Career mode guide

Hi everyone,

I created this topic to share my experience with the career mode and how to get the gold medal for each event of the career mode.

I strongly advise that you also share your tips and experience about it and I will add, update and gather all useful information here.

Before describing each event, here some recommendations to set up the career mode:

1. Always choose the easy difficulty because you just have to complete the career mode on any difficulty and the difficulty affects the times required for the test events some are tough like Brands Hatch and SPA
  2. For driving settings, disable tires and gas.
  3. Always save your progress on the Cloud after each event by betting the gold medal and disabling the automatic saving on the cloud. You have to do it manually.
  4. Always save your progress during the race or test event if you can't play a lot of time or by accident, the game crashes.
  5. During the race, it's fine to cut the track but remember that you always need to be the fastest lap for each session (training and qualifying only)
  6. To get the gold medal during the race, you don't need to finish always in the first position but just require to finish in the top 3
  7. The points that you acquire don't really matter and don't affect the overall medal, just be sure that the current medal is gold after each event
  8. Depending on the version of the game, you might need to play offline but will tell it if it's needed

Video from Blu3_Angels which help me a lot for the setup of the Porsche GT3:

Short career mode

List of events from the short career mode (played with the latest versions on PS5 so should work on the latest version 1.8.6.1 otherwise will make a note in red):

1. The first test at Monza: no medal required, your result will just determine the difficulty but choose the easy difficulty obviously
  2. Second and third tests at Monza: you just have to get the fastest lap in wet condition and you have to finish under 1:58:00 in night condition to get the gold medal
  3. Week-end Sprint Race Zolder: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the first position for the two races (20min each)
  4. Brands Hatch Performance Test:  you have to beat 7 laps under 11:10:000 on easy difficulty to get the gold medal. Here is my lap time for each
    1. 1:33:715
    2. 1:34:080
    3. 1:33:940
    4. 1:33:710
    5. 1:33:692
    6. 1:34:195
    7. 1:34:826
    8. Total time: 11:08:158
  5. Week-end Sprint Race Brands Hatch: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the first position for the two races (20min each)
  6. Fifth test at Misano: you have to do a lap time under 1:46:000 to get the gold medal. I did it with a time of 1:45:937
  7. Week-end Sprint Race Misano: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the first position for the two races (20min each)
  8. Week-end Sprint Race Hungaroring: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the first position for the two races (20min each)
  9. Sixth test at Nurburgring: you have to do a lap time under 2:03:000 to get the gold medal. I did it with a time of 2:02:677
  10. Week-end Sprint Race Nurburgring GP: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the first position for the two races (20min each)
  11. Seasonal endurance tests - Paul Ricard:  you have to do a lap time under 2:03:000 to get the gold medal. I did it with a time of 2:02:392
  12. 3 hours endurance race weekend at Monza: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session (5min three times) and finish in the top 3 for the race (1 hour). Work only on the disc version which is 1.7.6.1 and play offline in case. Currently not working on the latest version 1.8.11.1
  13. 3 hours endurance race weekend at Silverstone: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session (5min three times) and finish in the top 3 for the race (1 hour). Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.
  14. Eighth test at Silverstone: not done yet. Ok I did it finally in 2:04:492 and I used dry tires instead of wet and the setup from this very useful video of Blu3_Angels. Got the gold medal with the latest version 1.8.11.1
  15. Third endurance race at Paul Ricard: not done yet. Again, doesn't work with the latest version because I got none medal after two tries! So I could get the gold medal only with the disc version again! But it was really glitchy because my car was impossible to drive when I had to break and had a hard time to block the AI opponents to make them go to the pit stop, especially the leader. So I finished the race on the second place, but it's enough to get the gold medal because remember, the requirement is just to finish on the top 3. 
  16. Ninth and last test at Spa-Francorchamps: not done yet. I finally did it after more than 5 hours of trying! It's definitely not worth it to choose the Porsche GT3 for the second half of the career mode because of this event. Like Destructor_8 advised, it's better to choose the Bentley GT. Plus, I remember that I got the trophy related to SPA with this car in less than one hour. Check my Youtube video about this lap
  17. Fourth endurance race at Spa-Francorchamps: Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.
  18. Fifth and last endurance race at Barcelona: Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.

Be aware that the lap time required for the test events that I indicated but there are not sure 100%. The lap time I did each time give me the gold medal so it will help you to have an idea of what lap time you should do so try to do like me.

Your feedback about it will be very much appreciated so don't hesitate to post here and I will update my post to be able to have the most complete career mode guide of ACC on the console version. 

Update:

I finally got the trophy Sprint by achieving a short career mode with a gold medal!

