Quickest way to level 100?

h1tm4nXx_095

Title says it all. It's my last trophy and I'm not enjoying my time with this game. It is, however, the last trophy I need for the platinum trophy and as well the only fallout game I have not received the platinum trophy for, so I'm trying my best to push through but its a slog. 

Any tips on getting consistent levels until 100? i'm only at 66.

• Like 1

I looked at your profile and it looks like you haven't tackled any of the expansions? Playing Wastelanders and Steel Reign will level you up at least a decent amount without having to grind (although not to 100). They're free (at least they were for me) and really good. I can see why you didn't enjoy the game - vanilla 76 is nothing without those expansions.

• Like 3

You will be at Lv100, long before you even come close to finishing all the main and side story content and earning most of the trophies needed for the 100% so don't worry about it but if you want some tips, go to Youtube and look up MrWestTek - he has a ton of videos on how to maximise your XP gain :).

Here's the link to my profile: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8434-fallout-76/HuntingFever?order=date - I hit Lv100 after finishing the Wastelanders DLC and was most of the way done with Steel Reign but before making much of a dent in the Pitt.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I looked at your profile and it looks like you haven't tackled any of the expansions? Playing Wastelanders and Steel Reign will level you up at least a decent amount without having to grind (although not to 100). They're free (at least they were for me) and really good. I can see why you didn't enjoy the game - vanilla 76 is nothing without those expansions.

I have done all of Steel Reign and I think my wastelanders questline is bugged. It keeps saying "follow the overseers journey" but there is no map marker when I try to click R1. I am currently trying to finish that raiders vs settlers questline with breaking into the vault. It is currently the only "main" quest I have active. 

5 minutes ago, h1tm4nXx_095 said:

I have done all of Steel Reign and I think my wastelanders questline is bugged. It keeps saying "follow the overseers journey" but there is no map marker when I try to click R1. I am currently trying to finish that raiders vs settlers questline with breaking into the vault. It is currently the only "main" quest I have active. 

That side mission has been buggy since the Beta but you can finish it by reading the Wiki and seeing which holotapes you're missing, then going to the relevant locations and picking them up: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Overseer's_Mission. Fortunately, this side mission doesn't have any trophies attached to it so it doesn't matter if you don't finish it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You will be at Lv100, long before you even come close to finishing all the main and side story content and earning most of the trophies needed for the 100% so don't worry about it but if you want some tips, go to Youtube and look up MrWestTek - he has a ton of videos on how to maximise your XP gain :).

Here's the link to my profile: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8434-fallout-76/HuntingFever?order=date - I hit Lv100 after finishing the Wastelanders DLC and was most of the way done with Steel Reign but before making much of a dent in the Pitt.

I'm not doubting you...however without certain farming methods and double xp weekends I'm not sure how you hit level 100 before finishing the two expansions story lines...

The OP has said they have done Steel Reign and is only level 66, and I recall finishing at least the first playthrough of Wastelanders and not being near 100...

11 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I'm not doubting you...however without certain farming methods and double xp weekends I'm not sure how you hit level 100 before finishing the two expansions story lines...

The OP has said they have done Steel Reign and is only level 66, and I recall finishing at least the first playthrough of Wastelanders and not being near 100...

I just played normally, explored a lot, did every event that came up and worked on the challenges for the Scoreboard :). The x2 XP Weekends helped but I missed some due to ill health and other things getting in the way, though I still managed to level up at a decent rate regardless. Being in a Casual Team helps as well, due to the XP buff you get from both it and the Intelligence boost, as does having a maxed out Inspirational Perk Card equipped.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

I did all of the trophy content and a few extras that arent needed for trophies, to get better weapons etc. and I never had an issue with reaching lvl 100 I was there before I was finished with the dlc. I guess because I really enjoyed the game it came natural. There really is no lvl grinding needed if you do 100%

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

I did all of the trophy content and a few extras that arent needed for trophies, to get better weapons etc. and I never had an issue with reaching lvl 100 I was there before I was finished with the dlc. I guess because I really enjoyed the game it came natural. There really is no lvl grinding needed if you do 100%

Grinding out 1,000 stamps for the Auto-Axe helps as well, though that will be less of an issue once the June update arrives and reconfigures the Pitt DLC to remove most of the insane grind needed to 100% that DLC :). Most of the last 200 levels I've earned, have come from daily runs through the Pitt and all the BS you have to go through just to get there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Grinding out 1,000 stamps for the Auto-Axe helps as well, though that will be less of an issue once the June update arrives and reconfigures the Pitt DLC to remove most of the insane grind needed to 100% that DLC :). Most of the last 200 levels I've earned, have come from daily runs through the Pitt and all the BS you have to go through just to get there.

Yeah I played the Pitt dlc when it came out so I didn't have to grind any stamps thankfully. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

At the time when I got the platinum Steel Reign wasn't out and all the other DLC trophies weren't added. I did all side missions, main missions and the raider side of Wastelanders and even with that I had to use double xp plus doing the golf course run to reach 100. I also played solo (apart from some co-op trophies needed) so didn't take advantage of team XP boosts.

Might be different now with all of the content needed for 100% now I guess...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

At the time when I got the platinum Steel Reign wasn't out and all the other DLC trophies weren't added. I did all side missions, main missions and the raider side of Wastelanders and even with that I had to use double xp plus doing the golf course run to reach 100. I also played solo (apart from some co-op trophies needed) so didn't take advantage of team XP boosts.

Might be different now with all of the content needed for 100% now I guess...

Yes, trust me it is very different now and a lot better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Yes, trust me it is very different now and a lot better.

This^

There are a lot of ways to earn a ton of easy XP these days without having to use exploits or tedious farming routes. Also, the June Update is adding some new story content to the game, along with a new Scoreboard and additional Daily/Weekly Objectives to complete :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Try to get a minigun and play 50+ level events. Because there are people joining often over 2000 level there, just go on the roof, spray on the enemies (lurks, ghouls, super mutants) just 1 or 2 times and let somebody else kill them. You will always get A LOT OF XP. Plus for succeeding the event. Grab the stuff, stash them, and fast travel to another event.

I did 9 levels in one day (6 hours playing)

I hope it works :)

Edited by Vikiller94