Elizabeth/Margeret on beginner?

ShadowWalsh

In Elizabeth/Theodore case, yes they do, they will literally keep spamming it because technically since you revive, their turns starts all over again so they just keep doing 9999 damage until you give up. Margaret doesn't spam it from what I remember, she isn't stuck into a set pattern like Elizabeth is so she might end up doing another move instead of Megidolaon. 

I can confirm Margaret does the same thing on Beginner Mode. If you’re not dealing enough damage each phase and she summons her Pixie for her ultimate Megidolaon, you’ll then be met with an endless cycle of revival followed by another ultimate Megidolaon immediately, every single time you get back up.

UPDATE:

I just beat Margaret a few minutes ago. I’m including the video I followed for the most part below, as it helped me keep track of my buffs and when her phases change.

My entire team was at max level so they all had 999HP/999SP. Doing that made it a little easier than in the video I think.

Edited by SmileSlice
Added information.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Damn, i was hoping beginner would make these fights easy. I don't particularly care about the combat in these games but leaving something two trophies short of a platinum for a game i love is frustrating. Also, forgive me if im mistaken, but the beginner difficulty was added in on this version which is why you can't find information on it despite being an old game.

• 3 months later...

the fight is pretty easy if you follow its rules. its one of those fights where if you know whats happening and prepare exactly for it then there isnt much of a challenge. Really figuring out the rules of the fight is the challenge. I hate fights like this though because theres no room for really doing much different, you either play the fight exactly how the developers want you to or you die. Margaret isnt as bad though

Edited by Billzerk

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, this is not going to be fun, but then again, I did manage to clear the Hall of Rememberance fights for the catsuit for Serena in Dragon Quest XI S, and the third one is no joke, two back-to-back fights with no healing in between. If I can take that out, I can take these girls out.

I just need to stay sick for a while longer. :(