Scientific Collection glitched

Spinxas

Wanted to create a thread so anyone going for platinum would be aware.
Scientific Collection trophy is glitched in a way that after scanning an enemy if you die before reaching next monolith, it will not count anymore and you would need to start the game all over.

The game itself is very linear and takes about 6h to beat from start to finish while watching all cutscenes, all the trophies are very easy to get as long as you explore all areas of the game rather than rushing to main objective all the time. The game can also be played on Easy maximising your chances of not dying after scanning an enemy and reaching monolith.

Edited by Spinxas

Xbox version also has bugs like this except I lost my entire save on that one. I've been pushing the devs for a patch on all versions but doesn't look like they are going to drop one. Shame because when the game plays well its a fun game and it looks fantastic even on my 1080p monitor. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Im not holding my breath for one. Especially since the dev knew about these issues before launch but went ahead anyway. 

wrong.

they announced that they will adress this in an upcoming patch (although its almost one month since the announcement).

https://twitter.com/ScarsAbove/status/1637861674215432198?s=20

Edited by WreckItPhil

1 hour ago, WreckItPhil said:

wrong.

they announced that they will adress this in an upcoming patch (although its almost one month since the announcement).

https://twitter.com/ScarsAbove/status/1637861674215432198?s=20

Well, that's nice. I even opened a ticket, but they told me their team is working on it with no know ETA. I'm sure as hell not playing the game again to get the trophy.

• 1 month later...

Any update on this? I got the game recently beat it and this trophy didn't pop and it's the last one for the plat. I am not bothered to play the game again. So did the devs lie or what? PlayStation needs to start to fine weekly/monthly devs that launch games with broken trophies that never bother to fix them.

Edited by Gorubsa

• 1 month later...

I just ran into the bug today on PS5 so it is still a problem, if anyone was wondering. It took 2 hours and 15 minutes to speedrun the game afterwards for a deathless run, so not really too bad.

It is nearly impossible to die on Rookie (easiest difficulty) but I would recommend playing on a higher difficulty as it makes the game significantly better.

• Like 1

On 7.08.2023 at 8:35 PM, Mthdraken said:

I just ran into the bug today on PS5 so it is still a problem, if anyone was wondering. It took 2 hours and 15 minutes to speedrun the game afterwards for a deathless run, so not really too bad.

It is nearly impossible to die on Rookie (easiest difficulty) but I would recommend playing on a higher difficulty as it makes the game significantly better.

Did u do that in one sitting or spread the time?

8 hours ago, Zeta_Pr1m3 said:

As long as you save after you scan an enemy you can quit the game. That's what I did multiple times to backup my no death run save.

Mate. I've never died, saved oftenly after every kill on my 1st playthrough and still have no trophy. Now i am playing this crappy game 2nd time and of course  i've died once before reaching the pillar... this trophy is a nightmare.

Edited by Crusad3rp

41 minutes ago, Crusad3rp said:

Mate. I've never died, saved oftenly after every kill on my 1st playthrough and still have no trophy. Now i am playing this crappy game 2nd time and of course  i've died once before reaching the pillar... this trophy is a nightmare.

i died as well, but played this in one session. Got the trophy doing it like this.

• Like 1

Just now, WreckItPhil said:

i died as well, but played this in one session. Got the trophy doing it like this.

Hope it will count. I've spread it into 2 sessions. I've done first 2 chapters yesterday and now i am completing whole game (from chapter 3 to the end) in one go.

6 minutes ago, Crusad3rp said:

Hope it will count. I've spread it into 2 sessions. I've done first 2 chapters yesterday and now i am completing whole game (from chapter 3 to the end) in one go.

Best of luck. Did it this way on my first run and didnt get the trophy. But in my opinion this has really something to do with with the saving system like zeta explained.

8 minutes ago, WreckItPhil said:

Best of luck. Did it this way on my first run and didnt get the trophy. But in my opinion this has really something to do with with the saving system like zeta explained.

Thank you. Yeah it seems that saving system is broken in this game. Whatever it be, developers should solve this problem long time ago. Many ppl reported it and they even announced that they are working on patch. Few months passed and still nothing. Modern gaming in one word.

29 minutes ago, WreckItPhil said:

Yeah... no lucky and no trophy again. F...k this game and platinum.

Ok. I've decided to give this game one more shot. This time was successful - have my trophy and platinum. Here are tips from me:

1. NEVER DIE!!

2.As someone mentioned - save oftenly and do it twice to be sure that game has been saved properly

3.MOST IMPORTANT ONE: IF NEEDED, DO 2ND PLAYTHROUGH IN ONE GO.   I think the issue causing a glitch has something to do with saving system. If u do it on one sitting - u are safe. I needed 3 playthroughs (one normal glitched, second glitched), but the last one was ultimate speedrun (it took me ~2 hrs).

Edited by Crusad3rp
  • Like 1