How does The Long Dark run on PS5?

xBenlander

I play all the time, one of my favourite all time games....currently its so so.. it can be glitchy at times... whatever they did last update introduced some problems, if you save when you can it's not so bad, time lost will be negligible

ALSO FYI... if you start...there is a new update coming in March that changes the way the game operates....so you WILL LOSE ANY SAVES YOU MAKE before then./.. sad really, I'm going to lose a few saves including one over 1,100 days

Edited by craig_obviously
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

I play all the time, one of my favourite all time games....currently its so so.. it can be glitchy at times... whatever they did last update introduced some problems, if you save when you can it's not so bad, time lost will be negligible

ALSO FYI... if you start...there is a new update coming in March that changes the way the game operates....so you WILL LOSE ANY SAVES YOU MAKE before then./.. sad really, I'm going to lose a few saves including one over 1,100 days

You'll lose your saves? That's crazy. I guess it doesn't make any sense to start playing now then. What is the update they will introduce? Do you have a link where I can read up on all of this? 

They're revamping the save system to make it future proof but the overhaul, means any old save files will be rendered incompatible and unusable once the patch arrives save file wipe, though this only affects Survival mode, story mode is fine, plus they're releasing some DLC and introducing a Season Pass: https://hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/42235-announcing-tales-from-the-far-territory/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

They're revamping the save system to make it future proof but the save file wipe, only affects Survival mode, story mode is fine, plus they're releasing some DLC and introducing a Season Pass: https://hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/42235-announcing-tales-from-the-far-territory/

Oh cool... I'll start with story stuff first then. Thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeyaBen said:

Oh cool... I'll start with story stuff first then. Thank you!

Lol I’m in the same boat. I just started playing this game as well, and found out about the update shortly after. *doh!*

The story is still great and teaches you some survival basics, and you can still work on stuff like challenges and misc trophies in the mean time. But it’s probably best to not dive deep into the survival trophies until mid-March when the overhaul happens. I’ve decided I’m going to wait because I just don’t think I’ll come close to finishing before then.

• Like 1