Xbox's Marc Whitten Leaves Microsoft

IntenseFATE98

Xbox corporate vice president Marc Whitten has left Microsoft. After 14 years, "the Xbox team is sad to share today that Marc Whitten, Chief Product Officer of Xbox, will be leaving the team to become Chief Product Officer of Sonos."

In a statement on Xbox Wire, Whitten said, “I have had the extreme pleasure over the last 14 years to work on the greatest product with the greatest team and for the greatest community. Xbox is so special because of the amazing team I’ve had the opportunity to work with and because our fans are the most incredible fans on the planet. It has been the highlight of my career to work on a product so loved. It’s incredibly tough to leave but I am confident the best days are ahead for Xbox fans, in the capable hands of a very talented team.”

Whitten's team will report to Terry Myerson, "executive vice president that oversees the teams building the software platform and experiences for Windows, Windows Phone and Xbox."

At the Game Developers Conference this week, Marc Whitten was scheduled to host an Xbox One-centric "fireside chat," which has since been handed to Microsoft Game Studios VP Phil Spencer. Whitten's last day at Microsoft will be March 21.

You can see more from on IGN this Friday, March 21. Recently, Microsoft saw both Don Mattrick and Steve Ballmer depart the company.

We've contacted Microsoft for additional information about Whitten's departure.

Source : IGN

Opinions? Im a bit confused since a lot of big names have been leaving their companies lately.

Edited by Sheldon Cooper
  • Like 1