Thalassophobia and Aurora Australis won't pop

DOAsaturn

Having trouble getting these ones to pop. As I understand with Thalassophobia I just need to be out in deep water and with Aurora Australis I need to hang out in the cave portion of Antarctica. On both Costa Rica and Norway I kayaked into deep water (where I couldn't see any real details of the ocean floor) and just let the game sit for about 15 min or so. How far out do I need to go? Is there a specific part of each level that works? 

As for Aurora Australis, another poster here said to go to the cave in Antarctica and just hang out there. Did that for about 15 min and nothing...

I went out in open water in Antarctica at night and that’s how it unlocked for me, this maybe timed. I tried to chase after the aurora lights lol and simply got lost in all the Aw of the game. I would say around 30mins maybe a little more. The game was redirecting me back with a warning of resetting so I turned around and the trophy unlocked shortly later. Now the deep water trophy unlocked for me in Norway as I was in open water out far, paddle slowly in the water enjoying the wind go through your hair like me. I put a fan on me so it feels even more real. Plus helps with the pouring sweat and soaked clothes. That’s all I have from my personal experiences. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

I unlocked both in Antarctica. For Thalassophobia paddle into the open water in front of you from the start, until the game wants to reset your position. Just paddle back at bit and wait for 5 minutes. Aurora only unlocked at night time, although some guides said it unlocks at day time. I was just paddling around for a few minutes.