Medium career mode

List of events from the medium career mode (played with the latest versions on PS5 so should work on the latest version 1.8.11.1 otherwise will make a note in red):

1. The first test at Monza: no medal required, your result will just determine the difficulty but choose the easy difficulty obviously
  2. Second test Monza: You have to get the fastest lap in rain condition under 2:06:000. I did it in 2:05:095. Check my YouTube video about this lap.
  3. Third test Monza: you just have to get the fastest lap in night condition under 1:58:000 to get the gold medal. I did it in 1:57:955. Check my YouTube Video about this lap.
  4. Week-end Sprint Race Zolder: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the two races
    1. Free training - 10 minutes
    2. Qualifying 1 - 10 minutes
    3. Qualifying 2 - 10 minutes
    4. Race 1 - 40 minutes
    5. Race 2 - 40 minutes
  5. Brands Hatch Performance Test:  you have to beat 7 laps under 11:10:000 on easy difficulty to get the gold medal. Here is my lap time for each
    1. Outlap
    2. 1:34:167
    3. 1:33:957
    4. 1:34:115
    5. 1:34:032
    6. 1:33:877
    7. 1:34:230
    8. Total time: 11:09:061
  6. Week-end Sprint Race Brands Hatch: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the two races to get the gold medal
    4. Race 1 - 40 minutes
    5. Race 2 - 40 minutes
  7. Fifth test at Misano: you have to do a lap time under 1:46:000 to get the gold medal. I did it in 1:45:014
  8. Week-end Sprint Race Misano: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the first position for the two races
    4. Race 1 - 40 minutes
    5. Race 2 - 40 minutes
  9. Week-end Sprint Race Hungaroring: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the two races
    4. Race 1 - 40 minutes
    5. Race 2 - 40 minutes
  10. Sixth test at Nurburgring: you have to do a lap time under 2:03:000 to get the gold medal. I did it in 2:01:462
  11. Week-end Sprint Race Nurburgring GP: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the two races
    4. Race 1 - 40 minutes
    5. Race 2 - 40 minutes
  12. Seasonal endurance tests - Paul Ricard:  you have to do a lap time under 2:03:000 to get the gold medal. I did it with a time of 2:02:695. Check my YouTube video about this lap
  13. 3 hours endurance race weekend at Monza: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the race. Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.
    4. Qualifying 3 - 10 minutes
    5. Race 1 - 2 hours
  14. 3 hours endurance race weekend at Silverstone: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the race. Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.
    5. Race 1 - 2 hours
  15. Eighth test at Silverstone: you have to do a lap time under 2:04:500 to get the gold medal. I did it with a time of 2:04:290. Check my YouTube video about this lap
  16. Third endurance race at Paul Ricard: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for race. Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.
    5. Race 1 - 3 hours
  17. Ninth and last test at Spa-Francorchamps:  you have to do a lap time under 2:24:000 to get the gold medal. I did it with a time of 2:03:802. Check my YouTube video  2:23:842
  18. Fourth endurance race at Spa-Francorchamps: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for race. Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.
    5. Race 1 - 8 hours
  19. Fifth and last endurance race at Barcelona: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the race. Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.
    5. Race 1 - 2 hours

Update:

I finally got the trophy Tour by achieving a medium career mode with a gold medal!

Long career mode

List of events from the long career mode (played with the latest versions on PS5 so should work on the latest version 1.8.11.1 otherwise will make a note in red):

2. Second test Monza: You have to get the fastest lap in rain condition under 2:06:000. I did it in .
  3. Third test Monza: you just have to get the fastest lap in night condition under 1:58:000 to get the gold medal. I did it in .
  4. Week-end Sprint Race Zolder: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the two races
    1. Free training - 15 minutes
    2. Qualifying 1 - 15 minutes
    3. Qualifying 2 - 15 minutes
    4. Race 1 - 1 hour
    5. Race 2 - 1 hour
  5. Brands Hatch Performance Test:  you have to beat 7 laps under 11:10:000 on easy difficulty to get the gold medal. Here is my lap time for each
    1. Outlap
    8. Total time:
  6. Week-end Sprint Race Brands Hatch: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the two races to get the gold medal
    4. Race 1 - 1 hour
    5. Race 2 - 1 hour
  7. Fifth test at Misano: you have to do a lap time under 1:46:000 to get the gold medal. I did it in 
  8. Week-end Sprint Race Misano: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the first position for the two races
    4. Race 1 - 1 hour
    5. Race 2 - 1 hour
  9. Week-end Sprint Race Hungaroring: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the two races
    4. Race 1 - 1 hour
    5. Race 2 - 1 hour
  10. Sixth test at Nurburgring: you have to do a lap time under 2:03:000 to get the gold medal. I did it in 2:02:470
  11. Week-end Sprint Race Nurburgring GP: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the two races
    4. Race 1 - 1 hour
    5. Race 2 - 1 hour
  12. Seasonal endurance tests - Paul Ricard:  you have to do a lap time under 2:03:000 to get the gold medal. I did it with a time of
  13. 3 hours endurance race weekend at Monza: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the race. Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.
    4. Qualifying 3 - 15 minutes
    5. Race 1 - 2 hours
  14. 3 hours endurance race weekend at Silverstone: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the race. Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.
    5. Race 1 - 2 hours
  15. Eighth test at Silverstone: you have to do a lap time under 2:04:500 to get the gold medal. I did it with a time of 2:04:263
  16. Third endurance race at Paul Ricard: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for race. Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.
    5. Race 1 - 6 hours
  17. Ninth and last test at Spa-Francorchamps:  you have to do a lap time under 2:24:000 to get the gold medal. I did it with a time of  2:23:832
  18. Fourth endurance race at Spa-Francorchamps: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for race. Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.
    5. Race 1 - 12 hours
  19. Fifth and last endurance race at Barcelona: you just have to get the fastest lap for each session and finish in the top 3 for the race. Only did it with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and online so don't know if it works with the latest version.
    5. Race 1 - 3 hours

