PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

Hi. I have issues on Infiltration mission (first of ch.4). Game crashes again and again at certain point. I have unistalled and reinstalled the game, but nothing changes. I´m playing PS4 version on PS5. Does anyone have the same problem?

On Wild Arms, since the latest patch I started to notice that randomly after battle the directional buttons would be not in sync with what you do (press up and the character goes right, press right and he goes down and so on).

From the times that it happened, doing full circle motions would resolve the thing.

I think that it happens only with the d-pad, but not sure (kept forgetting to check the analog stick motions).

This is on PS5 version, EU, Pal version.

I'm not sure if it happened before, but I started noticing it on Volcannon Trap after clearing the boss fight (after that I went inside to grab a missing treasure, that's when I started noticing the bug happen).

On 8/5/2023 at 3:01 AM, NeoZaine said:

Hi. I have issues on Infiltration mission (first of ch.4). Game crashes again and again at certain point. I have unistalled and reinstalled the game, but nothing changes. I´m playing PS4 version on PS5. Does anyone have the same problem?

Which game is this for?

On 8/5/2023 at 6:20 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

On Wild Arms, since the latest patch I started to notice that randomly after battle the directional buttons would be not in sync with what you do (press up and the character goes right, press right and he goes down and so on).

From the times that it happened, doing full circle motions would resolve the thing.

I think that it happens only with the d-pad, but not sure (kept forgetting to check the analog stick motions).

I'm not sure if it happened before, but I started noticing it on Volcannon Trap after clearing the boss fight (after that I went inside to grab a missing treasure, that's when I started noticing the bug happen).

I'll pass this along.

Edited by jefXfree

On 8/5/2023 at 6:20 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

Did this occur every time after a battle?

This effect can be caused by the Confusion status ailment which can persist post combat. After walking around for awhile, the character should go back to normal.

Edited by jefXfree
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Did this occur every time after a battle?

This effect can be caused by the Confusion status ailment which can persist post combat. After walking around for awhile, the character will should back to normal.

No, it was after random battles.

And from what you say, then it's quite possible that it was the Confusion status, since I didn't noticed that it stayed after battle.

Sorry for the false alarm. 

@jefXfree Maybe you could pass this bug also.

Gravity Crash Portable (EU).

When rewind time feature is used (even once) on a loaded level, the map will be broken. It will loose map contours.

Below are images (as I cannot attach them directly).

Before: https://freeimage.host/i/HDae8ej
After: https://freeimage.host/i/HDaeSmx

Any chance it will get fixed? It makes game really tough.

Thanks anyway!

Edited by hiryu
  • Like 1

@jefXfree

It's been roughly a month now since Twisted Metal 1&2 landed on PSN, however there are still a lot of issues with these games that I'm surprised more people are not talking about.

Preface: I purchased Twisted Metal 2 on the Vita store on July 12, just around the time of the announcement. Yes, it is cheaper on these stores. Yes, Sony has had a good track record of "granting" licenses on newer platforms. But unfortunately this release has been a big L for the team.

When Twisted Metal launched on PS4/PS5, I saw that yes, both games were eligible for free. https://ibb.co/f2T40xJ

I redeemed Twisted Metal (note: I had earned this game way back during the HOME promotion when Sony gave out codes for these games), and it gave it to me for free. Great.

However, immediately after, suddenly Twisted Metal 2 was saying I owed $10. Why? It literally said it was free not 2 minutes earlier. https://ibb.co/ZgzqB0Z

This has not been fixed since.

What I don't see people discussing however, is that since Twisted Metal released on PS4/PS5, Twisted Metal 1&2 are literally broken and do not exist anymore on people's download history on older platforms (PS3/Vita). In my case, when I navigate to Twisted Metal 1 or 2, it shows that yes, I purchased it and I can download it. However, clicking the "Download" button results in absolutely no action. Navigating to my Download/Purchase history shows that Twisted Metal 1 or 2 are not even listed. Here is a video: https://youtu.be/VOYDyxdoWZM

I don't know what you can exactly do about this, but I would love to have what I paid for, even on the correct platform.

Edited by demibear
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, demibear said:

@jefXfree

It's been roughly a month now since Twisted Metal 1&2 landed on PSN, however there are still a lot of issues with these games that I'm surprised more people are not talking about.

Preface: I purchased Twisted Metal 2 on the Vita store on July 12, just around the time of the announcement. Yes, it is cheaper on these stores. Yes, Sony has had a good track record of "granting" licenses on newer platforms. But unfortunately this release has been a big L for the team.

When Twisted Metal launched on PS4/PS5, I saw that yes, both games were eligible for free. https://ibb.co/f2T40xJ

I redeemed Twisted Metal (note: I had earned this game way back during the HOME promotion when Sony gave out codes for these games), and it gave it to me for free. Great.

However, immediately after, suddenly Twisted Metal 2 was saying I owed $10. Why? It literally said it was free not 2 minutes earlier. https://ibb.co/ZgzqB0Z

This has not been fixed since.

What I don't see people discussing however, is that since Twisted Metal released on PS4/PS5, Twisted Metal 1&2 are literally broken and do not exist anymore on people's download history on older platforms (PS3/Vita). In my case, when I navigate to Twisted Metal 1 or 2, it shows that yes, I purchased it and I can download it. However, clicking the "Download" button results in absolutely no action. Navigating to my Download/Purchase history shows that Twisted Metal 1 or 2 are not even listed. Here is a video: https://youtu.be/VOYDyxdoWZM

I don't know what you can exactly do about this, but I would love to have what I paid for, even on the correct platform.

