Playstation 4 controller - L2 trigger making a crunching sound

Latannia

I picked up an extra controller in November when I went to pick up my Playstation 4, but I never checked to see if it was in all working order...

It just sits there in the charging dock , waiting to be used while I mainly use the controller that came with my PS4, and yesterday I decided to look at it and started pressing all the buttons, but I noticed that the L2 trigger was making a horrible crunching sound when I pushed down on it. I think it's probably too late to take it back to the store so I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and if there's a way to fix it myself without damaging the controller.

I would call Sony (or read the package, if you still have it) and see if the controller has some kind of warranty. I know Sony will replace defective controllers that were included with PS4 systems but I'm not sure about standalone purchases. 

Parker

Hopefully they get it fixed for you. I know the DS4 I bought separately to see how I would like the controller has really noisy buttons compared to the one that came with the PS4, specifically the  :triangle:  :cross:  :circle:  :square: . It's actually rather noticeable even when wearing headphones and having various in game sounds going.

The controller does make a fair but of noise though. Every now and then I hear a crackly click on the triggers. I guess it's just part of the construction, or I've dropped it too many times from falling asleep in my chair.

Not that I notice it much anyway, I'm either having a burst of laughter from my own online failures or listening to loud music from my computer anyway.