How long do the Servers have left?

KillMeBlIly

Yearly release sports games, tend to only last 2-3 years before modes are disabled and the servers eventually get nuked so at most, you have 1 year left before this Plat goes bye-bye. EA usually give decent warning of server closures but it's not unknown for them to kill a game without notice, then backdate when it happened.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PGA Tour 2K21 was made by 2K, not EA. The game is the sucesssor to the trilogy of Golf Club games. Golf Club 1 and Golf Club 2 Online Servers have apparently been secretly shutdown around Nov/Dec 2022 without prior warning of a Server Closure. I would therefore be quite warry of the online trophies in PGA Tour 2K21, especially since many Carreer mode trohies require an Online connection to the 2K servers.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jojoman32 said:

PGA Tour 2K21 was made by 2K, not EA. The game is the sucesssor to the trilogy of Golf Club games. Golf Club 1 and Golf Club 2 Online Servers have apparently been secretly shutdown around Nov/Dec 2022 without prior warning of a Server Closure. I would therefore be quite wary of the online trophies in PGA Tour 2K21, especially since many Career mode trophies require an Online connection to the 2K servers.

In that case I stand corrected :).

• 2 weeks later...

Short Update: I have been talking with the 2K Support and they told me, they are not responsible for any golf games before The Golf Club 2019. Golf Club 1/2 are the direct predecessor games, but they have apparently been managed by the developer HB Studious themselves. Since even Wikipedia listed them as part of the 2K Golf franchise, I naively believed that too.

2K usually shuts down their sports games a bit earlier than EA does (at least if you compare the NBA 2K and the EA Fifa games), but they are not to be blamed for the stealth shutdown. I just wanted to correct myself and clarify this. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jojoman32 said:

Short Update: I have been talking with the 2K Support and they told me, they are not responsible for any golf games before The Golf Club 2019. Golf Club 1/2 are the direct predecessor games, but they have apparently been managed by the developer HB Studious themselves. Since even Wikipedia listed them as part of the 2K Golf franchise, I naively believed that too.

2K usually shuts down their sports games a bit earlier than EA does (at least if you compare the NBA 2K and the EA Fifa games), but they are not to be blamed for the stealth shutdown. I just wanted to correct myself and clarify this. 

Maximum Games were responsible for The Golf Club shutdowns. The only other game they've closed before those was Dead Alliance, which had a small blog post on the Steam Forums that basically everyone missed.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...