2 new trophies are live

MonaSaxPayne

for the new character Lifeweaver

:bronze: Giving Tree

Restore 1200 health with a single use of Lifeweaver's Tree of Life in Quick or Competitive Play

:bronze: Life Weaving

Prevent 3 deaths using Lifeweaver's Life Grip without dying yourself in quick or Competitive Play

let's hope they aren't buggy like the last few character trophies...

52 minutes ago, victorrfuego said:

Any tips? Or is it as straight-forward as it says lol

they really are straight forward and, at least for me, weren't buggy

I played defensively so I could save 3 team mates without dying (the hook range is really far)

and I just threw down my ult tree in the middle of a team fight lol

for now, it says I'm the first 100% achiever ?

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

they really are straight forward and, at least for me, weren't buggy

I played defensively so I could save 3 team mates without dying (the hook rank is really far)

and I just threw down my ult tree in the middle of a team fight lol

for now, it says I'm the first 100% achiever 1f62c.png

Nice and congrats!

Giving Tree trophy is straightforward, all you need is to wait for a good moment to place ultimate e.g. when you see an enemy Reaper who is about to use his ult or whenever you see that 5 vs 5 fight is about to begin and it will most likely pop. In terms of difficulty It's pretty much same as Zenyatta's The Iris Emraces You.

Life Weaving is more tricky, it seems that it's not enough to just pull your teammate out right when he is damaged to the point when red cross icon appears for it to count as a save. The enemy player(s) must be actively attacking the teammate. For example it won't count if you pull your teammate right after he receives a Pharah's rocket in his face leaving him with 10 HP or when he is almost killed by Doomfist's ultimate. It will count if you pull him out when he is being shot at by heroes like Soldier or Sojourn or when being hit by D.Va's missiles etc. If done properly you'll see a small blue text near crosshair saying "Player X was saved" or something like that. You can also check Players Saved counter in top right corner near your hero avatar after pressing on touch pad. It counted properly only in 1 out of 5 attempts for me most of the time and as cooldown is 20 seconds at first it seemed like it may be troublesome to stay alive long enough to manage to get 3 successful attempts but I ended popping it easily on King's Row map as an attacker. Starting area is the perfect place to get it as spawn point is very close to objective and enemy team usually defends the first gate aggressively so I just stayed behind and spammed Life Grip on my tank who absorbed everything enemy team could throw at him and popped it within 4 usages of Life Grip.

Edited by KingSkovald
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

Is this game worth it for a trophy hunter who has never played overwatch? 

No, the trophy list for the base game is awful, specially the Hanzo, Lucio, Genji and Reaper trophies.

If you going to play solo, and aiming for the plat, like me, you going to be really frustrated with this game.

• Like 1

On 2023-04-12 at 0:14 AM, cy1999aek_maik said:

Is this game worth it for a trophy hunter who has never played overwatch? 

A majority of the trophies require a huge amount of luck, as well as skill and time. Unlocking them is usually very satisfying because of how difficult many of them are. BUT if you're only going for an easy plat/100% I wouldn't even consider it imo 

• 4 months later...
On 4/11/2023 at 7:07 PM, KingSkovald said:

Giving Tree trophy is straightforward, all you need is to wait for a good moment to place ultimate e.g. when you see an enemy Reaper who is about to use his ult or whenever you see that 5 vs 5 fight is about to begin and it will most likely pop. In terms of difficulty It's pretty much same as Zenyatta's The Iris Embraces You.

Spent, quite literally, 12 hours on this trophy yesterday and never got it to pop. I just never happen to get a 5v5, there is always a Widowmaker, Genji, Ana, Cassidy, Sombra, Tracer, or some other whatever the fuck brainless individual sniping off the point, so it's a 5x4. Also, my tanks are mentally disabled and walk off the tree when they are less than half health, DESPITE the tree providing heals. I've even typed in chat that I needed them to stay on point, but you can't argue reason where there aren't brain cells.

Played so much on these past 10 days that I've unlocked Ramattra, unlocked Lifeweaver, and reached 54 on the season pass to unlock Illari (if she ever gets trophies). I'll just wait and boost this in the future, I can't be wasting more time on a dumb RNG trophy like that.

The game is pretty fun outside of trophies though. Just wish the trophy list was a dumb easy list like Destiny 2 so I could just play the game for fun instead of being forced into a character for god knows how many hours until the stars align for you. It's really not a game that takes skill to get trophies, it's all just luck and being in the right place at the right time. Teamwipes are really easy to get if you can press the left dpad to mark an enemy player, I've had great success with my team converging on focusing fire on whatever target I've pinged and then the enemy team drops like dominoes until there are none left.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 11:31 AM, TheYuriG said:

I just never happen to get a 5v5, there is always a Widowmaker, Genji, Ana, Cassidy, Sombra, Tracer, or some other whatever the fuck brainless individual sniping off the point, so it's a 5x4.

I have same problem with Zenyatta. Got Rapid Discord legit but still didn't get his ult trophy, it's already 4 vs 5 due to how his ultimate works and cause of such teammates it's usually 3 vs 5 at best. That trophy was so much easier while OW was 6 vs 6.

13 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

I have same problem with Zenyatta. Got Rapid Discord legit but still didn't get his ult trophy, it's already 4 vs 5 due to how his ultimate works and cause of such teammates it's usually 3 vs 5 at best. That trophy was so much easier while OW was 6 vs 6.

I mathed it out and you should be able to get that, Giving Tree (Lifeweaver), and/or both Baptiste trophies by getting into a 5 players squad and doing self damage with Ashe (Dynamite) + Bastion (Grenade) + Soldier 76 (Missiles) + Zarya (alt ball attack) after playing enough to get the Ultimate with whatever character you need the trophies for. I couldn't actually test this strategy because my team chose to play legit instead (and we all finished that way), but it should be theoretically possible.

Play no-roles, get the ultimate ready, go back to spawn, and damage yourselves outside of the spawn area until everyone is nearly dead, then place the Tree within line of sight (or use the ultimate) and keep damaging yourselves while the Ultimate is in effect. You should be able to get 1500 healing done that way. Baptiste's number is high, but he is allowed to do it over several ultimates so it's not a big deal, just don't die and do it again, easy.