Update:

I finally got the trophy Marathon by achieving a long career mode with a gold medal!

Edited by Mystic_Snake
Update finished the long career mode
  • Like 4

I would say sticking with the Porsche is the best option. You will get used to it the more you use it. I did the long career first with no afk which makes you learn the tracks the best way. I used the aggressive setup on my car with only 10L of fuel for basically every track. Here are my times with the Porsche:

Monza Night Test 2: Gold - 02:02.926

Monza Test 3: Gold - 01:55.058

Brands Hatch: 

01:41.100(Outlap)

01:32.427

01:31.536

01:32.226

01:31.683

01:31.437

01:32.349

Total time: 10:52.483

Misano: 01:37:457

Nurburgring: 01:58.672

Paul Ricard: 01:58:138

Silverstone: 02:00.347 (For this one i waited 30-40 mins until the track was «optimal/dry/fast»)

Spa-Francorchamps: 02:20.469

Like others have been saying, its not an easy game but with 3-12 hours of driving on a track really makes a difference?

• Like 1

On 2023-04-24 at 11:45 AM, Destructor-8 said:

I'll add my own tips here for the career as well as well as recommendations for events to confirm how best to approach it. I haven't got videos of the first few events as well as the races however I have the majority of the tests uploaded. I did everything on the ps4 version back in november so any update since then might have changed something, but not too sure.

I'll might repeat some stuff above but I'll post anyway to confirm.

General Tips / Recommendations

- The length of the career only affects the length of races/endurance races, whilst the tests will be the same.

- The points & progress percentage throughout should always be the same regardless of the length.

- If you attempt an event then the amount of restarts won't affect the medal, crossing the line does so make sure you are satisfied with the result.

- It's important to win every practice, qualifying & race whilst making sure you get the fastest lap.

- If you get any invalid laps during these then that's fine, as long as you are the fastest overall.

- The endurance races are the same, but it's worth despawning the AI as I'll explain later.

- It's required to swap drivers, tires & refuel during these or you will get disqualified, so make sure each icon is green.

- The tests it's highly recommended to have as few laps as possible even if you set the required time. I have been fast enough during these & not made gold.

- The tests are best to have one out lap, a gold medal lap & a cooldown lap where you will wait at the finish line.

- I recommend to save just before you start your gold medal lap so that you can efficiently put in attempts until fast enough.

- If you get the time that you need then don't do anymore lap & simply wait at the finish line until the timer runs out then finish.

- If you get gold on an event, back up your save to the cloud just in case & do this every time when you are satisfied with the result.

- It's alright to save during events & quit before continuing where you left off. It's fine to still back up as long as you are in a position where you will eventually get the medal. I definitely would back up fully during endurance races in case of crashes especially once you cross the line since an auto save triggers here, meaning you will have to do the entire race again. The only known event to consistently crash is the final endurance event at Spa so you will have to save before you cross the line, back up, disconnect the internet, load game to then finish as normal. This always crashed during the ps4 version.

Endurance Races

It's possible to despawn the AI on these races which is useful since you can afk these if you want. The best way to do this is to find a part of the track that is low speed & has multiple corners in a row. The first chicane on Monza & the double hairpin turns at Silverstone are examples where you can block any cars & eventually make disappear into the pits. If you cut the track to park sideways then you can usually block quite a few each lap. It will take a few laps to make all disappear into the pits but this will mean that you can ultimately afk the rest of the race. The important things to remember are that you can save after each group has disappeared & just before the next lot come back around. The other thing is to make sure you complete laps until you are in first position whilst also performing the swaps for the drivers, tires & refuel so that those register as green / complete otherwise you will be disqualified when you finish. The last thing is to save every so often whilst you sit in the pits in case of any potential crashes that may happen.

