How are you all approaching this first playthrough of the game?

mike_87

Absolutely love Yakuza, platted them all and all spin offs except this one of course and Dead souls.  I was reading Powerpyx's guide and I see he advises to grind the chicken racing quite early on around chapter 3, something that seems quite alot of hassle given how in depth the racing is...and with past Yakuza games ive typically always gone grind heavy in premium adventure.  For now im enjoying the story at a steady pace, done a few substories ive came across, prayed at some shrines and checked a few pots etc.  Not worrying about equipment or armor too much, as it seems to come naturally like i was progressing through either story or a substory and i was eventually given better weapons.  Just interested in how others are playing this game.  This is another ive never played till now because obviously it was originally only available in japan.

Edited by mike_87

Chicken races isn't really in-depth, you can ignore the majority of the info presented in the minigame. I tried to convey that in my explanation but you have to actually look at the mode itself to really see what I mean. 

The recommendation to grind chicken races is just if you want to have enough money to not worry about it at all during the story/want the Golden Gun immediately.

Edited by Gage

16 hours ago, Gage said:

Chicken races isn't really in-depth, you can ignore the majority of the info presented in the minigame. I tried to convey that in my explanation but you have to actually look at the mode itself to really see what I mean. 

The recommendation to grind chicken races is just if you want to have enough money to not worry about it at all during the story/want the Golden Gun immediately.

I've read your strategy and was wondering how long would it take to reach the golden gun. Just so I can prepare myself mentally grinding when I reach ch3 :P 

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

I've read your strategy and was wondering how long would it take to reach the golden gun. Just so I can prepare myself mentally grinding when I reach ch3 :P 

Like a couple hours max. It doesn't take very long once you understand the general method. 

37 minutes ago, hybridhero102 said:

Anyone know the best grinding spot for xp? I read the original Ishin guide and it suggested the battle dungeon but even that feels like it will take forever

It's still the same, though you don't really need to specifically grind XP when you're going to be replaying the final dungeon so many times for money and materials. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 11:43 AM, Gage said:

Like a couple hours max. It doesn't take very long once you understand the general method. 

It's still the same, though you don't really need to specifically grind XP when you're going to be replaying the final dungeon so many times for money and materials. 

I've read through the guide for the chicken races and am I wrong in understanding that you would need 69 ryo to get the 6900 tags to do your method? Seems like a lot but maybe I'm misunderstanding. (Granted I'm in Ch. 6 and did not save all my money up until Ch.3 to do this so maybe that's how much you have after 3 chapters)

7 hours ago, slicknick3822 said:

I've read through the guide for the chicken races and am I wrong in understanding that you would need 69 ryo to get the 6900 tags to do your method? Seems like a lot but maybe I'm misunderstanding. (Granted I'm in Ch. 6 and did not save all my money up until Ch.3 to do this so maybe that's how much you have after 3 chapters)

You don't need that much to start, 6900 tags is just the amount you need to bet the spread for two Chickens as I recommend for the actual grinding. Starting out you only need about 900 (so 10 ryo for 1000) then you just do basically the same method but only betting on Quinella and Double Exacta for the two chickens in first and second. 

• Like 1