Progress lost and no new one being added - Anyone have experience with that?

VeganVermithor

Yesterday with only the 100km trophy left to go and 80ish on the clock the game started to act up. I got multiple blank black scren pop ups during runs (blinking in and out), then an error saying "Something went wrong." I restarted the game, got the same issues. Came back later, restarted again, noticed that all my progress had been reset. My race times are still there, those are probably cloud based. But my unlocked skins and all-time km got set back to zero.

Today, after messing around a bit more, I'm up to around 50ish km again, but I don't get any sea miles progress and the lessons in the pool are stuck on 0/10, even after I did them all again. It looks my game/savefile is now broken and can't be progressed anymore, only the km counter going up. It would be devestating to break my wrists and controllers to get to a 100km, just to have the trophy not pop.

Is this a special case or does anybody else have any issues with the game? Maybe update related even?

I never lost progress but had the error popping up and blinking non stop only when I went super sonic fast in the kayak even having the game not being able to keep up with loading in scenery, I would set myself right in front of the kayak by going all the way to the edge of my play boundary reset the kayak down then roll forward 6 ft in my office chair so I was in front of the kayak then could just rotate my wrist with little effort and paddle fast without ever hitting the sides of the kayak. Now the speeds can get very high I knocked out roughly 25-30 miles in 1 hour on Costa Rica with its open water and flew pass the dolphins. Only when doing that is when the error message and blinking occurred however no data or sea mile problems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HappyGMore said:

I never lost progress but had the error popping up and blinking non stop only when I went super sonic fast in the kayak even having the game not being able to keep up with loading in scenery, I would set myself right in front of the kayak by going all the way to the edge of my play boundary reset the kayak down then roll forward 6 ft in my office chair so I was in front of the kayak then could just rotate my wrist with little effort and paddle fast without ever hitting the sides of the kayak. Now the speeds can get very high I knocked out roughly 25-30 miles in 1 hour on Costa Rica with its open water and flew pass the dolphins. Only when doing that is when the error message and blinking occurred however no data or sea mile problems.

That's really odd, for me it definitly wasn't a speed issue, as I was usually just windmilling medium speed.

Anyways, my update on the issue: My game never went back into a state where I was getting any seamiles added, the counter was stuck on 0. I also never got the lessons in the pool to change from 0/10. But the km tracker worked and at 100km I got the last trophy. Only had to do 180km to do it.

Now I can put this wildly overhyped game down for good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

This, tbh. I bought into the hype; and bought into the $15 price tag (cheap), but still a waste. Game is beautiful but boring as hell. Plat seems like it’s a slog too. Unless I’m wrong, 

8 hours ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 2

I've just had similar issue... 

Pretty much had everything done, even hardest races and was on around 33km, then started grinding out the km the last few days... just got a warning that problem occurred with saved data and then when I reloaded the game all km data was reset to 0... was on around 70km 

was hoping to be in the first 50 for this Plat but think I'll wait a bit now before tackling this again, very frustrating....

9 minutes ago, jollityfarm said:

Pretty much had everything done, even hardest races and was on around 33km, then started grinding out the km the last few days... just got a warning that problem occurred with saved data and then when I reloaded the game all km data was reset to 0... was on around 70km 

was hoping to be in the first 50 for this Plat but think I'll wait a bit now before tackling this again, very frustrating....

You can put the headset on a chair or something, sit in front of it and paddle in the field of view of the front of the PSVR while watching TV or something. That's slower than tryharding, but also less frustrating. I did the 2nd 100km over the span of 2 days that way.

10 hours ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Not if you want to maintain your 100%. It's highly likely we will get DLC trophies. The devs have already confirmed they are working on more content for the game like real time multiplayer, white water rapids, open world etc.

2 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Not if you want to maintain your 100%. It's highly likely we will get DLC trophies. The devs have already confirmed they are working on more content for the game like real time multiplayer, white water rapids, open world etc.

