NPCs die of natural deaths? Warmaiden under new ownership

polar_bear_dad78

In Whiterun the Warmaiden shop keeper was orginally a woman (can't remeber her name) and she had the big guy behind the counter selling items. One day I head over there and noticed that she was not outside working her forge like usually in the middle of the day. I went in the store and the big guy tells me since the previous shopkeeper died he bought the place. Has anyone else run into this at any other shop or did I miss a quest or something? Just curious....

I remember reading in either GameInformer or PlayStation magazine a while back, that among some of the changes one is apt to see is just that, some of the NPC's will indeed succumb to the same hazards as the player does, including dying.

I have yet to see it for myself, but it sounds like what the OP experienced it just as I had read.

I remember reading in either GameInformer or PlayStation magazine a while back, that among some of the changes one is apt to see is just that, some of the NPC's will indeed succumb to the same hazards as the player does, including dying.

I have yet to see it for myself, but it sounds like what the OP experienced it just as I had read.

It happened to me in Riverwood. An unscripted dragon attack happened, and killed poor Alvor. Now his wife, anytime I talk to her, mentions how much she misses him - and no one works his forge :(.

@Dreakon: I don't think these events are scripted - you could actually kill her yourself if you chose. It's possible she was just out and something got her, or there was a battle somewhere in town and she was killed in it - could have been anything.