Has Anyone Read The Details In The Trophy "Farewell, Fateless One" For The Fatesworn DLC?

If not, the details are as follows: You freed Mithros from the reign of Telogrus and departed Amalur towards Icewall Peaks. This is a story related trophy and is earned by completing all of the Fatesworn DLC main missions. I'm curious if I'm the only one who suspects another DLC is (or might have been) in store for us at some point? Maybe at one point the developers were thinking about it, at the very least? I mean, why even mention a place called Icewall Peaks and leave off like that?

What's Icewall Peaks??? I don't recall this place ever being mentioned within the base game or any of the DLC's. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it (or perhaps I missed something somewhere) but I don't know, I just find it odd that the details are specific to a particular place that was never even mentioned before. To me it just reads like they are/were setting it up for future DLC. I'd prefer they just make a new Amalur game entirely but if this is the direction they plan to head in than fuck it, I'm down for it. 

I remember thinking the same thing when I completed the game and DLC's. I'm in the boat where it might be their way of trying to start the 2nd game from scratch as you left most, if not all, your companions in Amalur. If the protagonist crosses a "wall" into new lands that just gives me more of a reason to believe the second game would have/will take place in an entirely new realm with a new cast of characters.

4 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I remember thinking the same thing when I completed the game and DLC's. I'm in the boat where it might be their way of trying to start the 2nd game from scratch as you left most, if not all, your companions in Amalur. If the protagonist crosses a "wall" into new lands that just gives me more of a reason to believe the second game would have/will take place in an entirely new realm with a new cast of characters.

Okay good so I wasn't the only one thinking this. If they are setting it up for something I hope it's a new game and not more DLC. I have all 3 platinums for this game so I kind of just want to move on at this point, know what I mean? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mellenthin said:

Of course you're not the only one noticing that.

Yeah, well, I couldn't find a single shred of info or conversation on it anywhere no matter where I looked so I figured I'd ask. 

whoring all 3 games 

Whoring? This is one of my favorite games of all time. Three stacks for a game I really like? Sign me up! If that makes it "whoring" than yup, fuck it, sure thing, bud.  ? 

burning yourself out

Who said anything about burning myself out? I'm not burned out with it at all but I was just saying, man, that after obtaining the platinum for this game 3 times I just want to move on to something different in the world of Amalur. But I don't care, if this game had 5 more stacks I'd go after those too. I am a "whore" after all, remember? 

Dude, if your sole means was to be an asshole and try to antagonize me than post elsewhere, not here. Saying that you think others have noticed too: awesome, I respect that. But that should've been the end of it. All that other hot shit you spewed afterward was just unnecessary.

• Like 1

I wrote what I did because I interpreted your post as a complaint rather than mere wishful thinking.

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Okay no worries. I was just wondering why I asked a simple question and got shit for it. Thanks for clearing things up.

22 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Okay no worries. I was just wondering why I asked a simple question and got shit for it. Thanks for clearing things up.

You're welcome, and I appreciate you staying cool.? I do realize I have a bad temper and sometimes I act rashly which I almost always regret afterwards, like now.?

That said, I would also prefer a new game, on the PS5 if possible. Loading times on the PS4 in games like KoA really gets to me nowadays, and I would have bought a PS5 much sooner if there just wasn't so few games of interest to me.

So here's to hoping they have a sequel coming.?

2 hours ago, Mellenthin said:

You're welcome, and I appreciate you staying cool.1f642.png I do realize I have a bad temper and sometimes I act rashly which I almost always regret afterwards, like now.1f605.png

That said, I would also prefer a new game, on the PS5 if possible. Loading times on the PS4 in games like KoA really gets to me nowadays, and I would have bought a PS5 much sooner if there just wasn't so few games of interest to me.

So here's to hoping they have a sequel coming.1f642.png   

I have the best SSD money can buy in my PS4 and the load times for Amalur are still quite slow. Surely this is something that could've been addressed prior to releasing Re-Reckoning? But yeah amigo, I get you, load times annoy me too, especially in games like this. Was it this bad on the PS3 as well? It's been so long since I played that version that I completely forget. 

As for the PS5, I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to get one eventually. I'm also biding my time, waiting to see if they're going to pull some old "Pro" bullshit like they did with the PS4. If I'm going to drop all that money on a system in the first place I might as well just get the best system they have to offer. I'll even buy the PSVR2 if it's worth it (I'll wait to see what the masses think first before I jump on board). Playing in VR is AWESOME but there's so many thing about the current PSVR that hold it back.

If they do drop another Amalur (I don't know, I'm actually skeptical that they ever will) I really hope they make improvements, especially to that atrocious camera most of all. In and out of combat it's just awful! It's one of the few negatives I've always had about this game.

