Multiplatinum post-patch

Arcesius

Hello everyone, 

I know the game isn't too popular on consoles (well, not sure it counts as popular on Steam, either..), and info is quite hard to come by. 

I am currently in the process of leveling up to lv. 50 and grinding for gear to tackle Multiplatinum, and wanted to know what damage rolls are possible in the current build. From the information I found, it seems like

• On launch, you could find "broken" weapons with ridiculous damage output int he 3x300 range. 
  • The devs then released the "Summer update" in August 2022, and removed those high rolls from the game, making "Multiplatinum" pretty much impossible. 
  • In September, another update was released tweaking Lethal difficulty, reducing the health of enemies, the number of enemies overall, etc... 

Now, I assume that those patches made their way to the console versions as well... And before I spend too much time trying to farm weapons with damage stats that are not possible to roll, I wanted to ask the following: 

What is the maximum possible "damage per beat" roll on a regular ranged weapon in the current version of the game?

There are only two people that got "Multiplatinum" having started the game after September 2022... @Debind & @osora0409. Sorry for tagging you, but any info is appreciated, the Discord is unfortunately pretty dead.. 

Edited by Arcesius

I don’t think there is a weapon that makes it possible except a solid legendary bow with Lydia. Grind for a bow and make sure you have reflective armour, as long as you dash on the beat, you’re basically invincible to projectiles.

example vid below, I’m about 40 stages done with 100+ to go, the grind is fucking insane. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

I don’t think there is a weapon that makes it possible except a solid legendary bow with Lydia. Grind for a bow and make sure you have reflective armour, as long as you dash on the beat, you’re basically invincible to projectiles.

example vid below, I’m about 40 stages done with 100+ to go, the grind is fucking insane. 1f602.png

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, it looks quite chaotic ? Do you remember where you grinded out the Legendary gear? The drop rates are absolutely ridiculous... 

In any case, I saw in the other thread that you were already playing the game in June 2022... You didn't notice any changes to Lethal difficulty since then? 

Hey, you are almost 2/3 of the way through! ? I'm not in a hurry to finish the game either, it's just plain stupid that they removed the "broken" weapons as a "bugfix"... The devs can't even get platinum medals themselves (their own statement on Discord), yet they use the argument that within 3 weeks of release people were already getting "Multiplatinum" as an argument to "fix" those damage numbers. Without thinking about PC players being able to use custom songs (can just use long songs to give yourself more time), which is not possible on console. 

• Like 1

I did my grinding on the final beach stage because it gave the most experience, and I was concentrating on reaching max level first. For legendaries though, any stage is fine, also make sure to check in the shop between levels, I see legendaries there fairly often.

Honestly I've noticed no difference with the patch regarding lethal difficulty, enemies are still bullet sponges and I'm still forced to use the bow for solid damage. Agree with you on the Devs, at least play test the thing to make sure it's doable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

I did my grinding on the final beach stage because it gave the most experience, and I was concentrating on reaching max level first. For legendaries though, any stage is fine, also make sure to check in the shop between levels, I see legendaries there fairly often.

Do you mind posting a shot of your gear? :) Just to have an idea which stats / which perks are working for you. 

12 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Honestly I've noticed no difference with the patch regarding lethal difficulty, enemies are still bullet sponges and I'm still forced to use the bow for solid damage. Agree with you on the Devs, at least play test the thing to make sure it's doable.

It makes sense now as well, I got an answer on Discord. 

On PC and consoles, the OP weapons were removed. The devs then later released a patch on PC that tweaked Lethal difficulty since players were complaining the only way to complete Lethal before a song loops was to rely on Lydia's bow... They lowered enemy numbers and enemy health, and on that version it is now indeed possible to get platinum on Lethal even without those 3x300 damage weapons. 

That patch was supposed to come to consoles as well as a winter-update, but that one hasn't dropped yet. The devs are also not really active on Discord, I got the info from some other player, so it is unclear whether the update is still coming or not (unlikely...). 

I will write here as soon as I hear anything with regards to that update. Until then, we are indeed stuck with Lydia... ?

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Do all the trophies work on version 1.00 of the game? 

I think so but you can't downgrade digital PS5 games.

Also, they didn't remove the weapons with the patch, they just made such high rolls impossible on new drops. If you found an OP weapon pre-patch you can still use it post-patch. So, hypothetically, there is no need to play on 1.00 anyways, there is no advantage to it once you have a strong weapon.

Edited by Arcesius

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

I think so but you can't downgrade digital PS5 games.

Also, they didn't remove the weapons with the patch, they just made such high rolls impossible on new drops. If you found an OP weapon pre-patch you can still use it post-patch. So, hypothetically, there is no need to play on 1.00 anyways, there is no advantage to it once you have a strong weapon.

Thanks :)  I'll prob start on 1.00 (PS4) then update later :)

On 03/03/2023 at 0:38 AM, Arcesius said:

Do you mind posting a shot of your gear? :) Just to have an idea which stats / which perks are working for you. 

For overdrive, find one that gives you invulnerability during the animation.

For the bow, piercing with 3 arrows spread is a must IMO.

For armour, just make sure it's legendary and reflective so you can dash an unlimited number of times and reflect projectiles.

Excuse the poverty mobile pics.

PXL-20230303-054923121.jpg

PXL-20230303-054919278.jpg

PXL-20230303-054915798.jpg

Edited by Kcrack_Km
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Kcrack_Km Hopefully one last question... I am now working on Multiplatinum with Lydia.. and just reached 1-4, where you are forced to use another Character... Did you manage to get platinum on that one as well, and how did you do it? I can't finish the stage before the song loops (or without taking damage but that's a question of keeping at it...).

