ps4, ps5 save question and autopops?

melodicmizery

this games price is a bit high and to get both versions is even higher. few questions

if you play on ps4 do trophies pop on ps5, and vice versa

can you upload your save from ps4 to ps5, and vice versa

debating if i should just get the ps5 version and wait for ps4 to go on sale in the future. or cave in and buy both and start on ps4.

I played it on PS4 and then autopopped everything on PS5 with an easy save transfer option.

You can only go from PS4 to PS5 though, not the other way. I played a little of the PS5 version afterwards and couldn't tell much difference anyway.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Anke said:

I played it on PS4 and then autopopped everything on PS5 with an easy save transfer option.

You can only go from PS4 to PS5 though, not the other way. I played a little of the PS5 version afterwards and couldn't tell much difference anyway.

thanks, great answer. exactly to the point

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CaptainCobana said:

The PS4 Version has a free upgrade for the PS5 version included. Not sure why it would be more expensive. 

I'd play the PS5 version first though, better experience and everything. 

What did you notice was better in the PS5 version, they looked the same to me. Better load times possibly but can't think of much else, unless I missed something obvious?

Bearing in mind if you do it this way around you will have to play the entire thing twice, and you'll have to play the PS4 version anyway.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2023 at 9:13 PM, CaptainCobana said:

The PS4 Version has a free upgrade for the PS5 version included. Not sure why it would be more expensive. 

i got one full day of play in, and then my 75 inch 4k tv backlights went out and my tv went dead. i took it to a repair shop and the guy said sometimes they go out when you use excessive brightness for long periods of time. and since im colorblind its been real hard to see in this game with the hdr on. i had turned the hdr off for the final hour and just put my brightness to max and i could see everything. i cant say for sure the game might of possibly had something to do with killing my tv, if that was the issue i think hundreds of people would of complained already about the same issue. but it prob didnt help much if my tv was already on its last leg. tbh it looks alot better on my 50 inch 1080 tv on ps4 pro then it does on my 4k tv. as for ps5 i guess ill never know since im going to autopop it. the one trophy that puts me off from doing the game twice is the shooting gallery. ive hated the shooting gallery in every single re4 release. it brings a dead hault to the game. and for some reaosn my worse runs when i get deducted points and hit the wrong targets i somehow manage to get into the bonus round instead of my near flawless runs. when i played re village i saw a slight better quality on ps5 but nothing to spectacular. beautiful game though none the less. 

On 4/24/2023 at 9:13 PM, CaptainCobana said:

i think i may have got dead island confused with re because i think dead island only offers one version unless you buy the more expensive pack. i was looking at both games decidding which one to buy

• 1 month later...

I know the PS4 version caps at 1440p and 30 FPS on PS4 Pro, does it by chance reach 60fps while playing on a PS5? I'm currently slogging through the first game, and struggling with the resolution and frame rate! However I hear that DI2 still looks and feels great even on PS4 Pro. Thanks.