KenjiCBZ - My <1% Trophies

KenjiCBZ

L8645cd.png

8Lc7a9e3.png

Ape Escape

Net Master (0.99% - Ultra Rare)

Pulled off a 40 Combo.

All right, let's kick it off with this Trophy before it's too late since, as you can see, it just barely falls into the category of sub 1% Trophies :lol: It has 75 achievers (With me being the 75th) out of 7608 owners, which means that just one more achiever out of them is enough to make this Trophy get a 1% rarity. :lol:

First of all, a clarification: despite sharing the name, this game is not the Ps1 Ape Escape game that got ported to Ps4 and Ps5 through Ps+. It is, instead, a Ps3 game that can only be played by using the Ps Move Controller and the Ps Eye Camera. It is also one of the games I am playing at the moment, and I am enjoying it: I will post a full review of it in the newest 100% thread when, hopefully, I will clean up the list and get the last few Trophies I need, whose rarity is also sub 1% and so will be covered here. :)

Talking about this Trophy, you need to pull off a 40 Combo: a combo is performed by capturing monkeys without getting hit, either by monkeys themselves or other enemies, such as robots.

There are two ways of capturing monkeys:

1) You need to wait until a monkey comes close enough to you, and to move your Ps Move controller in front of you, simulating the movement of the net;

2) You can use a gadget called Vacuum, that sucks almost all the monkeys in the area all together, for some seconds: you start every level with a vacuum by default, and there are 1 or 2 more available during the level for you to take, by hitting them with the sling.

The game has 15 levels: in the earliest levels, monkeys almost never attack and are very slow, and so are enemies, making combos easy to perform; however, there are less than 40 monkeys in these levels, forcing you to try get this Trophy in the later, and harder levels.

While going for the other Trophies of this game (The ones I don't have yet, and that are harder) and making progress through them, I tried on some occasions to pull off a 40 Combo, but I never succeded: no matter what, I would eventually be hit out of nowhere, either by a monkey jumping very fast, enemies attacking me all at once or a combination of them. In my best attempt, at some point, I did manage a 36 Combo, but unfortunately the level ended there and I ran out of monkeys. At that point, I actually thought I would have eventually completed the game, got every other harder Trophy, but not this one, and that I would have later gone crazy trying to get it.

However, in the end I earned it earlier than I thought: three days ago, I was trying to get a Gold Medal in one of the hardest levels of the game, and it took me around 5 hours before I earned it. Around mid way during the process, I just randomly got the 40 Combo required for the Trophy while trying to get a score high enough for the Gold Medal: I remember I just randomly noticed my combo score was at 41, and said to myself: "Oh... Nice. :lol: " The Trophy popped, and I kept my combo going for a while, until it was interrupted, I don't remember when.

Next Trophy covered should be earned next time I play the game, I guess during the weekend. :)

• Like 2

L4a4ac5.png

53Lf71205.png

Brawlhalla

High Stakes Hot Potato (0.99% - Ultra Rare)

Catch 15 Bouncy Bombs in a row in Catch Bombs Training without frame-stepping.

Change of plans. I just noticed how this Trophy has the same rarity of the above one, therefore, let's get this out of the way too, before it's too late and falls out of the category.

This Trophy is the rarest out of the ones added with the second DLC Pack of Brawlhalla, and the second rarest in the whole Trophy list: reason being that this Trophy is skill based, just like the rarest of the entire game.

In Catch Bombs Training, you are tasked, as the name suggests, to catch bombs, coming from various directions, and you need to catch 15 in a row to get the Trophy: progress resets if you miss a bomb, you get hit by it, or you use frame-stepping... Which I actually had absolutely zero idea what it was until now, that I checked the Trophy guide: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/15892-brawlhalla-expansion-set-2-dlc-trophy-guide#6-high-stakes-hot-potato

The guide includes a video of a successful run: while it makes the Trophy look easy, it really isn't. You are required to have great precision, expecially with the bombs that have to be caught in the air, as just 0,1 seconds too early or too late may be crucial. It took me around 30 minutes to earn the Trophy. That said, I think the Trophy is indeed hard, but not that much to justify such a big rarity: the fact that Brawlhalla is a free game is surely a contribute to that rarity, as well as that this Trophy got added years after its release.