Thanks in advance! 

29 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

@Kcrack_Km Hopefully one last question... I am now working on Multiplatinum with Lydia.. and just reached 1-4, where you are forced to use another Character... Did you manage to get platinum on that one as well, and how did you do it? I can't finish the stage before the song loops (or without taking damage but that's a question of keeping at it...).

Thanks in advance! 

I'm 99% sure they don't, which is good because they're literally impossible. You can pick your level through free play mode rather than cycling the world map btw. Just take note the extra DLC songs don't count for multiplatinum (it tells you if they're DLC or not).

Keep me updated on your progress, maybe you'll inspire me to get back on the grind. ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

I'm 99% sure they don't, which is good because they're literally impossible. You can pick your level through free play mode rather than cycling the world map btw. Just take note the extra DLC songs don't count for multiplatinum (it tells you if they're DLC or not).

Keep me updated on your progress, maybe you'll inspire me to get back on the grind. 1f604.png

I see! That's good to know, thanks!

Choosing free play also results in different layouts than world map if I am not mistaken, so could hope that some tough levels become easier through free play.. will test that tomorrow ?

Will keep you posted, but my plan is to take it slow ? I finished 1-6 so just getting started! (And hooefully a good bow drops soon... I'm still using a lv 40 one without piercing..)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Soooo... 1-4 is the song "Serenade Temple" by "Jens Kiilstofte".. and I can't find that one through Free Play :( So it seems like you have to complete that one with Melody, and that will also be the case in the other worlds for the levels where you unlock each of the character's ultimate weapon... 

Or am I missing something?

EDIT: I counted and there are 140 non-DLC songs in Free Play. For Multiplatinum, 142 songs are required. I guess you can get #141 by playing the level where you unlock Lydia's Bow, but that still means getting Platinum on one other remaining level... 

I'll try to see what's doable 

EDIT 2: Ah, the Boss fights are probably missing!! :D That's 142! 

Edited by Arcesius

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 11:34 PM, Kcrack_Km said:

Keep me updated on your progress, maybe you'll inspire me to get back on the grind. 1f604.png

I quote you for the update you asked for ?

So, I have been slowly grinding the songs and am now a bit over halfway done. I completed the first 5/10 worlds, which puts me at 74/142 platinum medals. Most of the songs, especially in the first three worlds, were relatively easy... Volcano however was a big step up in difficulty. Not only are the hazards much more difficult to deal with (consant meteor rain...) and the songs generally faster, but there are also quite a few songs will either have a tempo change mid-level, the metronome will go off-sync for a while, or - what I find the "funniest" - there is one song where the guitar plays a section in Triplets, and for whatever reason the metronome plays a couple of beats in Triplets as well instead of keeping the original tempo... Like, what?? ? How can you get the metronome wrong IN A RHYTHM GAME... 

All of that combined made some songs in Volcano really frustrating to complete. Cityscape was easier in comparison, but there are some songs with some inconsistent sections as well (gap crossings with pulsating laser beams... they can go off-sync as well, because of course they can), and two really long songs that were a bit frustrating to complete. 

I'll leave my recordings of the first five worlds here: 

I'm curious how much more difficult the second half will be... I imagine Jungle could be problematic due to the meteors and spikes, and Peaks will probably be a pain in the ass... We'll see ? As long as the metronome stays on-beat... 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Arcesius Hi! Thanks for your post here I used them as a guide. Sorry to tag you but I badly need help. I just need 1 more song and like you said the final boss is a total BS on Lethal so I tried the Minuet Temple but I've been trying for hours and idk what I'm doing wrong. It's just waaay too hard man. Do you remember any tips or tricks you did? 

5 hours ago, Donisharko said:

@Arcesius Hi! Thanks for your post here I used them as a guide. Sorry to tag you but I badly need help. I just need 1 more song and like you said the final boss is a total BS on Lethal so I tried the Minuet Temple but I've been trying for hours and idk what I'm doing wrong. It's just waaay too hard man. Do you remember any tips or tricks you did? 

Hey! 

The level seems daunting cause it has a lot of enemies, but with reflective armor it isn't too bad. I assume you are having trouble with the "second part"..? I found that immediately going to the outer "ring" of the level helped a lot, especially since there will be waves of enemies in the center that have no ranged weapons, and can thus not reach you.

I had indeed recorded my clear but hadn't uploaded it... Here it is, hope it helps! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Hey! 

The level seems daunting cause it has a lot of enemies, but with reflective armor it isn't too bad. I assume you are having trouble with the "second part"..? I found that immediately going to the outer "ring" of the level helped a lot, especially since there will be waves of enemies in the center that have no ranged weapons, and can thus not reach you.

Thank you! You're such a life saver. 

Last question: Where did you grind the 100,000 Discordians kills? I'm doing the 1-10 as it gives about 259 kills but I need more 30k kills. I just want to be done with the game lol. 

19 minutes ago, Donisharko said:

Thank you! You're such a life saver. 

Last question: Where did you grind the 100,000 Discordians kills? I'm doing the 1-10 as it gives about 259 kills but I need more 30k kills. I just want to be done with the game lol. 

No worries :)

The fastest way to farm kills - at least what I found after experimenting a bit - is to kill the first wave of enemies in 5-10 and then immediately resetting the stage. This first wave only has weak Discordians, and you can kill all ~82 of them and reload the stage in roughly 30 seconds... It's boring, but it's decently fast :) I also had roughly 30k kills to go once I was done with everything else. 

You got this! 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1