Test requirements

I would recommend following my friend Blu3_Angels gold medals video for references especially for the first half where you will use the Porsche 2018 as well. I would choose the Bentley 2018 for the second half since the final test at Spa will be very difficult.

Time requirements are credit to Blu3_Angels here.

Monza Lamborghini Programmes

Test 1 - Time irrelvant since this will determine the difficulty of the career so pick easy after this.

Test 2 - I got a 2.04.433 here for gold so aim for under 2.05.000

Test 3 - 1.58.000 or under here.

Setup - Aggressive Preset

Brands Hatch Performance Test

Target - 11.10.000 (easy), 11.00.000 (medium), 10.50.000 (hard)

Reveal hidden contents

I got a 11.04.425 here with mid 1.32 up to 1.34 lap times.

It's best to aim for mid 1.33 lap times on easy here (invalid laps are fine).

It's possible to save scum after each lap apparently too.

Setup - Blu3_Angels

Misano Pirelli Wet Tyres Test

Target - 1.46.000 or under.

Reveal hidden contents

I got a 1.43.917 but you want to aim for a lap time of 1.45 here.

I recommend to make a save just before the last straight at the end of your out lap, put in the required time then wait at the finish until timer runs out.

Setup - Blu3_Angels

Nurburgring Braking System Performance Test

Target - 2.03.000 or under.

Reveal hidden contents

I got a 2.01.005 but you only need to aim for a 2.02 or less.

The same tips from above apply here too.

Setup - Blu3_Angels

Silverstone Engine Map R&D Test

Target - 2.04.500 or under.

Reveal hidden contents

I got a 2.03.048 but a low 2.04 is good enough here.

This time trial will be impossible in wet conditions so you must wait in the setup menu until the track dries before attempting this. If you wait around 20mins then it will say greasy to allow the best chance at setting a fast enough time. You will not set a lap fast enough if you are using a controller here whilst on a wet track.

Paul Ricard Seasonal Tests

Target - 2.03.000 or under

Reveal hidden contents

I got a 2.02.316 so anything around that will be fine.

The last straight it's possible to cut the track to set up your lap better however if you are too fast then your next lap will be invalidated, so lift off the throttle just before you enter the track to avoid this.

Spa Hotstint Session Final Test

Target - 2.24.000 or under.

Reveal hidden contents

I got a 2.23.856 here so I only just made it.

This is by far the toughest event & will require an incredibly good lap to pull off. I used the same setup the my friend bdias10 found. I would advise to not attempt this in the Porsche 2018 but instead the Bentley 2018 for a much better chance at making this time.

Setup - bdias10

I hope this post is helpful.

Thanks for your great and useful feedback about how you did the career mode!

You detailed everything so it's a great complementary to my post and will help people who choose the Bentley instead of the Porsche on the second part of the career mode.

17 minutes ago, iKriiiZz said:

I would say sticking with the Porsche is the best option. You will get used to it the more you use it. I did the long career first with no afk which makes you learn the tracks the best way. I used the aggressive setup on my car with only 10L of fuel for basically every track. Here are my times with the Porsche:

Monza Night Test 2: Gold - 02:02.926

Monza Test 3: Gold - 01:55.058

Brands Hatch: 

01:41.100(Outlap)

01:32.427

01:31.536

01:32.226

01:31.683

01:31.437

01:32.349

Total time: 10:52.483

Misano: 01:37:457

Nurburgring: 01:58.672

Paul Ricard: 01:58:138

Silverstone: 02:00.347 (For this one i waited 30-40 mins until the track was «optimal/dry/fast»)

Spa-Francorchamps: 02:20.469

Like others have been saying, its not an easy game but with 3-12 hours of driving on a track really makes a difference1f605.png

Thanks for your useful feedback!

Interesting setting about the Porsche, will try to do that then for the test event at Spa. I'm surprised by the gap difference between your lap time and the one from Destructor-8. If you recorded your hot lap for SPA, it would be appreciate to post it. I will do the same to show that it's possible also to do it with the Porsche.

So you did the long career mode without AFK and I'm impressed. You had a lot of time back then. You didn't get bored :D? Congrats about make it done!

By the way, on which version of the game did you get all your gold medal? Because on my side, the latest version is glitched for endurance races.

On 2.5.2023 at 0:28 AM, Mystic_Snake said:

Thanks for your useful feedback!

Interesting setting about the Porsche, will try to do that then for the test event at Spa. I'm surprised by the gap difference between your lap time and the one from Destructor-8. If you recorded your hot lap for SPA, it would be appreciate to post it. I will do the same to show that it's possible also to do it with the Porsche.

