Career mode guide

On 07/06/2023 at 9:26 PM, Ghost-TeamX said:

Thanks for the great thread guys, very valuable information!

In terms of overall time investment, what is the approximate length for completing long and medium careers respectively?

It's nice to see you here. The good thing about each career is that you can idle the endurance races just like you did in the original & considering you already did that you'll know what to do. I think the cars de spawn quicker here so you can sit in the pit for the really long races if you want.

On 08/06/2023 at 4:07 PM, Ghost-TeamX said:

Nice, thanks for the precise numbers. And in terms of difficulty, are the time trials also affected by the difficulty settings or just the races?

I think everything is affected by it but the requirements will be a lot stricter but only a few tests will take a few tries. There isn't really anything like the original except Brands Hatch & Spa so it's a lot more doable.

1 hour ago, Mystic_Snake said:

By the way @Destructor-8, you was right about the Bentley! It's really better to choose this car because I could beat the event of Silverstone in a matter of just 3 laps instead of many laps with the Porsche GT3. Also, I tried to beat the gold time at SPA from the single player mode and I could do it with the Bentley in just 4 laps with a agressive setup! 

That's good, it's a lot smoother for that track as it takes the turns really well. It's good you got that done.

On 2023-06-09 at 5:25 PM, Destructor-8 said:

It's nice to see you here. The good thing about each career is that you can idle the endurance races just like you did in the original & considering you already did that you'll know what to do. I think the cars de spawn quicker here so you can sit in the pit for the really long races if you want.

I think everything is affected by it but the requirements will be a lot stricter but only a few tests will take a few tries. There isn't really anything like the original except Brands Hatch & Spa so it's a lot more doable.

That's good, it's a lot smoother for that track as it takes the turns really well. It's good you got that done.

Exactly, be able to do idle the endurance races help a lot to avoid time-consuming. I could do other stuff while letting the game and the timer running. But be careful, you have to switch driver because if you don't, you will not get the gold medal, So you have at least to switch two times during the endurance races. 

Yes for me the toughest event is the Brands Hatch. With the Bentley, SPA is more doable than before with the Porsche. I recorded a video and will post it on my first post.

I got the trophy for achieving the medium career mode so I'm doing the long career mode and I'm on the Weekend Race Zolder with two races of 1 hour (3 qualifying sessions of 15 minutes also)?

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jorge-14-g_YT said:

1.9 still doesn't work?? I'm fisinish Monza 1h and have none medals.

I didn't try it out to finish a endurance race with the latest patch because I'm doing the long career mode and I don't wanna waste time to lose few hours and delete and reinstall the game and always check to pause the update being downloaded because even if I use the disc version, the console thinks I have the digital PS5 version because I have the PS4 digital version.

Anyway, you seems that you finish on the first position or at least on the top 3 for the first endurance race but you didn't get any medal with the latest patch. So unfortunately, it still doesn't work and you have to own the disc version to be able to get the gold medal for all endurance race.

Actually when you read the patch notes from the latest patch, they don't even mention that they fix this issue but some other issues : https://support.505games.com/hc/en-us/articles/9482500720796-Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-XSX-PS5-v1-9-1-Patch-Notes-2023-July-6-

I'm sorry to hear that and you might confirm that even with the latest patch, the endurance races are still broken for getting the gold medal.

After I'm done with the long career mode, will start a short career mode again with the latest version and will try also to finish the endurance race and check if I will get the gold medal or not.

Edited by Mystic_Snake

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-07-06 at 5:31 PM, Jorge-14-g_YT said:

1.9 still doesn't work?? I'm fisinish Monza 1h and have none medals.

I can confirm that with the latest patch that getting the gold medal for the endurance races is still not working. 

So you have to own the disc version to be able to get the gold medal for every endurance race unfortunately.

Anyway it was obvious because when you read the patch notes from the latest patch, they don't mention that they fix that so we need to be patient again.

I think 1.9 did fix the silverstone test "glitch" that makes the track dry up. Idled it for an hour and the track was still wet, while on the base version it was fast after about the same time. 

So unless I did something wrong, the silverstone test is now also best done on the disc version. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Speakrr said:

I think 1.9 did fix the silverstone test "glitch" that makes the track dry up. Idled it for an hour and the track was still wet, while on the base version it was fast after about the same time. 