Off topic but do you guys know if the Fate Edition of the game also includes the DLC? It doesn't specifically say in the description,  I want to pick up the game but I want to enjoy the full story, I got  platinum on this game in my very first account back when it was initially released, such a great game.

39 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Off topic but do you guys know if the Fate Edition of the game also includes the DLC? It doesn't specifically say in the description,  I want to pick up the game but I want to enjoy the full story, I got  platinum on this game in my very first account back when it was initially released, such a great game.

Hey bud. Not only does it include the Fatesworn DLC but the soundtrack as well.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/kingdoms-of-amalur-re-reckoning--fate-edition

2 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Hey bud. Not only does it include the Fatesworn DLC but the soundtrack as well.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/kingdoms-of-amalur-re-reckoning--fate-edition

Thanks for replying, in my mother tongue the description felt really ambiguous so I wasn't sure, and that's a sweet deal if I ever saw one gonna grab it when it's on sale, thanks mate.

13 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Thanks for replying, in my mother tongue the description felt really ambiguous so I wasn't sure, and that's a sweet deal if I ever saw one gonna grab it when it's on sale, thanks mate.

You are very welcome Sir Burrito of the Sunshine! 

19 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I have the best SSD money can buy in my PS4 and the load times for Amalur are still quite slow. Surely this is something that could've been addressed prior to releasing Re-Reckoning? But yeah amigo, I get you, load times annoy me too, especially in games like this. Was it this bad on the PS3 as well? It's been so long since I played that version that I completely forget. 

As for the PS5, I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to get one eventually. I'm also biding my time, waiting to see if they're going to pull some old "Pro" bullshit like they did with the PS4. If I'm going to drop all that money on a system in the first place I might as well just get the best system they have to offer. I'll even buy the PSVR2 if it's worth it (I'll wait to see what the masses think first before I jump on board). Playing in VR is AWESOME but there's so many thing about the current PSVR that hold it back.

If they do drop another Amalur (I don't know, I'm actually skeptical that they ever will) I really hope they make improvements, especially to that atrocious camera most of all. In and out of combat it's just awful! It's one of the few negatives I've always had about this game.

I've thought of getting a SSD for quite some time, but for a regular PS4, I think I'll just get a PS5 instead since I've waited this long already.

Given that Sony offered the PS4 slim close to 3 full years after the original PS4, if we're lucky we might see a new PS5 version this year.

About a KoA sequel, the likelihood for one is probably much higher than you might think. Not until recently, I didn't know how big the Embracer Group actually is, but when it dawned upon me, as long as people show enough interest in anything they put out, a sequel for that specific game isn't that farfetched in my opinion.

After all, they for example acquired Sabre Interactive a few years back for some $525 million, which currently is making a sequel to Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, a decade old game.

Point being, they have all the resources they need; as long as they see the potential for profit, chances are good we'll eventually see a game, Kingdoms of Amalur 2 included.?

Edited by Mellenthin

5 hours ago, Mellenthin said:

I've thought of getting a SSD for quite some time, but for a regular PS4, I think I'll just get a PS5 instead since I've waited this long already.

Given that Sony offered the PS4 slim close to 3 full years after the original PS4, if we're lucky we might see a new PS5 version this year.

About a KoA sequel, the likelihood for one is probably much higher than you might think. Not until recently, I didn't know how big the Embracer Group actually is, but when it dawned upon me, as long as people show enough interest in anything they put out, a sequel for that specific game isn't that farfetched in my opinion.

After all, they for example acquired Sabre Interactive a few years back for some $525 million, which currently is making a sequel to Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, a decade old game.

Point being, they have all the resources they need; as long as they see the potential for profit, chances are good we'll eventually see a game, Kingdoms of Amalur 2 included.1f609.png

Yup, keyword: profit. This gaming industry doesn't seem to give a shit about anything else. 

29 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Yup, keyword: profit. This gaming industry doesn't seem to give a shit about anything else. 

Haha, now you're almost as negative sounding as I am.? In this case, I believe it's a positive thing.

While the Embracer Group might be keen on buying up cheap assets like there's no tomorrow - as when THQ went under and they picked it up cheaply - at the end of the day it's ultimately a company that needs to make profit - no corporate shilling involved, I promise.?

Without them, I'm quite positive that there wouldn't be a Space Marine 2 in my lifetime - only my undying faith in the Emperor kept me from despairing, and guess what, it payed off.?

From the looks of it so far, it could really be something else. As such, I think the odds are in favor for a Kingdoms of Amalur follow-up, eventually.

Just a suggestion: if you really like KoA so much, why not write them and tell them your ideas and what you'd like to see? I never do that personally, but I'm also aware that there are many who do and for that I'm grateful.

Of all games available to date, who knows which of them that wouldn't if not for the community input.?