So you did the long career mode without AFK and I'm impressed. You had a lot of time back then. You didn't get bored :D? Congrats about make it done!

By the way, on which version of the game did you get all your gold medal? Because on my side, the latest version is glitched for endurance races.

The times i posted were from my short career mode so i did both the medium and the long one first. Helped a lot with my track times!

I dont have any videoes avout any gameplay, but if you want i can sure download the game and set some laps times and swnd it to you? Lets just say i didnt get those lap times the first time around hahah.

For the long career i just prepped some food and sat down. I actually really enjoyed it! Even tho it was long for sure.

Try just going into hotlaps on singleplayer and see what times you can do. There is a lot of time to be gaines by going full send through Radillion and Eau Rouge on Spa hahah.

I did everything on the updated version other than the 3 career trophies. I used the disc to play the unpatched version.

Feel free to send me a dm on playstation/discord if you need any help. I got the plat for this now so im happy to help!

Edited by iKriiiZz
What version i played on
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-05-02 at 2:13 PM, iKriiiZz said:

The times i posted were from my short career mode so i did both the medium and the long one first. Helped a lot with my track times!

I dont have any videoes avout any gameplay, but if you want i can sure download the game and set some laps times and swnd it to you1f601.png Lets just say i didnt get those lap times the first time around hahah.

For the long career i just prepped some food and sat down. I actually really enjoyed it! Even tho it was long for sure.

Try just going into hotlaps on singleplayer and see what times you can do. There is a lot of time to be gaines by going full send through Radillion and Eau Rouge on Spa hahah.

I did everything on the updated version other than the 3 career trophies. I used the disc to play the unpatched version.

Feel free to send me a dm on playstation/discord if you need any help. I got the plat for this now so im happy to help!

I think I'm gonna contact you because I really need help for the Brands Hatch performance test. I don't know how I did it the first time but I'm doing the medium career and yesterday, I did three times the event and couldn't barely reach under 11:10:XXX. My average time even with the Blu3_Angels setup is between 1:34:200 and 1:35:XXX with the Porsche GT3. It's frustrating me but I know I will be able to do it but will take again a good amount of time. 

You said you use the agressive setup so will try again tonight :)

By the way, your advice about SPA was useful, it was my main problem and also it's highly recommend to break late at the last corner because you can gain like 1 or 2 seconds. But this time, will use the Bentley GT when I get there during my medium career.

I can't get past the endurances, since i cba yet to get a physical copy. But I've tried some laps around Spa with the Bentley after doing everything with the Porsche. I could barely get it within 3 sec of the time after around 5'ish laps. Tried one lap in the Porsche and was within 1 second. This is probably 90% due to familiarity, but I still wouldn't switch after playing the entire career in the Porsche.

I definitely recommend trying a the Bentley on Spa outside the career mode before committing to it.

1 hour ago, Speakrr said:

I can't get past the endurances, since i cba yet to get a physical copy. But I've tried some laps around Spa with the Bentley after doing everything with the Porsche. I could barely get it within 3 sec of the time after around 5'ish laps. Tried one lap in the Porsche and was within 1 second. This is probably 90% due to familiarity, but I still wouldn't switch after playing the entire career in the Porsche.

I definitely recommend trying a the Bentley on Spa outside the career mode before committing to it.

Yes unfortunately, the only solution to get the gold medal during the endurances races is to own a physical copy because like I said, with the latest version, you get a none medal. Hopefully one day the developers will finally fix this high issue because it's really annoying to delete the game and install the original version. Plus, because back then I bought the PS4 version in discount, the PS5 consider even if I put my physical copy inside the Blu-ray player that I wanna install the digital PS5 version. So all the time, I have to pause or delete the automatic upgrade of the latest version.

Regarding SPA, I clearly remember that it was easy for me with the Bentley but for sure, I will first try to do it outside the career mode to feel if it's still the same. Like you, I really get used to drive with the Porsche.

Good news, I could finally get. the gold medal from the Brands Hatch performance test. It's really a matter of practice and retry one lap and I always saved my progress if I feel I did a good lap. 

Here each lap time I did:

1. Outlap
  8. Total time: 11:09:061 (medium career mode and easy difficulty)

I still used the setup from the same video from my first post but I changed a bit but seems not really significant actually.

So now it will be easy until the event test of Silverstone so will update you about it but I did a good step and really happy about it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mystic_Snake said:

Good news, I could finally get. the gold medal from the Brands Hatch performance test. It's really a matter of practice and retry one lap and I always saved my progress if I feel I did a good lap. 

