XPerienced trophy bugged?

Paragleiber

19 hours ago, G-SKI44 said:

I'VE FOUND A FIX! I should mention this only works for disc copies of the game, as it involves deleting and reinstalling the game WITHOUT the update file. This works easiest if you just turn your internet connection off for this fix. When the base game installs, just jump back into Story mode and drive around for like 30 seconds. Popped in the middle of a challenge for me. I then connected to my internet, downloaded the update file and am back to where I was, grinding away at the mileage trophies lol. But a potential fix for this lame bug is finally here. Let me know if this helps any of you!

This worked for me. Was stuck on 96%! Popped as soon as I loaded the disc up with no patch applied. THANK YOU!!!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, G-SKI44 said:

Hmm, that is weird. Maybe the tracker also needs to be reading technically Level 29? My tracker was stuck at 96% before I tried this. Have you tried progressing other trophies to buffer Xperienced? Such as collectibles or just a miscellaneous activity?

Yea ps5 disc version myself

I've tried playing offline with the disc version on both Xbox Series X and Xbox One X. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the achievement to unlock.

I had this glitch on PS5 after transferring my progress from XSX. The offline from disc trick worked there. The trophy unlocked when I started Racing 101 in Turbo Acres. On the other hand, Free Banana Smoothies (find all 14 garages) is locked on PS5 and I haven't been able to unlock it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted this on an Xbox site. But maybe this will also work for those on PS5 or PS4 that don't have the disc version. Unfortunately, it requires playing through from the beginning again, unless you have a backup before Level 30.

I finally got it to unlock! While experimenting with progress transfer to Playstation, I accidentally lost all my progress. So I started over again. I was still stuck at 93% when I went to Level 30 by winning a race. Fortunately, I had a backup on Steam so I could keep trying.

Here's what finally worked:
Played on Xbox One X while my 2K account was unlinked, but Internet on.
Crossed to Level 30 by collecting a Rainbow Brick, specifically the one floating under the large UFO in Big Butte County.
(Edit: This also worked on Steam. I can't say whether this works on PS5 and PS4, since I unlocked there by playing the unpatched disc versions.)

Your mileage certainly may vary.

Also, here's advice on restoring and transferring a save if you have the Steam or PS4 version. (This page tells where the Steam save is located. This is the easiest way to make multiple backups.)

Steam or PS4:
1. Turn off Internet or unlink 2K account.
2. Briefly play the save that you restored on Steam or PS4. Quit the game.
3. Reconnect Internet or relink 2K account.
4. Since you played offline, the console save is newer than the 2K Cloud save. You should get a choice of save. Pick Local. There's a chance the game will still go with cloud. If so, repeat previous steps.

Xbox or other platform to transfer to:
5. Play the game. You'll have to Terminate Session from the playing on Steam or PS4. This takes quite a few seconds. Just wait.
6. You probably won't be given a choice of save, but choose Cloud if so.
7. The save hopefully will have transferred, but sometimes it doesn't. If the transfer didn't work, go all the way back to Step 1. Sorry!

The new patch came out today for the Season 1 Drive Pass. Unfortunately, it didn’t fix the problem with level 30 since I won a race and got XP even though I was maxed out yet it didn’t pop. Guess I will have to do the offline disc method once my 6000 miles is finished.

Damn. Trying to autopop all the trophies for the PS4 version now that I’ve got the platinum on the PS5 version.

I managed to get all of them to autopop eventually except Free Banana Smoothies and XPerienced. Can’t seem to unlock these on the PS4 no matter what I try - any tips?

7 hours ago, Graffin_G said:

Damn. Trying to autopop all the trophies for the PS4 version now that I’ve got the platinum on the PS5 version.

I managed to get all of them to autopop eventually except Free Banana Smoothies and XPerienced. Can’t seem to unlock these on the PS4 no matter what I try - any tips?

