Hacked maps? How to avoid them

HaserPL

I saw a dispute that someone has played a custom map and it unlocked trophies for them. I want to avoid that but the game has really peaked my interest and some fan maps look like a lot of fun, is there any way to know which maps to avoid or should I play on an alt account just to be safe?

15 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I saw a dispute that someone has played a custom map and it unlocked trophies for them. I want to avoid that but the game has really peaked my interest and some fan maps look like a lot of fun, is there any way to know which maps to avoid or should I play on an alt account just to be safe?

The hacked track was in Trials Rising, there is nothing like that in Fusion, so you're safe. And even in Rising, I suppose it is very unlikely that out of thousands upon thousands of tracks you would accidentally pick the hacked one. In short, go ahead and play the game, it's incredibly satisfying :D

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Well I got tagged for Anger management (modded track) which is weird as I played the game normally and used the tracks available (also community tracks). Since the game supplied me these tracks I am going raise a dispute.

imho why should you be flagged if the game itself gives contains these ‘modded’ tracks? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Arc_Xev said:

Well I got tagged for Anger management (modded track) which is weird as I played the game normally and used the tracks available (also community tracks). Since the game supplied me these tracks I am going raise a dispute.

imho why should you be flagged if the game itself gives contains these ‘modded’ tracks? 

How do you get tagged (as you said) by this particular trophy (Anger management)? There is no way of telling that this one trophy has been achieved illegally anyway. Also, for Anger management there's always been a track in Track Central that made it available (everything the same but the bike wouldn't catch on fire) and using that track has never been flaggable (same for the Level up trophy).

On 11/13/2023 at 6:00 PM, Arc_Xev said:

I have also been flagged for this trophy. Apparently the reason I have been flagged is because I earned it too fast?? I don't understand how that is a valid reason for reporting someone. Took me a good number of hours of practice to earn that trophy. Not happy.

Oh I see. I earned each trophy for that dlc on the same day, so I think somebody assumed I managed to get it all done too fast, even though I slowly made progress through the levels of the dlc over the course of a couple days.

34 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

Imagine how mad you have to be  that you screenshot the whole leaderboard of the circle of hell no fire map, cross check with psnprofiles's usernames and proceed to flag everyone.

If that is why those people were flagged, it's really dumb. For one thing, using these tracks has been known around here for years and never constituted a flaggable offense (whether that's right or not is not for me to say). Another thing is that being on these leaderboards does not necessarily mean that the trophies (there are two that can be earned using custom made tracks) haven't been earned 'properly' first (a bit unlikely, but perfectly possible).

• 5 months later...