So unless I did something wrong, the silverstone test is now also best done on the disc version. 

Thank you for this useful feedback :)!

I didn't go until the Silverstone test because I thought it was still working but you did right to do it and so they fixed this glitch. Anyway, at the moment, the disc version is the best version to use if future players want to at least obtain 97% of the trophies because the trophy "Special Event" is still not obtainable unfortunately.

• Like 1

I found this in another forum:

ACC update 1.009.002 Patch Notes – August 1, 2023
Fixed a track limits detection issue at Laguna Seca.

– Fixed a potential brake ducts bug during pitstops

– BOP fine tuning for Kyalami, Donington, Spa and Nurburgring.

– BMW Sim Attack liveries

On 2023-07-26 at 6:37 AM, cdinissantos said:

Thanks for the info, I need to get the disc.

I already got the Special Event, it was taken at the beginning of the year. I only need these 3 career trophies to get plat.

Lucky one you got already the Special Event so good luck with the three career trophies. You'll be fine because it's just time-consuming and you can AFK the endurance races by despawn the IA. 

On 2023-08-02 at 1:15 PM, Jorge-14-g_YT said:

Anyone can confirm still doesn't work on 1.9.2.0?? The special events doesn't work but the resistance? No patch notes think.

Yes I can confirm because anyway the patch notes doesn't mention any fix about trophies. Also the special event is still unavailable. We just need to be more patient. To do that, just play another game. Currently, I'm playing Deathloop on my new Canadian account. I decided finally to slowly move from my european account to my Canadian account because it will be easier for purchases games, use voucher codes, get a better latency for multiplayer sessions etc. But I will keep my European account and my subscription because wanna play some games from the PS+

10 hours ago, cdinissantos said:

I found this in another forum:

ACC update 1.009.002 Patch Notes – August 1, 2023
Fixed a track limits detection issue at Laguna Seca.

– Fixed a potential brake ducts bug during pitstops

– BOP fine tuning for Kyalami, Donington, Spa and Nurburgring.

– BMW Sim Attack liveries

Just a reminder, there is an official web page that you can follow the update of the games and the details of each patch notes : https://support.505games.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005275719-Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-PC-PS5-XsX-S-

You can even now follow the updates and they will send you email about any future updates.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think I've just screwed myself out of the gold medal right at the end of the short career. In the test at Spa before the endurance race I got a silver, so I hit restart and then quit to check and start again. It still said I was gold in the menu. I did the test session again, got gold and now it says I'm silver in the menu. Guess I'm doing the short career again.

2 hours ago, stpatty said:

I think I've just screwed myself out of the gold medal right at the end of the short career. In the test at Spa before the endurance race I got a silver, so I hit restart and then quit to check and start again. It still said I was gold in the menu. I did the test session again, got gold and now it says I'm silver in the menu. Guess I'm doing the short career again.

I think we mentioned this at the beginning of this topic but yes, NEVER restart an event from the option menu or else, the game will always register your first result.

ALWAYS finish the events with a gold medal.

I'm sorry to hear that you have to do all over again with the short career.

But you said you got silver, but currently with the latest patch, you should just get a none medal so are you playing with the disc or digital version?

I think we mentioned this at the beginning of this topic but yes, NEVER restart an event from the option menu or else, the game will always register your first result.

ALWAYS finish the events with a gold medal.

I'm sorry to hear that you have to do all over again with the short career.

But you said you got silver, but currently with the latest patch, you should just get a none medal so are you playing with the disc or digital version?

PS4, disc, v1.7.2

Since I went back to this a few weeks ago I've finished the trophies for every car/track and winning a championship. I got a gold medal in the career in every event up until the Spa test.

41 minutes ago, stpatty said:

PS4, disc, v1.7.2

Since I went back to this a few weeks ago I've finished the trophies for every car/track and winning a championship. I got a gold medal in the career in every event up until the Spa test.

I made a back up save after every gold I got plus you'll want to make another during that last endurance event just in case. It has to be finished offline though as it crashes on Spa endurance as soon as you cross the line.

1 minute ago, Destructor-8 said:

I made a back up save after every gold I got plus you'll want to make another during that last endurance event just in case. It has to be finished offline though as it crashes on Spa endurance as soon as you cross the line.

