Any fix?

Stargazer2600

So I was deleting old games off my system and found that the playroom is corrupted. It won'tet me delete it and I can't reinstall it without deleting it. I don't play the playroom so I haven't in a folder so i don't have to see it. I did some looking online and someone said that if I just leave it, it will get worse and effect the performance of other games and the operation of the system itself. Does anyone know a fix or anything? I can't afford a new system and I'll be very p***** off of my system bricks because of a damn game Sony won't let me delete.

I don't see how one game's data being corrupted would by itself affect another game's data. Seems like the hard drive is failing, so at worst you're looking at buying a new drive. You can either leave it and just backup your saves often in case the drive goes completely dead, try a factory reset which would delete everything and if the drive is faulty, I'm not sure if it would actually "reinstall" properly, which could force you to buy a new hdd/ssd in order to even use your console. 

Personally, I'd just leave it alone and watch for any other hard drive related issues, and if they occur, then buy a new drive. 

What is the system telling you exactly about the Playroom being corrupted?

AFAIK, it's never been possible to delete the Playroom from a PS4, period, and I'm unsure how it could corrupt itself. Generally, if a game's installation data is corrupted in some way, it'd usually be deleted during a database rebuild, so you could try that I suppose...? But as aforementioned, I believe the system treats it as an uninstallable app so I doubt it'd do anything.

1 hour ago, the1andonly654 said:

I don't see how one game's data being corrupted would by itself affect another game's data. Seems like the hard drive is failing, so at worst you're looking at buying a new drive. You can either leave it and just backup your saves often in case the drive goes completely dead, try a factory reset which would delete everything and if the drive is faulty, I'm not sure if it would actually "reinstall" properly, which could force you to buy a new hdd/ssd in order to even use your console. 

Personally, I'd just leave it alone and watch for any other hard drive related issues, and if they occur, then buy a new drive. 

What are some other things in should be looking for when it comes to hardrive issues

7 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

What are some other things in should be looking for when it comes to hardrive issues

Longer than usual load times or freezes during loading screens or streaming assets during gameplay, other data becoming corrupted, problems during installation of new games, etc. Anything related to reading and writing data. Look out for noises too, like weird clicking or ticking coming out of the hard drive area.