The "Elite Agent" trophy does not drop despite several attempts. Is it a bug?

Hello everybody !

I just downloaded the game Siphon Filter: Dark Mirror and I wanted to start with the training mode, to learn the controls of the game and at the same time, to be quiet with the first trophy of the list which consists in finishing all the missions of 'coaching.

After having finished the 4 training sessions of the game (unless there are more than that?), I had the bad surprise that the trophy did not fall! This is the first time this has happened to me on a game. So, I start to redo the 4 training sessions, this time trying to finish on time for the first 2 and not wasting any ammunition for the third and despite all this, the trophy still does not unlock.

So my question is simple: has anyone else experienced this bug with this trophy? Or am I the only one?

I would like to contact Sony or PlayStation but I don't know how through the internet, I would like to send them an email and maybe video evidence to support that I am doing the right thing and trophy doesn't drop so they have proof and do something in return but I don't know how if that is possible?

Since I've never had any problems with the trophies, I never thought of contacting them on the internet, but there, I'd love to. If anyone knows how or has the solution see other solutions than this one; I'll take it.
And then, if ever it is impossible for me to contact them, too bad but it would be a bit of a shame.

Thank you for reading me, sorry if my English is not very brilliant but I did my best. Waiting for your answers, I wish you a good day / evening and good game to all!

This is the only thing I have completed in the game and got the trophy.  Did it poorly too as the controls were cumbersome at best.  Thought maybe there were par times to meet but after finishing the fourth training mission trophy popped.  Not sure how you would go about getting in touch with Sony or someone else for help.  I would suggest deleting the game, reinstalling it, and seeing if you can get it that way.  Or start the main missions and maybe it pops after you pop another trophy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cosmicanomaly said:

This is the only thing I have completed in the game and got the trophy.  Did it poorly too as the controls were cumbersome at best.  Thought maybe there were par times to meet but after finishing the fourth training mission trophy popped.  Not sure how you would go about getting in touch with Sony or someone else for help.  I would suggest deleting the game, reinstalling it, and seeing if you can get it that way.  Or start the main missions and maybe it pops after you pop another trophy.

Hi !

First of all thank you for your reply! Yes the orders are really special but little by little, it passes. That's what I did, delete the whole game and all the data on it, then relaunch it or even restart the console... I did all that and despite that, still no trophy after the 4 missions. successful training.

But fortunately, since I may have found a way to get it because yes, in the meantime, no later than 5 minutes ago, I just unlocked it!
I don't know if it's related but can you imagine that I thought of putting my console in English national language! And as soon as training #2 was over, the trophy fell to my surprise!

I had been trying to get it for 2 hours and I don't know how many times I had to do these workouts again, but now it's behind me. The problem is therefore solved but if it helps in case some players encounter the same problem, if the trophy does not drop, it may be to change the language even if I don't really know if it's related! It's still weird because after 5 mins after putting my console in English, the trophy fell so it was fast.

Besides, in English I saw that the trophy was not called as I thought in this message, it's Top Operative but whatever, I'll stop making my message heavier.

Good game to all in any case!

1 hour ago, KORKY-59 said:

I had been trying to get it for 2 hours and I don't know how many times I had to do these workouts again, but now it's behind me. The problem is therefore solved but if it helps in case some players encounter the same problem, if the trophy does not drop, it may be to change the language even if I don't really know if it's related! It's still weird because after 5 mins after putting my console in English, the trophy fell so it was fast.

Besides, in English I saw that the trophy was not called as I thought in this message, it's Top Operative but whatever, I'll stop making my message heavier.

Yes, the english language would make a difference in this case. For retro emulated games that originally didn't have trophies, they use a frame capture technique where they have prepared images which then the emulator tries to match. If they match, the trophy pops. That way they don't need source code or program anything. This is why some trophies are hard to implement because it would be hard to match images. Easiest detection is through cutscenes, labels on screen, and static images like map selection screen. So in this case, the trophy images they must have prepared must have been using the english language, and other languages would cause it to not match up with the screenshots.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...