Do you have the PS4 disc version or the ability to borrow it? I was able to get Xperienced to unlock there by transferring the save to PS4, deleting the game, going offline, and installing from disc. Completing a race made Xperienced unlock. It may also work to start an On-the-Go and Abandon it. Or sometimes destroying an opponent in a race makes the trophy unlock.

But for Free Banana Smoothies, the only solution I've found is to start over.

1 hour ago, MathGuy42z said:

Do you have the PS4 disc version or the ability to borrow it? I was able to get Xperienced to unlock there by transferring the save to PS4, deleting the game, going offline, and installing from disc. Completing a race made Xperienced unlock. It may also work to start an On-the-Go and Abandon it. Or sometimes destroying an opponent in a race makes the trophy unlock.

But for Free Banana Smoothies, the only solution I've found is to start over.

Unfortunately no. I’ve got the digital versions of the game.

Noticed that if I talk to the monkey at the Buzzard garage on Butte County he says “You’ve discovered a new Garage and Fast Travel point!”. I’ve been there before but surely a message like that should make the trophy pop. Even revisited all 14 garages in one play through (nope).

I’m wondering if the v1.0 download of the game using PSXhelper would work in this instance (for either trophy) or will it get patched eventually?

Guess I’m worried about starting over on the PS4 then losing all my progress on the PS5 version where I’m playing through the season pass (which seems like a grind for no new trophies).

15 hours ago, Graffin_G said:

I’m wondering if the v1.0 download of the game using PSXhelper would work in this instance (for either trophy) or will it get patched eventually?

Guess I’m worried about starting over on the PS4 then losing all my progress on the PS5 version where I’m playing through the season pass (which seems like a grind for no new trophies).

I'm not familiar with PSXhelper, so can't give a complete opinion there. Based on my experience with playing the old disc version, you might get Xperienced, but I doubt Free Banana Smoothies will pop.

Since it's PS4, you could backup your current save to USB or Cloud Storage (turn off auto sync). Then start from scratch to get those two trophies. When you're done, restore your save to Console storage. I have a long post above on how to get the game to use your old restored save instead of the cloud save.

28 minutes ago, MathGuy42z said:

I'm not familiar with PSXhelper, so can't give a complete opinion there. Based on my experience with playing the old disc version, you might get Xperienced, but I doubt Free Banana Smoothies will pop.

Since it's PS4, you could backup your current save to USB or Cloud Storage (turn off auto sync). Then start from scratch to get those two trophies. When you're done, restore your save to Console storage. I have a long post above on how to get the game to use your old restored save instead of the cloud save.

Thanks for the post.

I used PSXhelper a while back for some other game where a trophy would unlock in v1.0 of a game and not in the latest version and it worked. I'll give it a shot with this one, but like you said, maybe Xperienced will pop but Free Banana Smoothies won't. PSXhelper is a PC app that basically grabs the v1.0 version of a game (without updates) and downloads that from the PSN to your PS4 console (it does require some tweaking of the network settings on the PS4, but nothing that poses a security risk as far as I know).

2K Support seems clueless. This is the reply I received when reporting that the 2 trophies/achievements are glitched...

Hey Graffin,

Thank you for reaching out to us at 2K Support!

My name is Geetanjali and I will be helping you today. I appreciate you writing to let us know about this issue in which you are unable to unlock the Free Banana Smoothies and XPerienced. Please do not worry I'll assist you to the best of my abilities.

First off, let's try a  cache clear. This helps resolve a lot of issues, so please give that a shot. If restarting the game doesn't fix the issue, please fill out the following bug report so that I may relay this information to the appropriate team:

BUG REPORT

·       Game mode you encountered the bug in:

To escalate this report I'll also need video and/or screenshots. You can check out this article for information on how to upload screenshots/videos to your support ticket.

Once I have this information, I can take a look at the issue and get back to you. Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks,

Geetanjali C.
2K Support

Edited by Graffin_G

On 2.7.2023 at 2:33 PM, Graffin_G said:

Thanks for the post.