You would likely need to go to Customer Service for a majority of your issue.

However, if you can share your PSN ID and the country of the store you made your purchase in I can see if there's anything that can be done within what i'm able to accomplish. 

Edited by jefXfree

@jefXfree Is this something you could pass along? (see quotes below)

The artwork used for the NA trophy lists of Ape Escape OTL is low-res and extremely washed out.

I know it’s a minor issue but hopefully we can get it updated to be like the one below?

Thanks again for allowing us to pass along feedback for all these classics. It’s been invaluable!

7 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Is this a joke? Why are they using washed out scans of the key art? I can find better assets on Google.

Poor job, Sony.

6 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Here's 5 minutes in Photoshop, btw.

Ape.jpg

Ape-Mockup.gif

Spike's foot is no longer clipping, either.

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 4

Not an issue, but I wanted to post this update: Ridge Racer 2 is now purchasable instead of subscription-exclusive! My region's store page for proof: https://store.playstation.com/it-it/product/EP0700-CUSA33741_00-RIDGERACER200000

I'd post a screenshot but PSNP Forums don't accept Imgur image links it seems.

Edited by Valtekken173
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Not an issue, but I wanted to post this update: Ridge Racer 2 now purchasable instead of subscription-exclusive!

Exactly this ? I saw that the Namco games were towards the top of the "Classics" catalogue last night and was surprised to see that I could FINALLY download Ridge Racer Type-4 now for Free (own it on PS3/PSP/PSVita) and Ridge Racer 2, Tekken 2 and Mr Driller are now FINALLY available for individual purchase after all these months... Don't know what happened there, like if it was a mistake that they couldn't be purchased before or that Sony/Namco have finally sorted any licencing stuff out.

Now bring me Tekken 3 for PS1 (and would love Trophys but not gonna hold my breath for that right now, just the game is fine ?)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Axterix233 said:

i'm still waiting for GOW Chains Of Olympus and Ghost Of Sparta to finally release on Premium. I doubt it has problems with emulating the PS3 versions since it already was on PS Now before the new tiers launched, so why aren't they already on?

They were streamed via the cloud from PS3s when they were on PS Now, they weren't being emulated 

18 minutes ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Now bring me Tekken 3 for PS1 (and would love Trophys but not gonna hold my breath for that right now, just the game is fine 1f605.png)

Unlocking Dr. Boskonovitch was one of my first childhood's gaming accomplishments I can think of. If there's a trophy for that, it would go on my cabinet for sure...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Exactly this 1f64c.png I saw that the Namco games were towards the top of the "Classics" catalogue last night and was surprised to see that I could FINALLY download Ridge Racer Type-4 now for Free (own it on PS3/PSP/PSVita) and Ridge Racer 2, Tekken 2 and Mr Driller are now FINALLY available for individual purchase after all these months... Don't know what happened there, like if it was a mistake that they couldn't be purchased before or that Sony/Namco have finally sorted any licencing stuff out.

Now bring me Tekken 3 for PS1 (and would love Trophys but not gonna hold my breath for that right now, just the game is fine 1f605.png)

I just wish RR2 was still listed on the PS3/PSV store, so I could play it on my PSVita as well...but I'm not gonna complain, I'm just gonna buy it on PS4 and play it there
Trophies would be nice, but I haven't seen any Bamco games have them, so...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

Not an issue, but I wanted to post this update: Ridge Racer 2 now purchasable instead of subscription-exclusive! My region's store page for proof: https://store.playstation.com/it-it/product/EP0700-CUSA33741_00-RIDGERACER200000

I'd post a screenshot but PSNP Forums don't accept Imgur image links it seems.

Hello, it shows as included in PS+ for me.

https://ibb.co/z2ykNS1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VeldinX said:

@jefXfree Is this something you could pass along? (see quotes below)

The artwork used for the NA trophy lists of Ape Escape OTL is low-res and extremely washed out.

I know it’s a minor issue but hopefully we can get it updated to be like the one below?

Thanks again for allowing us to pass along feedback for all these classics. It’s been invaluable!

Passed along.

• Like 4

With the second Pursuit Force out on Premium today, can I ask again to get a region swap option for the first game please? The NTSC version is meant to be better tuned in terms of time limits and difficulty.

In fact, can we just get multi region options as a  standard for every Classic going forward? It seems to be the case with PS1 games due to the 50/60Hz differences, which is great, but with PSP games just having the option from the word go saves us asking just in case there are differences in gameplay, audio (Ape Escape PSP has two different dubs), languages, bugs etc. Just saves us having to ask and notes being passed along etc.

Big thanks for all the improvements made so far along the way, they are much appreciated.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, JoeNDM said:

With the second Pursuit Force out on Premium today, can I ask again to get a region swap option for the first game please? The NTSC version is meant to be better tuned in terms of time limits and difficulty.

In fact, can we just get multi region options as a  standard for every Classic going forward? It seems to be the case with PS1 games due to the 50/60Hz differences, which is great, but with PSP games just having the option from the word go saves us asking just in case there are differences in gameplay, audio (Ape Escape PSP has two different dubs), languages, bugs etc. Just saves us having to ask and notes being passed along etc.

Big thanks for all the improvements made so far along the way, they are much appreciated.

Will pass along the note.