How Grindy & fun after final update?

Gr4de_04

I'm curious to hear from people how grindy and fun this game is now that the final update is out. I have not yet played this game.
I know from the past that there was an update which massivly increased the grind, but I also know that the final update gives everything a 1.5X xp boost. So are we back at square one now?

That being said, I a curious to hear how current players describe the grind and fun. What has gotten me most worried is that the grind will feel too monotonous with just xp grinding or those hives. 50 seems like a lot to go trough. Is it posible to at least bulldoze trough them now that all the content is released? or is it still super sweaty?

TLDR: How does the grind affect your levels of enjoyment after this final update?

• 2 weeks later...

The one and only grind now is 50 hives; level 50 will come naturally, power level 150 can be sped through in a couple of hours via chest runs, and 250 total hero levels can be earned AFK.

50 hives is a solid 15-20 hours of grinding though, which is rough. You can work on a bit of other stuff (e.g., faction XP) at the same time, but it’s still a big grind.

I would guess that my plat took me between 50 and 60 hours (all post-story content done on newest patch).

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

How grindy? Very.
How fun? Not very.

After beating the story it's basically doing the 5-6 locations over and over again, the game is incredibly barren even after 2 years of content. I do not recommend going for the platinum, it's easy but very dull.
Also I want to hold a minute of silence for all the players who platinum'd the game before the final update which grants permanent 50% XP boost, it's a drag even with it.

• Like 1