I used PSXhelper a while back for some other game where a trophy would unlock in v1.0 of a game and not in the latest version and it worked. I'll give it a shot with this one, but like you said, maybe Xperienced will pop but Free Banana Smoothies won't. PSXhelper is a PC app that basically grabs the v1.0 version of a game (without updates) and downloads that from the PSN to your PS4 console (it does require some tweaking of the network settings on the PS4, but nothing that poses a security risk as far as I know).

2K Support seems clueless. This is the reply I received when reporting that the 2 trophies/achievements are glitched...

Hey Graffin,

Thank you for reaching out to us at 2K Support!

My name is Geetanjali and I will be helping you today. I appreciate you writing to let us know about this issue in which you are unable to unlock the Free Banana Smoothies and XPerienced. Please do not worry I'll assist you to the best of my abilities.

First off, let's try a  cache clear. This helps resolve a lot of issues, so please give that a shot. If restarting the game doesn't fix the issue, please fill out the following bug report so that I may relay this information to the appropriate team:

BUG REPORT

·       Game mode you encountered the bug in:

To escalate this report I'll also need video and/or screenshots. You can check out this article for information on how to upload screenshots/videos to your support ticket.

Once I have this information, I can take a look at the issue and get back to you. Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks,

Geetanjali C.
2K Support

and what is the solution?

Edited by Lord_Brune

I loaded up PSX Download Helper. It was easier than I remember. You just change the network proxy server on the PS4 to go through your PC first.

Anyway, I deleted the game. Downloaded v1.00 successfully. (7.959 GB), disconnected from the internet, had a local file that had my level 30/24 flag/story progress, and unfortunately, the two trophies did not pop. I tried talking to NPC's, doing some races, challenges and even visiting a few garages, but nope. Nothing.

In fact, in v1.00, the garage on Turbo Acres disappeared for me so there was no way of getting back there.

So, have to do it the hard way. Applied the update (4.771 GB) to v1.07. deleted the save file. It took a lil over 4 hours, but I powered through the story and unlocked all the garages, popping Free Banana Smoothies. I'm playing offline by the way cos I don't want to use the cloud save and mess up progress on my PS5. Played about 7 hours in total and at level 19. Still a bit to go to see whether XPerienced pops at Level 30 (fingers crossed, or I will scream).

So, sorry everyone, I thought PSX Download Helper may work for XPerienced, it didn't. I don't know how some users with disc versions (which I assume are also v1.00) are able to get it to pop, but can't get the same to happen with the digital version on the PS4.

I'll update the post if/when I get the PS4 platinum. I'll be really p'd off it XPerienced doesn't unlock after starting over.

Okay. Well, replayed the entire game from scratch on the PS4 with v1.07. Got the Free Banana Smoothies trophy but 15 hours of grinding later no XPerienced trophy… I am so peeved. 

I noticed there’s now a v1.08 update, but updating the game didn’t make it pop even after playing a few races and other stuff. 

I’m not wasting my time on this POS again and hoping a clean save works in v1.08.

So annoyed at myself for not making a save on the PS4 when I was at level 29. Grrr!

@Graffin_G Sorry you couldn't get Xperienced to unlock. The 1.00 behavior you describe sounds like what I saw when playing the disc version on both PS5 and PS4. That is, the Turbo Acres garage was gone.

I've had synced trophies unlock when one of these happens. But it sounds like you probably did all of these:

1. Complete a race. (Specifically, I did Racing 101 in Turbo Acres, but I don't think it would matter.)

2. Start an On-the-Go and abandon it. (Probably finishing it works too.)

3. Bricking an AI in a race.

I think I've mentioned this, but maybe it's been lost in my previous long texts. When going from Level 29 to Level 30, do so by picking up a Collectible. Making the transition via a race does not seem to work.

Good luck if you try again.

