Yu Suzuki working on a unannounced project, thinking about crowd funding Shenmue III

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/03/20/yu-suzuki-working-on-a-unannounced-project-thinking-about-crowd-funding-shenmue-iii/

YuSuzukiNewGame-600x240.jpg

Yu Suzuki has teased that he is ‘working on something’. What is this mysterious project? Is it SEGA publishing related? Who knows, he isn’t speaking about the project right now.

“Just now, I don’t have anything I can say yet,” he smiled. “I can’t announce right now – but I’m making something.”

This isn’t the first time that the idea of crowd funding Shenmue III has come up, we reported a similar story last year. This time? He says he is looking into it. So what genre do you want the upcoming, unannounce Yu Suzuki project to be? A racer? Fighting? His catalog of classic games is spread too wide between genres to please everyone.

I feel that a Shenmue III kickstarter would work well, though I have no idea if Kickstarter has a funding limit.  Though I don't imagine a Shenmue game would be as expensive as it was back in 2000.

If Shenmue 3 was crowdfunded 

i would throw my money at them and i'm sure 

a lot of other fans would do the same :)

First they should do a HD Collection of both 

on Xbox 360 & PS3 to get people into the games again 

get them all nostalgic like , the games are just brilliant !

Edited by TheVolloxx-
  • Like 2

Shenmue on next gen would be nuts! We need a next gen Yakuza too!

Ishin is kind of next gen...but probably not what you meant, since it's on PS3 as well as PS4.  I'd want a localized Yakuza 5 before a next gen Yakuza 6.  Yeah, I already have the imported version and a great translation guide, but games are just more enjoyable in a language I understand rather than having to rely on a guide...That's just me though.  I still might go ahead and play it sooner than later just because it sounds so good  :holy:

• Like 1

Ishin is kind of next gen...but probably not what you meant, since it's on PS3 as well as PS4.  I'd want a localized Yakuza 5 before a next gen Yakuza 6.  Yeah, I already have the imported version and a great translation guide, but games are just more enjoyable in a language I understand rather than having to rely on a guide...That's just me though.  I still might go ahead and play it sooner than later just because it sounds so good  :holy:

I'd love a localized 5 and Ishin.

• Like 1

Well I'm hyped for anything Yu comes out with, dude is always on point with making great games.

I'm not really into crowd funding/Kickstarter that much, but for Shenmue III I'd probably reconsider and throw some money at it.

The thing is though, while the series is fairly popular and has it's dedicated fans, would it really make that much from people now? I just don't see most people outside of the already established fanbase from the Dreamcast era being very interested in a more than a decade old series is all.

I hope Shenmue sees the light of day again. Even if it's just an HD collection, that'd be great.

There's always kickstarter, Keiji Inafue crowd funded a new Mega Man game. Oh wait, sorry, it's called Mighty No. 9 isn't it? I think you catch my drift though.