That's an issue for another day. But I will indeed try to stay on top of 100%. If they don't randomly add a "Kayak for 1000km" trophy, I don't see a DLC being too big of a headache. Afterall, the hype about this game is massively overblown. It's 4 washed out maps with cardboard fish, praised as the coming of Christ on PSVR2. If they keep that up, any DLC content will be done in 15 minutes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HappyGMore said:

I went super sonic fast in the kayak even having the game not being able to keep up with loading in scenery, I would set myself right in front of the kayak by going all the way to the edge of my play boundary reset the kayak down then roll forward 6 ft in my office chair so I was in front of the kayak then could just rotate my wrist with little effort and paddle fast without ever hitting the sides of the kayak. Now the speeds can get very high I knocked out roughly 25-30 miles in 1 hour on Costa Rica with its open water and flew pass the dolphins.

This trick is huge! Thanks for sharing. I just got "King of King's Canyon" first try in 2:07 using this trick:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

That's an issue for another day. But I will indeed try to stay on top of 100%. If they don't randomly add a "Kayak for 1000km" trophy, I don't see a DLC being too big of a headache. Afterall, the hype about this game is massively overblown. It's 4 washed out maps with cardboard fish, praised as the coming of Christ on PSVR2. If they keep that up, any DLC content will be done in 15 minutes.

That's a shame. I was keen to check it out. I might still grab it in a sale later on when they have added some more content.

• Like 1

On 10.3.2023 at 10:32 AM, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Yesterday with only the 100km trophy left to go and 80ish on the clock the game started to act up. I got multiple blank black scren pop ups during runs (blinking in and out), then an error saying "Something went wrong." I restarted the game, got the same issues. Came back later, restarted again, noticed that all my progress had been reset. My race times are still there, those are probably cloud based. But my unlocked skins and all-time km got set back to zero.

Today, after messing around a bit more, I'm up to around 50ish km again, but I don't get any sea miles progress and the lessons in the pool are stuck on 0/10, even after I did them all again. It looks my game/savefile is now broken and can't be progressed anymore, only the km counter going up. It would be devestating to break my wrists and controllers to get to a 100km, just to have the trophy not pop.

Is this a special case or does anybody else have any issues with the game? Maybe update related even?

On 11.3.2023 at 10:15 PM, jollityfarm said:

Same issue here.... I was at 49km, screen started to flicker, unrecognizable error message popped up and after a restart of the game all progress is lost.

Did you guys continue on that broken save or started new save file? Any other solution to not lose the progress?

EDIT: I talked to the devs on their discord and they promised a patch in the next couple of days. They said it's probably caused by writing to the save file too often when the player is going fast.

Edited by proud2bNs

I got the issue with the 'something went wrong' popping up, but luckily my save was fine.  As soon as it started happening, I just exited to the pool, then restarted the game and all was well again.  Guess I got lucky.

On a side note, does anyone know how you're supposed to get the astronaut trophy?  I got it because a glitch sent my kayak about a mile into the sky, but I was never able to unlock it normally.  I tried launching off the ice ramp in Antarctica like in the trailer, but I never could get that high off of it.  

On 13.3.2023 at 5:09 PM, proud2bNs said:

Same issue here.... I was at 49km, screen started to flicker, unrecognizable error message popped up and after a restart of the game all progress is lost.

Did you guys continue on that broken save or started new save file? Any other solution to not lose the progress?

EDIT: I talked to the devs on their discord and they promised a patch in the next couple of days. They said it's probably caused by writing to the save file too often when the player is going fast.

Good work contacting the devs. Hilarious that the game breaks when people are going too fast, how is that even possible. I hope the patch fixes the state of your savefile, otherwise maybe just take the L and just start fresh. GL

• 3 weeks later...
On 15.3.2023 at 8:36 PM, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

Good work contacting the devs. Hilarious that the game breaks when people are going too fast, how is that even possible. I hope the patch fixes the state of your savefile, otherwise maybe just take the L and just start fresh. GL

Should be fixed:

namxRJM.png