Now that this one is out of the way, on Sunday I will cover the next Trophy, coming from Ape Escape, right after earning it. :)

• Like 2

i just play for fun and since i do trophie hunting 2 years now its more fun to explore everything the game have to offer i completed 16 games wich is a great achievement because i just enjoy playing videogames its a great part of my life though started very jong with a sega console and now a ps4 

L8645cd.png

2L9c143d.png

Ape Escape

Gold Collector (0.74% - Ultra Rare)

Earned at least 10 gold medals.

Just earned this one: my 17th sub 1% Trophy :)

The game has 15 levels, and this Trophy requires you get a Gold Medal in 10 of them: this isn't, however, the hardest Trophy of the game, as there is one that asks to get all 15 Gold Medals AND all the monkeys of the game (I have no idea about the number of monkeys of the game).

A Gold Medal is obtained by getting an high enough score after you finish the level by defeating the Specter lookalike at the end: points are obtained by capturing monkeys in combo, defeating enemies, shooting objects, collecting bananas and defeating the Specter lookalike at the end.

The levels have five levels of difficulty: easy, normal, hard, heroic and insane. To get this Trophy, I got Gold Medals in the following levels:

-3 Easy

-3 Normal

-1 Hard

-1 Heroic

-2 Insane

Two Trophies left for the 100% :) The five levels left to get a Gold Medal on are 2 Hard, 2 Heroic and 1 Insane.

• Like 2

Awesome idea Kenji! ?

I’ve been trophy hunting for 4 or 5 years now and have spent that time simply playing anything that interests me, catching up on all the big AAA franchises and classic titles I missed out on over the years, trying my hand at dozens of new genres and styles of games that are foreign to me, and generally just building up a collection of trophies on my profile while I enjoy gaming.

I never paid any attention whatsoever to trophy rarity or ultra rare trophies until last year when I joined the UR Cleanup for the first time and began to take an interest in all the highly skilled and dedicated folks who go out of their way to actively hunt these rare and prestigious prizes. Even though I only submitted a dozen games or so, I had a blast with the 2022 event and earned some shiny URs of my own, including a couple sub 1% platinums.

I’m not sure what it was, but it seems to have awakened something in me. With the way the trophy culture has changed, I’ve found myself becoming much more interested in UR hunting over the past few months and have become very interested in topics like this. As such, I think this is a brilliant and unique idea for a trophy progress journal and one that I’m keen to follow, to keep an eye on your progress and the games you’ve been playing. I always find a lot of inspiration and motivation in watching other likeminded trophy hunters and that helps me on my own journey. Great work so far & best of luck with yours!

• Like 3

L4a4ac5.png

50L6af42f.png

Brawlhalla

To Hell and Back (0.56% - Ultra Rare)

Reach Wave 26 in Horde mode with Damage set to 100% of lower

This is the rarest Trophy from Brawlhalla, coming from its first DLC Pack, as well as the hardest: in Horde mode, you have to defend doors from waves of incoming enemies, making sure that the doors do not suffer too much damage. The mode can be played solo or with up to three other players: the more players, the more enemies, and they also get stronger.

When the Trophy got added, I remember there were a lot of open custom lobbies of players trying to get the Trophy: I joined several of them, but we were never successful since literally nobody, including me, knew what they were doing.

It takes a bit of time and practice to master the waves: since they have the same pattern every time, this Trophy comes up to waves knowledge and memory: while it is technically possible to reach Wave 26 solo (As there are videos of that), to stand a real chance of getting the Trophy it is recommended to do so with at least another player who also knows what he is doing. Besides knowing the waves, it is recommended to pick a character you are comfortable with: as the Trophy guide suggests, I used Queen Nai, as I found her attacks to be perfect to defend the doors.

In the end, I got the Trophy while playing as a team of two with another player I had previously met, and who had already got the Trophy but was kind enough to help me achieve it. Since we were both good and had mastered the waves, it only took us 2/3 attempts to finish the 25th Wave and reach the 26th: we actually made it just barely, because I remember that as soon as the 26th wave started, we celebrated by emoting at each other, and the last door was soon after destroyed.

As with the other Trophy covered before, the fact that this comes from a DLC of a Free game contributes to its rarity, but it is also hard, way more than the Catch Bombs Training Trophy, in my opinion.

