Insanity 1-3, Glitched or Not?

Alright, I beat the remastered trilogy when it first released in 2021, platinumed all three games and got every trophy except the three Insanity ones.

I cannot find a definitive answer anywhere. Been searching on here, EA's forums, and Reddit. I want to replay the game, from scratch, not new game plus. Will the Insanity trophies pop for each game or not?

Also as a note: I am wanting to NOT cheese anything.

Edited by Savantir07

37 minutes ago, Carmonkey94 said:

I played all 3 games from scratch on Insanity when the collection released and got the three trophies, never knew of that glitch.

I've just seen some people talking about how it sometimes hasn't unlocked. Perhaps they were talking about the cheese methods. Thanks for the quick response!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 2:23 PM, Savantir07 said:

Alright, I beat the remastered trilogy when it first released in 2021, platinumed all three games and got every trophy except the three Insanity ones.

I cannot find a definitive answer anywhere. Been searching on here, EA's forums, and Reddit. I want to replay the game, from scratch, not new game plus. Will the Insanity trophies pop for each game or not?

Also as a note: I am wanting to NOT cheese anything.

I just finished the third game, and the trophies popped no issue.  I even used a backup save, and dropped the difficulty to hijack a mech in ME3, and then went back to the previous unchanged save and the third trophy still popped.

I am not aware of any issue with these trophies popping.

Edited by Sir_Bee

• 1 month later...

ME2 Insanity didn't pop for me (free ps+ version).  Was forced to use the glitch.  Not sure why it did this.  I think it is very rare this happens cause I only seen it mentioned a few times.  I would consider it a non issue for anyone wanting to 100% the series.

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Johnnybaz85 said:

Jumping in to ask if the glitch works on latest patch as I have a digital copy. 

Honestly I don't see any reason to cheese insanity it's not hard at all. But I guess if want to, you can use the patch reverse trick if it's been patched.

Got the trophies recently, popped without issues. One thing though, on ME2 I had an instance near the end where the game crashed and when I reloaded the save I got a "Save File Corrupted" warning, but managed to load into normaly it by restarting the console, maybe keep backups saves just in case. When this happened, the settings reversed to default, things like auto-level up and squad powers, but the difficulty remained in Insanity. Don't know why this happened, but on all three games I selected Insanity form the main menu before starting a new game, and after this I was constantly checking to see if it was unaltered. Managed to do all trophies on insanity in all three games without cheesing or lowering the difficulty for specific ones (ME3 was definetly the hardest), so my tip is just go for it.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Don't know if this is the right place to post this but here goes

So I finished 1 and 2 on insanity, had a blast... but then the Overlord DLC was just hell and I didn't want to ruin my experience so I changed it to the lowest setting and finished it. Does this mean I am locked out of the trophy for 3?