Here each lap time I did:

1. Outlap
  8. Total time: 11:09:061 (medium career mode and easy difficulty)

I still used the setup from the same video from my first post but I changed a bit but seems not really significant actually.

So now it will be easy until the event test of Silverstone so will update you about it but I did a good step and really happy about it. 

Congrats on getting Brands Hatch done! The Porsche is really slippery around there?

Still, let me know if i can help with anything. This goes for everybody!

Good luck everybody!

On 24/4/2023 at 5:45 PM, Destructor-8 said:

I'll add my own tips here for the career as well as well as recommendations for events to confirm how best to approach it. I haven't got videos of the first few events as well as the races however I have the majority of the tests uploaded. I did everything on the ps4 version back in november so any update since then might have changed something, but not too sure.

I'll might repeat some stuff above but I'll post anyway to confirm.

General Tips / Recommendations

- The length of the career only affects the length of races/endurance races, whilst the tests will be the same.

- The points & progress percentage throughout should always be the same regardless of the length.

- If you attempt an event then the amount of restarts won't affect the medal, crossing the line does so make sure you are satisfied with the result.

- It's important to win every practice, qualifying & race whilst making sure you get the fastest lap.

- If you get any invalid laps during these then that's fine, as long as you are the fastest overall.

- The endurance races are the same, but it's worth despawning the AI as I'll explain later.

- It's required to swap drivers, tires & refuel during these or you will get disqualified, so make sure each icon is green.

- The tests it's highly recommended to have as few laps as possible even if you set the required time. I have been fast enough during these & not made gold.

- The tests are best to have one out lap, a gold medal lap & a cooldown lap where you will wait at the finish line.

- I recommend to save just before you start your gold medal lap so that you can efficiently put in attempts until fast enough.

- If you get the time that you need then don't do anymore lap & simply wait at the finish line until the timer runs out then finish.

- If you get gold on an event, back up your save to the cloud just in case & do this every time when you are satisfied with the result.

- It's alright to save during events & quit before continuing where you left off. It's fine to still back up as long as you are in a position where you will eventually get the medal. I definitely would back up fully during endurance races in case of crashes especially once you cross the line since an auto save triggers here, meaning you will have to do the entire race again. The only known event to consistently crash is the final endurance event at Spa so you will have to save before you cross the line, back up, disconnect the internet, load game to then finish as normal. This always crashed during the ps4 version.

Endurance Races

It's possible to despawn the AI on these races which is useful since you can afk these if you want. The best way to do this is to find a part of the track that is low speed & has multiple corners in a row. The first chicane on Monza & the double hairpin turns at Silverstone are examples where you can block any cars & eventually make disappear into the pits. If you cut the track to park sideways then you can usually block quite a few each lap. It will take a few laps to make all disappear into the pits but this will mean that you can ultimately afk the rest of the race. The important things to remember are that you can save after each group has disappeared & just before the next lot come back around. The other thing is to make sure you complete laps until you are in first position whilst also performing the swaps for the drivers, tires & refuel so that those register as green / complete otherwise you will be disqualified when you finish. The last thing is to save every so often whilst you sit in the pits in case of any potential crashes that may happen.

Test requirements

I would recommend following my friend Blu3_Angels gold medals video for references especially for the first half where you will use the Porsche 2018 as well. I would choose the Bentley 2018 for the second half since the final test at Spa will be very difficult.

Time requirements are credit to Blu3_Angels here.

Monza Lamborghini Programmes

Test 1 - Time irrelvant since this will determine the difficulty of the career so pick easy after this.

Test 2 - I got a 2.04.433 here for gold so aim for under 2.05.000

Test 3 - 1.58.000 or under here.

Brands Hatch Performance Test

Target - 11.10.000 (easy), 11.00.000 (medium), 10.50.000 (hard)

Reveal hidden contents

I got a 11.04.425 here with mid 1.32 up to 1.34 lap times.

It's best to aim for mid 1.33 lap times on easy here (invalid laps are fine).

It's possible to save scum after each lap apparently too.

Setup - Blu3_Angels

Misano Pirelli Wet Tyres Test

Target - 1.46.000 or under.

Reveal hidden contents

I got a 1.43.917 but you want to aim for a lap time of 1.45 here.

I recommend to make a save just before the last straight at the end of your out lap, put in the required time then wait at the finish until timer runs out.

Setup - Blu3_Angels

Nurburgring Braking System Performance Test

Target - 2.03.000 or under.

Reveal hidden contents

I got a 2.01.005 but you only need to aim for a 2.02 or less.

The same tips from above apply here too.

Setup - Blu3_Angels

Silverstone Engine Map R&D Test

Target - 2.04.500 or under.

Reveal hidden contents

I got a 2.03.048 but a low 2.04 is good enough here.