1 hour ago, MathGuy42z said:

@Graffin_G Sorry you couldn't get Xperienced to unlock. The 1.00 behavior you describe sounds like what I saw when playing the disc version on both PS5 and PS4. That is, the Turbo Acres garage was gone.

I've had synced trophies unlock when one of these happens. But it sounds like you probably did all of these:

1. Complete a race. (Specifically, I did Racing 101 in Turbo Acres, but I don't think it would matter.)

2. Start an On-the-Go and abandon it. (Probably finishing it works too.)

3. Bricking an AI in a race.

I think I've mentioned this, but maybe it's been lost in my previous long texts. When going from Level 29 to Level 30, do so by picking up a Collectible. Making the transition via a race does not seem to work.

Good luck if you try again.

I’m so mad at myself for not backing up the 698Mb save from the PS4 at level 29! (I know the PS5 won’t let you back it up, but PS4 does).

Yeah, I tried the race you mentioned, bricked an AI, raced around each world for a bit and even tried getting the trophy to pop both offline and online. No luck. I didn’t know about the collectible thing. I just crossed over from level 29 to 30 with a race. Though, you’d expect it to unlock no matter what you do or even if you are already at level 30. Surely they could patch it so it checks current level and if it’s 30, unlock it. God knows how I managed to unlock it on the PS5 without any issues.

I’m curious what v1.08 fixes (if anything).

Also annoyed that they started the season on June 28 - I got it up to tier 33 on the PS4 just by doing the bare minimum to get level 30, whereas on the PS5 that I started day one and 100% everything, I’m only on tier 13. Such a grind for early adopters of the game. So unfair!

MathGuy42z, you were absolutely spot on about crossing over from level 29 to 30 with a collectible.

Playing the PS4 v1.08 version on a PS4 Pro from scratch with save file deleted, game deleted/re-downloaded, and played entirely solo player offline (under settings, network, I just unchecked the connect to internet box when I played it).

XPerienced finally unlocked together with the Platinum. 3rd time’s a charm. Thanks for the collectible tip MathGuy42z!

One note about the way I played. Did the story mode, but did not play the Sky Cup (where the credits roll and you return in Turbo Acres). I didn’t want to risk it. You can grind XP quickly on the race Infin8 Loop in Butte County - boost and bricking cars and winning is super quick and easy.

Made a save to a USB drive when at 4,095/4,250 on level 29 just in case I’d need to grab the v1.00 version and try again (which is possible for digital owners - just search for PSX Download Helper on this site or on Google).

Damn that was painful. Kinda defeated the point of auto-popping the rest of the trophies but saved me from getting the tedious collectibles and 78 golds on challenges.

I hope this info helps others. Couldn’t have done it without MathGuy42z though!

Edited by Graffin_G

Glad it worked out for you!

I found Abduction 500 (Big Butte County) to be great for grinding XP. Since it's point-to-point, playing in A class doesn't make the race longer. And with a flower patch near the end, it was (almost) always easy to boost to a 1st place finish. Once I was used to the race, only the Spider Web powerup caused me to come in behind 1st.

9 hours ago, RICKI said:

This is still a problem for me. Non disk version PS5. 

Is there a fix? 

Sadly, not yet, even though 2K are more than aware of the issue. Heck, the trophy icon for the game is still messed up/missing for the PS5 version.

The only way is to power through the story mode from scratch, get to level 29, get close to leveling up, and make sure you ONLY pick up collectibles to get you up to level 30. Probably takes about 14-21 hours depending how quickly you can do the races and get the necessary XP from loads of grinding.

You could try putting a USB drive in and backing up your save when at level 29 (but for some reason the PS5 version wouldn't let me even put a tick next to the 698Mb file to do so... PS4 version did). Interestingly, I somehow fluked it that all the trophies unlocked perfectly on the PS5 digital version, but I had to replay the PS4 version 3 times to get them all (grrrr!).