Had no issues, but now game keeps crashing after (minor spoilers)

I beat the game with no glitches or any problems in the slightest. Now I’m going back to Coruscant and I go to the door you need the electricity to open to defeat the monster behind the door. I beat him and head towards the elevator close by. 3 times in a row the game crashes as the elevator is ascending. Is this a known issue? I never had any crashing issues before. Should I just wait a couple weeks and hope the glitch is fixed? 

I actually just had the exact same issue last night. It took me a couple of tries, but I was eventually able to beat the monster and then I went over to the elevator, sent it up empty once, called it back down, and then went up on it, and it was successful. Definitely had a lot more crashes within in the last 24 hours, though.

did this without crashing. 

However the game has tons of issues. Pop-in, things not rendering, NPCs looking like shit. Overall game looking subpar, screen tearing, HDR issues among many others. Apparently an elevator crash. They should have held off a few more months

Today my game crashed for the first time and I've lost 5 days of progress. (Played around 5-6 hours). I cleaned up all the planets except Koboh, and now I have to collect everything again and fight at least 5 different bounties. This has never happened before to me in ANY game. 

The only crashing I had was on release weekend.  It crashed twice in a row in the same spot, deserted village I think, and then a third time during a cutscene later.  After the next patch they released it hasn't crashed at all. 

Only ither issues have been minor slowdown here and there, pop in, and enemies dissapearing during fights or upon respawn, including a legendary that eventually respawned.  Otherwise it hasn't been all that bad. 

Platinumed it yesterday and just have to collect 39 seeds to get 100% completion on my save.

On 5/18/2023 at 0:37 AM, victorrfuego said:

This is why im holding off on the game for now, I heard the game is great but bugs and crashing is what im really not so thrilled about lol

in think I’ll hold off on trying to get the platinum for the same reasons. I used the last week to clean up Hogwarts legacy and will go back to finish up some others before going for this games platinum. 

• Like 1

Played this game on release and platinumed it after the first patch arrived (Not the Day 1 patch, the one afterwards). And with the patch, the game started crashing without no noticeable pattern.

Was able to get rid of the crashes with changing some settings:

- Performance Mode: Off 
- Motion Blur: Off
- Film Grain: Off
- Chromatic Aberration: Off

- HDR: Deactivated it in the game, closed the game and afterwards deactivated HDR in the console settings. Then restarted the game.

--> Imo it is better to have uglier graphics and less FPS, then a frequent crashing game.

Also some PS5 games I played on two consoles (different models) crashed more when stored on an M.2 SSD, but did either crash less or not at all when stored on console storage. 

Maybe everything listed above does not help everyone and it is no guaranteed fix, but since it helped me I thought: Why not sharing information like this. ?

/edit Maybe take a look out for the patch notes and the EA Star Wars Twitter Account if they announce something helpful. EA Answer HQ could also be useful.

Edited by Geridian
/edit

• 3 weeks later...