Weapon Level Bugged?

soziaLSturmi

Leveled my weapons just normally hitting lvl 9 with the sword for Firion but since 2 dungeons and couple hours its not getting any further nor does it seem to make any progress at all same goes for other weapons and characters. Seems kinda like the magic lvl bug? Any suggestions or solutions on this ? :)

That's just how leveling works in FFII. There's a formula that's something like # of hits + enemy rank > your current skill level to get any exp. 

The max rank in this game is 7 for enemies. So for the weapons, you really just need to put the weakest weapons on your character and just have one person attack high rank monsters (5-7) and have everyone else defend. 

• Like 1

Once you get the Blood Sword, kill off your party but your sword user, go to an early zone and just attack yourself for a few minutes. You can only get one level per battle so every three or four minutes, kill the enemy and rinse repeat. I got it in about 20 minutes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Briste said:

Once you get the Blood Sword, kill off your party but your sword user, go to an early zone and just attack yourself for a few minutes. You can only get one level per battle so every three or four minutes, kill the enemy and rinse repeat. I got it in about 20 minutes. 

thanks for the useful tip buddy appreciate it :) 

• Like 1