Like 2

On 1/16/2024 at 1:27 PM, RawrItsAndrew said:

You are very welcome mate. I'm glad you found it useful.

I've been insanely busy this week and am trying to finish The Last of Us on PS3 but will test the things I mentioned and report back as I said.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 1:27 PM, RawrItsAndrew said:

Sorry for the delay in responding. I played today and can confirm the following things that I said I would check, above:

Yes, you have to ready up each time for Onslaught in Public matches as well as Private. The problem is that there's a countdown when everyone readies up, so even when the turbo controllers synch and both players are ready, the countdown prevents the game from starting immediately.

Search and Destroy matches in Private DO count for the GP in the stats. I was playing manually and would estimate that you get about 125 GP average every four minutes, so about 1,800 GP per hour. This will probably be less though, if you can successfully rig up the joypad to look down with a rubber band and automate R1 on the alt, this probably won't work 100% of the time as the grenades in this game bounce around all over the place. You can set the match time to 2 minutes and then I guess if you don't get a successful suicide, the game will end fairly quickly anyway. Reducing the amount of player health to the minimum will also help a lot; to overcome this problem.   

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2024 at 11:45 PM, TwoThirdsSoul said:

Another tip for quickly boosting the 20 wins for each match type in private matches using an alt:

If you select “Spectate Game” as soon as the match starts, your main account will immediately be credited with the win, meaning you don’t have to wait for the match timer to run down, or to complete the objectives. Each match now takes a couple of seconds, and the main waiting time is now the XP screens and the intermission. 

Excellent discovery, thanks for the extra information.

• Like 1