I am also the 29th first achiever of this Trophy. :)

• Like 1

On 12/03/2023 at 3:20 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Awesome idea Kenji! 1f601.png

I’ve been trophy hunting for 4 or 5 years now and have spent that time simply playing anything that interests me, catching up on all the big AAA franchises and classic titles I missed out on over the years, trying my hand at dozens of new genres and styles of games that are foreign to me, and generally just building up a collection of trophies on my profile while I enjoy gaming.

I never paid any attention whatsoever to trophy rarity or ultra rare trophies until last year when I joined the UR Cleanup for the first time and began to take an interest in all the highly skilled and dedicated folks who go out of their way to actively hunt these rare and prestigious prizes. Even though I only submitted a dozen games or so, I had a blast with the 2022 event and earned some shiny URs of my own, including a couple sub 1% platinums.

I’m not sure what it was, but it seems to have awakened something in me. With the way the trophy culture has changed, I’ve found myself becoming much more interested in UR hunting over the past few months and have become very interested in topics like this. As such, I think this is a brilliant and unique idea for a trophy progress journal and one that I’m keen to follow, to keep an eye on your progress and the games you’ve been playing. I always find a lot of inspiration and motivation in watching other likeminded trophy hunters and that helps me on my own journey. Great work so far & best of luck with yours!

This pretty much matches my current trophy hunting mindframe :) 

I play what i enjoy (although i do aim to complete to the highest % i can), but do try and play a UR game at the same time as the UR Cleanup last year gave me a new sense of achievement

• Like 1

L91d086.png

7L9aeb50.png

10 Second Ninja X

Wooooooooooooooah - Livin' on a prayer (0.72% - Ultra Rare)

Earn 300 stars & X rank all marathon zones

This is the hardest Trophy from 10 Second Ninja X, and basically requires you to master the game.

The first thing to do is to earn 300 stars: to do so, you need to get 3 stars in each of the 100 levels, meaning that you have to beat them all as fast as possible. Every level has a time limit of 10 seconds (Hence the name of the game), meaning that if you are unable to complete it in time, you fail: it may take some tries to clear it fast and get 3 stars, but it is not a big deal as you can keep trying as many times as you can, until you succeed.

Getting an X Rank in all the marathon zones, on the other hand, is much harder: to get an X rank, you need to get 3 stars in every level of a zone (Composed of either 10 or 8 levels) in a row, and without running out of time or retrying. Basically, it's a no death run: you must get 3 stars in all the levels in one go, at first try.

While the levels are easily completed in a manner of few seconds, completing 8 or 10 of them in the fastest way in a row, without dying and therefore with no room for mistakes, is not easy: a lot of muscle memory is required, as well as cold blood and ability to handle the pressure, as pretty much any tiny mistake can ruin your entire run.

I don't remember much about my non death runs, since it's been almost a year: what I do remember, since I also wrote it in the Trophy guide discussion, is that it took me around 12 hours to clear the first zone, that most people claim to be the hardest; the other zones took me much less time.

Since I played this game on the Vita, a memory I have is that I was playing this game while being on vacation with my family in France; one evening, all of my family were dancing in the hotel disco, while I was alone in my room playing the game :lol: In the end, I got the Trophy while I was also going to play Dragon Ball FighterZ on the Ps4, boosting the online Trophies with my friend; my plan was to try the last marathon zone I was missing during the loading times while boosting FighterZ, but thankfully, I ended up making it before we even began.

• Like 3

Yesterday I earned the last two Trophies I needed from Ape Escape, thus getting the 100% :) Both Trophies are sub 1% rarity, so let's cover the first of them. To know my impression about the game, I invite you to read about it in the Post your newest 100% thread.

L8645cd.png

5L4d3a0d.png

Ape Escape

I See All (0.80% - Ultra Rare)

Captured all monkeys.

There's a total of 777 monkey spread across the 15 levels of the game: however, only 750 of them can be captured through normal gameplay. The remaining 27 are hidden, and before having the chance to capture them, you need to uncover them: to do so, you need to hit either certain objects in the environment, or the monkey itself, in an earlier location of the game.

Thankfully, there is a very good guide explaining both how to unveil the hidden monkeys and their actual location; even through it may take some tries to unveil and capture them, thanks to the guide this Trophy is not that hard, and the reason why it is so rare, in my opinion, is simply because most people did not bother about it. What makes this Trophy easier is also the fact that you don't need to capture all the monkeys of a level in one go; you can capture one hidden monkey and miss one, and then come back to the level and capture the one monkey you had missed.