This time trial will be impossible in wet conditions so you must wait in the setup menu until the track dries before attempting this. If you wait around 20mins then it will say greasy to allow the best chance at setting a fast enough time. You will not set a lap fast enough if you are using a controller here whilst on a wet track.

Paul Ricard Seasonal Tests

Target - 2.03.000 or under

Hide contents

I got a 2.02.316 so anything around that will be fine.

The last straight it's possible to cut the track to set up your lap better however if you are too fast then your next lap will be invalidated, so lift off the throttle just before you enter the track to avoid this.

Spa Hotstint Session Final Test

Target - 2.24.000 or under.

Reveal hidden contents

I got a 2.23.856 here so I only just made it.

This is by far the toughest event & will require an incredibly good lap to pull off. I used the same setup the my friend bdias10 found. I would advise to not attempt this in the Porsche 2018 but instead the Bentley 2018 for a much better chance at making this time.

Setup - bdias10

I hope this post is helpful.

Great job mate. Did yuou use the joypad?
Edited by matrelli01

On 2023-05-20 at 4:13 AM, iKriiiZz said:

Congrats on getting Brands Hatch done! The Porsche is really slippery around there?

Still, let me know if i can help with anything. This goes for everybody!

Good luck everybody!

Thanks dude :)! The Porsche is great to drive especially for the corners but sometimes it gets slippery if you don't control well the break and acceleration. And for long straight, the Porsche is not that fast so you have to be fast with the corners. 

On 2023-05-22 at 4:10 AM, Smashguy said:

After beating two tests at monza (wet track and night) with gold results and the overall medal result is still silver. I can't understand why?

First of all, give us more context about which version are you playing with and on which console :)?

On my side, I'm playing with the latest PS5 version (digital version) and I got the overall gold medal after these two events. 

7 hours ago, matrelli01 said:

I can answer for myself and I play with a DS5 controller and I got the trophy for achieving the mode career with a short length. It's doable with a controller.

I saw your profile, you're really a fan of racing games, I love that!

I'm currently on the Week-end Sprint Race Misano on my medium career mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mystic_Snake said:

First of all, give us more context about which version are you playing with and on which console :)?

On my side, I'm playing with the latest PS5 version (digital version) and I got the overall gold medal after these two events.

I am playing with the latest PS4 version (digital version 1.7.2) and I got the overall gold medal these two events then I go continue career then the overall medal is still silver. :(

Collateral Damage trophy is still glitched on the latest PS4 version. I got Destruction Derby trophy, not Collateral Damage trophy. I might try in the 1.00 version if I disable the updates.

2 hours ago, Mystic_Snake said:

Thanks dude :)! The Porsche is great to drive especially for the corners but sometimes it gets slippery if you don't control well the break and acceleration. And for long straight, the Porsche is not that fast so you have to be fast with the corners. 

I can answer for myself and I play with a DS5 controller and I got the trophy for achieving the mode career with a short length. It's doable with a controller.

I saw your profile, you're really a fan of racing games, I love that!

I'm currently on the Week-end Sprint Race Misano on my medium career mode.

Thanks ? I love racing games... Did you play the entire game with a DS5? 

I would like to start GT sport and AC with my ds4...

10 hours ago, matrelli01 said:

Yeah I used controller for this too. The only settings I ever changed was the speed sensitivity to 70% which is similar to what I have when I did the original game. I find 70-75% to be the sweet spot to do these games on a controller but for this I lowered it slightly here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, matrelli01 said:

Thanks 1f642.png I love racing games... Did you play the entire game with a DS5? 

They both are great racing games but GT Sport online is very time consuming because of 65 poles, 91 wins and 322 races. AC on extreme career mode is stupidly long and boring. Good luck in your pursuit of their plats. :)

Edited by Smashguy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Smashguy said:

They both are great racing games but GT Sport online is very time consuming because of 65 poles, 91 wins and 322 races. AC on extreme career mode is stupidly long and boring. Good luck in your pursuit of both plats. :)

I got the plat for GT Sport with an old account... But I suppose the on line is quite empty 

On 2023-05-23 at 1:06 PM, Smashguy said:

I am playing with the latest PS4 version (digital version 1.7.2) and I got the overall gold medal these two events then I go continue career then the overall medal is still silver. :(

Collateral Damage trophy is still glitched on the latest PS4 version. I got Destruction Derby trophy, not Collateral Damage trophy. I might try in the 1.00 version if I disable the updates.

I can finally reply to you now. So sorry to hear that again, that's really unfortunate! Seems the PS4 version is more broken for achieving trophies than the PS5 version. I hope you have a backup save before you did the Brands hatch test event?

Oh really surprising that this trophy is glitched on the latest PS4 version. I got it first try with the PS5 version. Yes you should definitely try it again with the physical version if you have it. 

