Chat enabled?

BMJ2K7

It seems that if you play with others, no one either has this enabled or has a mic. So what do you guys prefer? I prefer to be able to talk or strategize with others, and it's not this was a tacked on feature either. This was going to be in Demon's Souls, but they wanted to make you feel more alone, and scrapped it. There was a very large base of the 1st two games, were voice chat was one of the most sought after additions that players wanted, yet now that its here no one seems to use it besides myself. This seems like the Xbox 360, they brag and brag they have it, yet 90% never even use it, or have used it. We asked for this, and got it, yet its not seeing any real use.

So what are your reasons for wanting/disliking this new feature?

Side not: Damn I miss the kick, this new backhand is slow and not as effective.

Edited by BMJ2K7

The game doesn't has voice chat. That was just a rumor that started because of the whisper ring. The description says it allows you to hear voices, but what is does is let you hear the voice of a monstrous NPC, much like a certain ring allowed you to hear Quelaan's words in DaS1.

I haven't really tried it with chat and I don't think Dark Souls needs it anyway. Plus most of the time I'm too busy concentrating on staying alive to have a chat :P

The game doesn't has voice chat. That was just a rumor that started because of the whisper ring. The description says it allows you to hear voices, but what is does is let you hear the voice of a monstrous NPC, much like a certain ring allowed you to hear Quelaan's words in DaS1.

You can enable voice chat in the Game Options ;)

Edited by Chambers35