• Like 1

L8645cd.png

1Lec9dfd.png

Ape Escape

Catch Master (0.68% - Ultra Rare)

Reached 100% completion.

Last Trophy from Ape Escape. As I said earlier, to reach 100% completion you need to get a Gold Medal on all the 15 levels and capture all 777 monkeys in the game: both things have already been covered in two previous Trophies.

Considering that, as I said, capturing the monkeys is not that hard, the hardest part of this Trophy was getting the Gold Medals: in the hardest levels, it is essential to avoid being hit, so that you keep your combo multiplier high, and there are various occasions where you are attacked by multiple enemies/monkeys at the same time.

Here's everything you need to know about my runs:

Level 1: Wobbly House
Difficulty: Easy
Gold Medal Score: 46.000
My Score: 46.250
Leaderboard position: 152nd

Level 2: Mysterious Ruins
Difficulty: Normal
Gold Medal Score: 140.000
My Score: 50.750

Leaderboard position: 63rd

Level 3: Monkey Carousel
Gold Medal Score: 130.000
My Score: 152.570
Leaderboard position: 66th

Level 4: Monkey Road
Gold Medal Score: 120.000

My Score: 156.480
Leaderboard position: 42nd

Level 5: The Hot Springs
My Score: 163.330
Leaderboard position: 20th

Level 6: Dinosaur Glacier
Difficulty: Hard
Gold Medal Score: 150.000
My Score: 182.400

Level 7: Haunted House
Gold Medal Score:140.000
My Score: 150.080
Leaderboard position: 42nd

Level 8: Asian Town
Gold Medal Score: 120.000
My Score: 139.830
Leaderboard position: 38th

Level 9: Spa Gardens
Gold Medal Score: 170.000
My Score: 176.260
Leaderboard position: 48th

Level 10: Food City
Difficulty: Heroic
Gold Medal Score: 150.000
My Score: 178.600
Leaderboard position: 37th

Level 11: Skull Volcano
Gold Medal Score: 170.000

My Score: 187.510

Level 12: Monkeyland
Gold Medal Score: 150.000
My Score: 233.950
Leaderboard position: 5th

Level 13: Steam Castle
Difficulty: Insane
Gold Med Score: 180.000
My Score: 189.910
Leaderboard position: 32nd

Level 14: Battery Tower
Gold Medal Score: 300.000
My Score: 325.400
Leaderboard position: 14th

Level 15: Monkey Station
My Score: 152.400
Leaderboard position: 43rd

It took me 23 hours to 100% the game, including a blind run of the 15 levels without bothering about the Gold Medals: out of these 23 hours, I also spent 5 hours on a single level alone, Battery Tower, which is in my opinion the hardest level of the game. Slightly below it, I'd put Skull Volcano; all the other levels are either easy or still hard, but manageable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ld680e4.png

72Lcd39b2.png

Warframe

K-Driven (0.66% - Ultra Rare)

Ride 1,000,000 meters on a K-Drive.

Made it yesterday to 200 Ultra Rare Trophies: time to update this thread. :)

This is the only Trophy from Warframe with a rarity below 1%, as well as the rarest from it: as you can imagine, it requires no skill at all. In order to earn it, you need to use your K-Drive for a cumulative distance of 1.000.000 meters.

The K-Drive can not be used in regular missions: it is obtained by clearing a main quest in an open world area of the game called Fortuna, and can only be used there and in other two open world areas of the game, Orb Vallis and Deimos.

There are Trophies related to Deimos only on the Ps5 version of the game, as the Ps4 version stopped supporting additional Trophies before Deimos was added. That said, there are several Trophies to achieve in Fortuna and Orb Vallis, and so using the K-Drive there while doing stuff for other Trophies speeds up things to get this Trophy.

However, I used to be not prepared for the other Trophies of Fortuna and Orb Vallis, so in order to achieve this Trophy I would just ride around with the K-Drive trying to cover as much distance as possible. Only when I was at around 800.000/900.000 meters, thanks to the help of my friend, I started to focus on the last remaining Trophies I was missing, and I got the Trophy along the way.

1.000.000 meters is a lot: what contributes to the low rarity is also the fact that Warframe is a free game, as well as the fact that this Trophy was added with the 26TH DLC Pack. It should also be noted that the K-Drive is not the fastest way to move around.

• Like 2