On 2023-05-23 at 1:29 PM, matrelli01 said:

Thanks 1f642.png I love racing games... Did you play the entire game with a DS5? 

If you're talking about ACC, yes I'm playing it with a DS5.

I played also AC on PS4 with a DS4 but I didn't want to be bother with the hard trophies. I just did what I could, that's it. 

For GT Sport, I played with a steering wheel back then but the main problem for me was the time-consuming and skills depended on the online trophies. I don't have time anymore for these kind of trophies. But I see you're working on it so good luck that this :)

On 2023-05-23 at 2:10 PM, Destructor-8 said:

Yeah I used controller for this too. The only settings I ever changed was the speed sensitivity to 70% which is similar to what I have when I did the original game. I find 70-75% to be the sweet spot to do these games on a controller but for this I lowered it slightly here.

I should try that too, I think I did changed but didn't feel the difference but will try again.

On 2023-05-23 at 2:15 PM, Smashguy said:

They both are great racing games but GT Sport online is very time consuming because of 65 poles, 91 wins and 322 races. AC on extreme career mode is stupidly long and boring. Good luck in your pursuit of their plats. :)

Exactly, I couldn't even get a pole position and even if I do, during the races, there are always dumb players who will screw your race...

I did AC on extreme career, it's not that bad actually. It's just to play a real time race so I was listening to music or podcast during these races ?. The career mode on ACC is also stupidly long because you have to do three times and boring too because the career mode has no goal. My favorite career mode still remains for Project Cars.

On 2023-05-23 at 2:23 PM, matrelli01 said:

I got the plat for GT Sport with an old account... But I suppose the on line is quite empty 

Don't know about the community there but think it should be still crowded because the game is really for online races but I think I read that it's harder than before to win a race because there are only pro players and the beginners players are on GT7 now but again better to take a look to the thread on this forum.

Currently on the weekend sprint race at the Nurburgring :)

1 hour ago, Mystic_Snake said:

I should try that too, I think I did changed but didn't feel the difference but will try again.

It's the only steering setting that you can change that was also in the first game. It affects your steering sensitivity in relation to the current speed you are going so if it's at 0 then it will be way too sensitive & you'll fly off the track on high speed corners. If it's at 100 then you will understeer too much on the same type of corners so what I use is just right for controller. I had the same setting on the original where it's a lot more useful so had the same here as I was comfortable with it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

Thanks for the great thread guys, very valuable information!

In terms of overall time investment, what is the approximate length for completing long and medium careers respectively?

Short 17h

Medium 32h

Long 48h

Overall 97h

• Like 2

On 2023-06-05 at 7:43 AM, Smashguy said:

I'm currently on the final test Spa on my short career mode with gold medal overall. Career takes forever to get 3 trophies. Ugh.

Yes the career mode is really boring and repetitive and you don't earn anything at the end just a virtual gold cup. It's not like GT. 

I'm still doing the medium career mode and I'm doing afk during the Paul Ricard endurance race which takes 4 hours. But at least, these three trophies are easy, it's just really time-consuming.

On 2023-06-07 at 4:26 PM, Ghost-TeamX said:

Thanks for the great thread guys, very valuable information!

In terms of overall time investment, what is the approximate length for completing long and medium careers respectively?

On my personal note:

• 13 hours to get all the easy trophy before to tackle the career mode and the driver category trophies
  • I achieved the short career mode in 40 hours because of the toughest events of Brands Hatch and SPA with the Porsche GT3
  • On my medium career mode and I think I did already 20 hours and I have the SPA event and two last endurance races to do

On 2023-06-08 at 10:59 AM, TOTENTANZ_77 said:

Short 17h

Medium 32h

Long 48h

Overall 97h

Yes it's really long but fortunately doable. It's just take patience and motivation :)

On 2023-06-08 at 11:07 AM, Ghost-TeamX said:

Nice, thanks for the precise numbers. And in terms of difficulty, are the time trials also affected by the difficulty settings or just the races?

Yes indeed! Always choose the easy difficulty option or else, you will be screw or it will be very hard to achieve gold medal for the events time trials especially with a controller. You can check my post and the one from Destructor-8 to check the times that we did. 

For the races, there is no impact but however there is three different length of career mode so if choose the short one for example, the race of the first half of the career mode will take 20 minutes but if you choose the medium one, it will take 40 minutes. 

I will adjust my post to make an explanation about this :)

By the way @Destructor-8, you was right about the Bentley! It's really better to choose this car because I could beat the event of Silverstone in a matter of just 3 laps instead of many laps with the Porsche GT3. Also, I tried to beat the gold time at SPA from the single player mode and I could do it with the Bentley in just 4 laps with a agressive setup!