When I got the silver at Spa I backed up my save after I'd gone back to the menu and it still said gold. Overwriting my last save from a week ago. Whoops.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/24/2023 at 5:45 PM, Destructor-8 said:

Monza Lamborghini Programmes

Test 3 - 1.58.000 or under here.

Brands Hatch Performance Test

Target - 11.10.000 (easy), 11.00.000 (medium), 10.50.000 (hard)

I'm trying career on normal and for 3rd Monza test I had to do a lap below 1:56.000 to get the gold.

For Brands Hatch, going below 11:00.000 yields only silver (and if you go above, bronze) I don't even want to think what hard difficulty requires...

The difficulty balance is horrible. I smoke the AI in the races on normal but those gold tests requirements are insane in comparison.

Seeing how generally buggy career mode is, I think I'll pass. Which is a shame since aside from boring grinds (there really should be AI taking over when you're switching drivers during races) it really pushes you to get better.

• 4 weeks later...

Today I successfully completed my short career with all gold medals. (PS4 digital Version 1.7.2 played on PS5)

Now i start the long career and after that the medium.

Is the PS5 Version career still bugged?? Can i get the 3 career trophies only with the disc Version without Updates?

Edited by I-MoLLi-I
Question

On 10/4/2023 at 5:38 PM, JackieBladeOFFI said:

Hey, I have an issue with Fuel consumption, even though after the first race I set it all off it still runs out. How after all those patches this is the problem? 

You can normally disable the fuel consumption from the options menu or when you start a career mode, don't remember exactly. Guessing you're playing on the PS5 version?

On 12/3/2023 at 6:48 PM, I-MoLLi-I said:

Today I successfully completed my short career with all gold medals. (PS4 digital Version 1.7.2 played on PS5)

Now i start the long career and after that the medium.

Is the PS5 Version career still bugged?? Can i get the 3 career trophies only with the disc Version without Updates?

Hi, congrats by finishing the short career. So are you playing with the PS5 disc version?

You do right to start the long career cause it's long and better to finish with a short or a medium career. 

Yes I believe that the PS5 version for the career mode is still bugged with the latest version of the game. I have to play the original version of the game from the PS5 version to be able to unlock the gold medal from the endurance races. Do not install the latest patch! It's really annoying because each time you turn on your console, the game wants to be updated and you have to pause or delete the downloading. It's really an hassle, so good luck with that 🙏

• Like 1

You can normally disable the fuel consumption from the options menu or when you start a career mode, don't remember exactly. Guessing you're playing on the PS5 version?

Hi, congrats by finishing the short career. So are you playing with the PS5 disc version?

You do right to start the long career cause it's long and better to finish with a short or a medium career. 

Yes I believe that the PS5 version for the career mode is still bugged with the latest version of the game. I have to play the original version of the game from the PS5 version to be able to unlock the gold medal from the endurance races. Do not install the latest patch! It's really annoying because each time you turn on your console, the game wants to be updated and you have to pause or delete the downloading. It's really an hassle, so good luck with that 🙏

I play the digital PS4 version with all Updates on the PS5. Yesterday I was able to complete my long career. I tried something with success 😁 I created and uploaded a save in the last lap of the last race in this career. After that I started the physical PS5 version with no updates and no save game. This loaded the PS4 save and allowed me to complete the last lap of the last race. As a result, I have now the trophy for the long career for both versions with just playing once.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 10:24 PM, mattaman_PL said:

Any one knows why my ps5 disc version doesn't load it's just black screen. 

Hi, I did some tests to be sure that I don't have this problem, so :

- I already installed the PS5 digital version and I inserted the Blu-ray and it works

- I uninstall the game and re-installed the PS5 physic version without the latest patch and it works

I didn't have a black screen so maybe there is a physical problem with your Blu-ray player from your PS5 but if another game works, then maybe it just the Blu-ray itself which got some cracks. 

Did you do try to load the game since then?

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2023 at 4:24 AM, mattaman_PL said:

Any one knows why my ps5 disc version doesn't load it's just black screen. 

Same problem for me, maybe the day one edition does not work? It says version 1.007.006 after installing the game. 

Is it possible to upgrade to 1.7.6.1 with a usb?