This game vs Ferrari Challenge?

Rawzix

I was looking to buy the Ferrari games on the PS3 but can’t really see what the difference is between this one and Ferrari Challenge?

It says this game is an expanded sequel and it seems to have recycled content, so is it just the same game with minimal improvements or is it actually a different game with maybe new race tracks etc?

So I’m wondering if it’s worth getting both Ferrari Challenge and Ferrari The Race Experience or if that would just be playing the same game twice??

Edited by Rawzix

Calling Ferrari: The Race Experience a sequel to Ferrari Challenge is a bit of a stretch in my opinion, it's probably more accurate to call it a complete edition of some sorts. It features all the cars and tracks from the original game, the content of the two dlc packs (which adds a total of 10 additional cars and 2 new tracks to the game), two entirely new cars (the Ferrari 599X and the Ferrari 458 Italia), and a new career mode. If you just want to play one of the two games, then I'd recommend Ferrari: The Race Experience, since you're obviously getting more/better value for your money.

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Suminya said:

Calling Ferrari: The Race Experience a sequel to Ferrari Challenge is a bit of a stretch in my opinion, it's probably more accurate to call it a complete edition of some sorts. It features all the cars and tracks from the original game, the content of the two dlc packs (which adds a total of 10 additional cars and 2 new tracks to the game), two entirely new cars (the Ferrari 599X and the Ferrari 458 Italia), and a new career mode. If you just want to play one of the two games, then I'd recommend Ferrari: The Race Experience, since you're obviously getting more/better value for your money.

Ok thanks for info that’s what I thought it was as well. I’ll just get Ferrari: The Race Experience then since it’s the complete version, don’t really see the point in getting Challenge then since it’s just the same game. 

Also from the minimal research I could find about the game is that you can’t restart races in Ferrari: Challenge which you can in the newer edition. Not being able to restart a race while going for trophies sounds really annoying 

9 hours ago, Rawzix said:

Also from the minimal research I could find about the game is that you can’t restart races in Ferrari: Challenge which you can in the newer edition. Not being able to restart a race while going for trophies sounds really annoying 

Yeah, I faintly remember something similiar as well, having to quit the race if something went wrong and restart it from the menus. It's still doable of course but could get quite annoying at times, especially when playing on the highest difficulty.

9 hours ago, X_RaceKing_X said:

Where can you get The Race Experience? I thought it was digital only, discs being ultra rare.

For collection purposes I have the case for the game but it is disguised with a digital only code inside, that is expired

Since it was only released in Europe, your only real option is trying to find a copy on one of the European eBay sites. And while it's true that there aren't that many copies floating around these days, it's not impossible to find a decently priced copy between 10-20€. The cheapest offers seem to come from private sellers in Germany, who are only willing to ship within Germany, unfortunately. The cheapest offer that can be shipped worldwide, seems to be this one from France - but I have my doubts about the shipping costs. It lists $5.50 for every single country I've tested, and I highly doubt that shipping from France from Germany is the same as shipping from France to the US. So I would inquire beforehand and ask what it actually costs to ship the game to your location, just to be sure.

It's only the cover that's in French btw, the game itself is multilingual and fully playable in English.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, X_RaceKing_X said:

[...] discs being ultra rare.

I see them all the time in second hand stores and bargain bins in Sweden and the other Northern countries.

The game is more garbage than rare.

Edit: In 20 seconds I found a disc copy for €9

Edited by grifteskymfning

3 hours ago, Suminya said:

Since it was only released in Europe, your only real option is trying to find a copy on one of the European eBay sites. And while it's true that there aren't that many copies floating around these days, it's not impossible to find a decently priced copy between 10-20€. The cheapest offers seem to come from private sellers in Germany, who are only willing to ship within Germany, unfortunately. The cheapest offer that can be shipped worldwide, seems to be this one from France - but I have my doubts about the shipping costs. It lists $5.50 for every single country I've tested, and I highly doubt that shipping from France from Germany is the same as shipping from France to the US. So I would inquire beforehand and ask what it actually costs to ship the game to your location, just to be sure.

Thanks! This was actually a huge help. I went ahead and bought it and it was 30$USD in total! I have bought many European only releases since most games have different versions or lists over there and the artwork being different, which is cool since I'm a big physical collector. 

3 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

I see them all the time in second hand stores and bargain bins in Sweden and the other Northern countries.

The game is more garbage than rare.

Edit: In 20 seconds I found a disc copy for €9

I couldn't find that listing you mentioned, as I always have to check the listings for actual pictures of the disc. Most listings are new/sealed copies but thats for a digital only code that is expired. They were harder to find a year ago and I guess some are popping back up again. I just wanted a chance to play the game again since it's been years, I know its bad lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, X_RaceKing_X said:

I couldn't find that listing you mentioned, as I always have to check the listings for actual pictures of the disc. Most listings are new/sealed copies but thats for a digital only code that is expired. They were harder to find a year ago and I guess some are popping back up again. I just wanted a chance to play the game again since it's been years, I know its bad lol

Oh, I am sorry. I meant that I found that copy on a swedish site, just because they're all around. The swedish seller does ship worldwide.

https://www.tradera.com/item/302559/564130304/ps3-playstation-ferrari-the-race-experience

• Like 1

On 2023-04-16 at 5:55 AM, X_RaceKing_X said:

Where can you get The Race Experience? I thought it was digital only, discs being ultra rare.

For collection purposes I have the case for the game but it is disguised with a digital only code inside, that is expired

I bought it from the site that grifteskymfning linked, I’m skeptical if the seller ships worldwide but it seems you found a copy anyways ?

Edited by Rawzix