Can I AFK for Proven Devotion?

sepheroithisgod

I ended up doing all three playthroughs and the 400 medals, but only managed to get 25/30 presents. Would AFKing work for presents or do they have another trigger outside of time?

Edit: AFKing didn't seem to work. I went back to farming the depths, and after a few more hours got the last 5 presents. Must have been some really bad luck.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

Yea this trophy is something which is mega important to start soon as. I was saying to somebody that is something that could really trip you up if not prepared. By chance, Trophy Guide Authors just likely were giving a lot of valuables.

Basically what I read from somebody who checked the PC files is that its determined by distance travelled and time played, then there is a % chance for a NPC to give you a present, then the countdown begins again.

To increase % chance of an NPC giving you a present when the trigger occurs, you need to increase their friendship rating by giving valuables.

Base Value  - 3 hours countdown, 3000 metres and 5% chance (I think each NPC has their own cooldown).

10 Friendship points - 2.5 hours cooldown, 2500 metres travelled, 10% chance.

25 Friendship points - 2 hours cooldown, 2000 metres travelled, 25% chance.

etc etc....

Goes up to 75 Friendship I think which puts you at like 50% chance and 1 hour cooldown I think but yea, you need to maxing those valuables by only giving them to NPCs who give the most points.

Endgame, I have most at 25 points while only collecting fixed drops so each have a 25% chance for me to give a present after the few hours.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 18.3.2023 at 4:59 PM, Optinooby said:

Yea this trophy is something which is mega important to start soon as.

An example for how important that is:

The only thing a friend and I have done solo in Code Vein is collecting the maps for the Depths we missed in our first playthrough.

But he gave the characters the presents you can find in game, increasing the friendship, and I didn't.

My friend got his trophy already, I'm at 9 / 30 ... and we are done with the grind for medals.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

An example for how important that is:

The only thing a friend and I have done solo in Code Vein is collecting the maps for the Depths we missed in our first playthrough.

But he gave the characters the presents you can find in game, increasing the friendship, and I didn't.

My friend got his trophy already, I'm at 9 / 30 ... and we are done with the grind for medals.

Apologies guides dont make it clearer how important it is mate, now you have another grind maybe just as long as the Medals ;(

Though at least you can sort of afk the Presents in some way

Edited by Optinooby

12 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Apologies guides dont make it clearer how important it is mate, now you have another grind maybe just as long as the Medals ;(

Though at least you can sort of afk the Presents in some way

Been playing it blind anyway, was just stupidity on my end.

But no worries, we still have the other endings to do, so I think at least one more NG cycle, but we planned with two.

Got all characters to at least 25, and two up to 75, so I should  be good :D (I hope)

• Like 1