With all weapons being required for the Platinum, do you think Capcom will release an unlockables DLC like the other games?

Sylvanticore

Basically what the titles says, with RE2R, RE3R and RE8 capcom released DLC you could buy that would automatically unlock all of the items that you normally would have had to work for, however with RE4R you are required to unlock every weapon for the trophy Gun Fanatic . Now of course these DLCs were released some time after the games were released,

RE2R was released 25 Jan, 2019 with the Ingame unlocks DLC releasing 5 Apr, 2019.

RE3R was released 3 Apr, 2020  with the Ingame unlocks DLC releasing  6 Aug, 2020

RE8 was released 7 May, 2021 with the Ingame unlocks DLC releasing 27 Jul, 2021

So if we're going by this pattern either Capcom could release a DLC to unlock everything in around 3 to 4 months now with everything included, weapons and all. Or they will leave this game alone and not add the DLC at all.

Personally I do not mind what they do, plan on having this all done myself before the end of this month anyway.

Do you think they will or not?

• Like 1

This could be possible at some point, obviously no one can guarantee it, I find it hard to believe since getting all the weapons unlocks a trophy maybe it will unlock the cat ears for example to make your path in Professional difficulty easier.

I agree this is not important to me because I already finished the game, I just need to run away on the Jet ski on Professional difficulty. 

Edited by Night_Owl_lV
  • Like 1

I hope they release an "Unlock all the trophies" DLC so that those who don't have time to play the game can still get the Platinum in the game that they've paid for. 

On a serious note, I think they'll probably add some OP weapon in future DLCs that you can buy tickets to upgrade. That's how I would play it if I were Capcom and wanted to maximise $$. Maybe at some point in the end they'll just say screw it and give you all the unlockables as well for those willing to "buy it at a high price". 

• Like 1

Well, as of the latest DLC (Mercenaries) you can get the Handcannon by getting an S rank with any character in all three stages. It's way easier than beating the game on Pro without bonus weapons. Maybe we'll get something like that in the next DLC:

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 10:00 AM, Bebop_Man said:

Well, as of the latest DLC (Mercenaries) you can get the Handcannon by getting an S rank with any character in all three stages. It's way easier than beating the game on Pro without bonus weapons. Maybe we'll get something like that in the next DLC:

I got the handcannon via mercenaries mode on my first try on each map, using Leon. The only trick is (which is the exact same trick used in mercenaries mode back on the OG RE4) is simply as soon as you start the game immediately discard the handgun, this is because random enemy ammo drops are tailored to your inventory, meaning if you don't have the handgun, and only have the shotgun and rifle, then enemies will only drop shotgun shells or rifle ammo when killed. If the handgun is still in your inventory then many enemies will drop a lot of handgun bullets. But if you discard the handgun, and enemy only drops shotgun shells and rifle ammo, then it becomes way easier to kill a lot of things. I got S+ on the castle mercenaries map while I'm only aiming for an S.

• Like 1